Character Dining for older boys

My family and I will be going to WDW the week of Oct. 11-18. My family, me (39), DH (39), DD (11), and niece (16) have all been to WDW and love character dining. We are going with another family and they have never been. The mom is going to want to do some character meals. She has 2 DS (11 & 14). In the past, we have done Crystal Palace, Akershus, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Chef Mickey’s.

Now my question, what will be some good character meals for the boys? I’ve pretty much ruled out the princess ones. I’m just curious about some of the other character meals and if any of them are ones the boys will enjoy.

This has been an issue for us as well. DS made it clear to us a few years ago when he was about 12 or so) that he had enough of character dining. But then last year we went to Breakfastosaurus (now it’s Donald’s Safari Breakfast) and it was classic characters, and he had a great time… at 15 years old!

Here is a good link with all the scoop:
Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

I would suggest these two for older boys. “Goofy’s Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner” at the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. Characters are Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Also “Chip and Dale’s Harvest Feast” at the Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion at Epcot. Characters here are Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. I can’t remember if Goofy’s there too. Both meals are served family style so the food is brought to your table and the characters come to you. You might also want to consider Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Not a character meal, but the wait staff are the characters at this meal.

I would stick to the classic character meals, that were mentioned. I think the boys would enjoy that.

I still think they need a Villain Character Meal. I think boys would dig that.

My boys actually enjoyed the character interaction at the Liberty Tree Tavern. They were 11 and 15 at the time.

I purposely didn’t tell them we had ADRs there so I would not have to hear them complain about being too old for a character meal. Once we got seated they were all smiles, though.:happy:

No character meal suggestions come to mind, but what about Whispering Canyon, Hoop Dee Do Revue or the Luau at the Poly?

Mine like that one too - they were 11 and 13 last visit.
Mine actually transform their personalities every time we go to WDW. I have one rather serious (grumpy) boy, but when we go to WDW he is up for anything!

They also enjoyed the Hoop de Do when we went - it was a lot of fun!

Chef Mickey . . . they can go for MORE FOOD when the characters come around . . . and then MOM and DAD can have their picture taken!! :laugh:

Breakfast here is GREAT! And the characters will skip right by if you just wave at them (we did this when DD4 was scared of them!) ENJOY! :happy:

My oldest likes Garden Grill and Chef Mickeys best for characters (he is 11) and he also loves the Crystal Palace, Tigger gets him every time. :slight_smile:

The character interaction is fabulous at Garden Grill. Mickey actually fed my 12 year old DS carrots. Many carrots. My son never eats carrots! :eek: :blow: Except when Mickey Mouse feeds them to him :laugh:

Ditto!:huh:

I say Hoop-Dee-Doo. When we went, my son 13 at the time, laughed the most out of all of us.

Heck, I would dig that…:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I vote for Liberty Tree too. Atmosphere, food, and characters are all great.

I would plan a few, but not many…they may not be digging the characters. I would do chef’s and maybe o’hanna character meal, but stick to family meals.

The more “adult” and boy friendly meals would be Donald’s in AK, Goofy’s at Cape May Cafe in Beach Club, Chef Mickey’s and Crystal Palace. Liberty Tree’s menu doesn’t excite me. Garden Grill doesn’t do much for me either, but the boys might like the characters there.

I vote for Crystal palace … I love the breakfast and well if you interact with tigger he gets very playful ( I am a big kid and say to tigger I love to bounce too and he starts bouncing with me ) …

Well, I wouldn’t rule them out…some of the Princesses are PRETTY hot. :wub: :laugh:

Richard does bring up a good point!!