Character Dining -- Seeing Mickey

Taking my niece for her first visit in October. She is almost 2. She loves Mickey and Minnie. So, tried to get Chef Mickey. Can’t get in. . . any time of the day.

So, give me some other ideas on what character dining you like that Mickey and/or MInnie visit?

Mickey is at the Ohana breakfast, can’t honestly remember whether Minnie is there or not. But there is great character interaction there, its a really fun place.

Cape May Cafe has all the fab 5 except for mickey. Ohana (like dixie mentioned) has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Mickey is also (or was) at the Garden Grill.

Besides Chef Mickey’s, your options for Mickey are…

'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast (Polynesian Resort) - Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch
Tusker House breakfast or lunch (Animal Kingdom) - Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy
Garden Grill dinner (Epcot) - Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale

The past two times we’ve eaten at Cape May (last July and this June), it’s just been Minnie, Donald, and Goofy.

I’d also mention the trusted mantra, “Keep trying on reservations.” People cancel all the time. Hope online 2-3 times each day, and I’m sure you’ll find something for Chef Mickeys.

We’ve done both Garden Grill and Chef Mickeys. The character interaction is about the same. Garden Grill is quieter, and we were seated without reservations and only a 5 minute wait. In fact, there was a CM out front, trying to get people to come in and dine with them.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1115688]Besides Chef Mickey’s, your options for Mickey are…

'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast (Polynesian Resort) - Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch
Tusker House breakfast or lunch (Animal Kingdom) - Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy
Garden Grill dinner (Epcot) - Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale

The past two times we’ve eaten at Cape May (last July and this June), it’s just been Minnie, Donald, and Goofy.[/QUOTE]

I always forget about Tusker! Thanks, Victoria!

Ohana is amazing. The characters came around twice while we were there! Dont give up on Chef Mickey tho. Last time we went, we didnt book until May for September. I got my res in August!!

I aggree with Cavey, keep trying to reserve. Don’t give up. We got into Chef Mickey’s for our last trip just a couple of weeks before we went. I had been checking online a lot and also calling as well. In the end, I had just finished (literally) online and decided to call just in case and I got in. (Go figure.) So you never know. Good luck.

Make a different reservation, but keep trying. I couldnt get chef mickeys. MAde Ohana, and after 15th time calling back got chef mickeys. Not to get the time pushed back, gotta keep calling