Character dining in my Disney theme park resort (NEW revision)

I have made one more revision to my list of character meals, with the addition of a Lilo & Stitch character breakfast at Disney Studios. Besides lacking a character breakfast in this particular theme park, I read that PCH Grill at Disneyland’s Paradise Pier hotel now has a Lilo & Stitch character breakfast, and really liked the idea! Also, I learned that WDW has a bunch of character breakfasts in non-WDW hotels; usually only on select days. For example; Garden Grove Cafe at the Swan has a character breakfast on Saturday; as well as a character dinner every day (its called Gulliver’s Grill for Dinner-- odd) Baskerville’s at the Grosvener Hotel has a character breakfast on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays; Watercress at Wyndham Place has one on Sundays; Coral Cafe at the Dolphin has on on Sundays as well; and Covington Mill Restaurant at the Hilton also has one on Sundays. If we overlook the fact that most off-property character breakfasts are on select days only, WDW has as many as 13 character breakfasts!

I placed the Lilo & Stitch character meal at Soundstage Restaurant, since the theming is looser than Hollywood & Vine (Soundstage at Disney-MGM had a loosely-themed movie wrap party theme, whereas Hollywood & Vine has a more apparent Hollywood Heyday theme). Here is my newly revised lineup of character meals in my Disney theme park resort:

[B]MAGIC KINGDOM:

Crystal Palace:[/B] Similar to its Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland counterparts, The Crystal Palace is a buffet restaurant offering character meals at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Guests are joined by Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, and Eeyore at all 3 meals!

The Crystal Palace is located on Main Street, USA at the corner of Main Street and the central hub. Despite its Main Street, USA location, Crystal Palace can also be entered from Adventureland in the back! This would give guests the best of both “lands”, since WDW’s Crystal Palace can only be entered from Main Street and Tokyo’s only from Adventureland!

[B]Global Grill:[/B] Located inside The Earth pavillion in Discoveryland, Global Grill holds an Ice Cream Social with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale; daily at 3pm.

[B]Liberty Tree Tavern:[/B] Similar to its WDW counterpart, Liberty Tree Tavern is located on Liberty Street (part of Main Street, USA), and offers character dining at Dinner. Guests are joined by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Meeko.

[B]Lumière’s:[/B] Located on the second floor of Beauty and the Beast Castle, Lumière’s hosts a character breakfast similar to the one held at Cinderella’s Royal Table in WDW’s Magic Kingdom.

Characters include Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Peter Pan (inside the dining hall); along with Sleeping Beauty, who greets guests in the lobby.

[B]DISNEY STUDIOS:

Hollywood & Vine:[/B] Similar to its Disney-MGM counterpart at WDW, Hollywood & Vine holds character Lunch buffet from 11:30AM to 2:45PM. (IIRC, Hollywood & Vine used to have character meals, but Disney-MGM discontinued all character dining in the park). Guests are joined by Minnie, Daisy (both wearing Hollywood Starlet Outfits), Goofy (in a gangster outfit), Pluto, Chip & Dale.

[B]Soundstage Restaurant:[/B] Much like the former Soundstage Restaurant at Disney-MGM in Orlando, this restaurant is loosely themed to a movie wrap party. Soundstage Restaurant offers a character breakfast each morning, in which guests are joined by Mickey (in a movie director’s outfit), Lilo, Stitch, Meg (from Hercules) Esmerelda, and Mulan.

[B]DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Fulton’s Crab House:[/B]

Like its WDW’s Downtown Disney counterpart, Fulton’s Crab House is located inside a building shaped like a giant riverboat, which sits on water. At my Disney theme park resort, Fulton’s Crab House sits on a waterway alongside Downtown Disney, at the end of Downdown Disney Marketplace right by Downtown Disney’s center where DD Marketplace and DD Paradise Plaza (the entertainment district much like Disneyland’s Downtown Disney has) join. The monorail stop for Downtown Disney is also located in the center of Downtown Disney as well.

In addition to it’s seafood menu for lunch and dinner, Fulton’s Crab House also
holds a character breakfast each morning, with a buffet menu similar to Donald’s Breakfastosarus at WDW’s Animal Kingdom, but stripped of its dinosaur/prehistoric theming. Characters include Donald, Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto.

[B]DISNEYLAND HOTEL

1900 Park Faire:[/B]

Breakfast: Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins, and Bert

Afternoon Tea: This is a children’s activity session as well for children 3-10 years old, much like the Wonderland Tea Party at WDW’s 1900 Park Faire. Characters include Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit

Dinner: Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Pinocchio, Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket.

[B]DISNEY’S CONTEMPORARY RESORT

Chef Mickey’s:[/B]

Breakfast: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale

Dinner: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale.

[B]DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD HOTEL:

Roger’s Buffeteria:[/B] Themed to the 1988 movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Roger’s Buffeteria features character dining at Breakfast and Dinner, where Roger is joined by a wide variety of his Disney friends!

Breakfast: Roger, Minnie, Goofy, Max, Rafiki, and Timon

Dinner: Roger, Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Peter Pan, and Wendy

If anyone has questions, comments, and/or suggestions, please feel free to post! :mickey:

This is an excellent list of Character Meals. You’ve done a great job being all-inclusive with the characters…

I think you hit the nail right on the head! :wink: I did include a lot of rare characters in my character meals; for example, Scrooge McDuck at the Fulton’s Crab House (Downtown Disney) breakfast, Bert (from Mary Poppins) at 1900 Park Faire breakfast (he has appeared at WDW’s 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian, but rarely), Jiminy Cricket at 1900 Park Faire dinner, and Esmerelda and Mulan at the Soundstage Restaurant breakfast.

BTW, Cinderella’s Gala Feast at WDW’s 1900 Park Faire already is a very popular meal as is, but having Jiminy Cricket at my 1900 Park Faire (which has a very similar character lineup) will draws guests for sure! :biggrin:

Anyway, glad you liked my character meal lineup! :mickey:

This looks great. I love Minnie & Daisy getting all dolles up Hollywood style! Love the way you incorporated the rare characters. I would love to see Jiminy Cricket.

Incorporating the rare characters into my character meals seems to be one of the best ways to get a chance to actually meet them. I have only seen a handful of pictures of Scrooge McDuck, and even fewer of Jiminy Cricket; one of which was in Birnbaum’s 1994 Official Guide, with Jiminy and the book’s author!

Although this is my own opinion, it seems that they’re overdoing the “Big 5” (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto) at WDW’s character meals. I think that there should be a greater variety of characters at each meal to make them more profitable and draw more guests. As for Disneyland, they only have eight character meals, so its hard to tell if they’re overdoing anything or not. OTOH, WDW has approximately 20 character meals, plus about 5 character breakfast in non-Disney hotels on select days.

Seems like Chip and Dale are at quite a few character meals as well. They must be close behind the “Big 5”! I would love to have some meals with rarer characters. Imagine how hard it would be to get PS’s if they only did 1 or 2 meals with rarer guys :blink: :eek:

Well, I helped take care of that by making some of the restaurant’s dining halls larger and adding more seats. For example, Lumière’s has 260 seats-- exactly double the number Cinderella’s Royal Table has (130). Also, since my park is not WDW, I’m sure it wouldn’t get quite as many guests (Disneyland Resort doesn’t quite get as many guests as WDW), particularly since WDW is much larger than either Disneyland (2 theme parks, 430 acres) or mine (2 theme parks, 1200-1600 acres); with 4 theme parks and 43.1 square miles, plus numerous other activities not included in the theme parks! In fact, Disneyland only has eight character meals, as opposed to about 20 (not including off-property character breakfasts at non-Disney hotels on select days).

Actually, I think everyone should visit both Disneyland and WDW; as well as the International parks if they get a chance! Each theme park is not the same, and has its own qualities and characteristics that make them unique! :wink:

As for my character meals, I bet the most popular meal will be Dinner at 1900 Park Faire. The Cinderella-themed 1900 Park Faire dinner at WDW is the second most popular character meal behind CRT breakfast (I think), but having Jiminy at mine (which has a somewhat similar character lineup) would make it even more so! :biggrin:

If only this can become a real place…it sounds so great to me. I really want to eat with these characters. I love the fact that you thought everything out. More seating is a great idea that I never even thought of!

Extra seating came out of logic. In fact, one of the reason’s the Cinderella’s Royal Table character breakfast is so difficult to get Priority Seating for is mainly due to the fact that it’s the smallest restuarant offering character dining (only 130 seats).

Just thought you’d like to know! :wink:

Ahhh, that’s why I didn’t think of it!!! :laugh: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue:

Logically! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :biggrin: :wink:

lol — :laugh: :laugh:

LOL is right! Actually, more like ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, I would say you have good taste as far as characters you’d like to meet, and which ones you think would be great for character meals. Looks like we both think alike! :wink:

Glad one of us has some logic! :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

I made another revision in my character dining list. The new lineup for the Soundstage Restaurant character breakfast is Mickey (wearing a movie director’s outfit), Lilo, Stitch, Meg (from Hercules), Esmerelda, and Mulan.

I hope this can become a real Disney theme park resort! Even though I created this as a mock proposal for WDWMagic’s Imagineer forum, much like creating the parks in Rollercoaster Tycoon, and the fact that WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) doesn’t take ideas from the public, it would be so great if my proposed Disney theme park actually does get built!!! Can you imagine?! :biggrin: :wink:

Actually, we both do! And I sure were not the only ones that actually have logic! :biggrin: :wink:

There’s a GREAT picture of Director Mickey in Birnbaum’s Official Guide to WDW, in the intro to the Disney-MGM section, in case no one has seen Mickey in his movie director’s outfit. But then, that’s the only pic of Director Mickey I have ever seen, anywhere, either online or in books or magazines!

Just thought you’d like to know! :wink: