Character Dinning

Good morning,
I have never been to Disneyworld before (been to Disneyland Paris twice). I have booked to take my family in April 2009 (5 in total, 2 Adults and 3 kids).

I am wondering which is the best Character dinning option to go for?

Any recommendations would be great.

We have done the tea parties in Paris which my eldest 2 loved but I am sure my youngest daughter would love to see a Princess.

Thanks for the help

Amanda
:mickey:

:smile:

Hi Amanda! :happy: Welcome to MouseBuzz, I hope you love it here!

Would you prefer a character breakfast or dinner?

I don’t have much character dining experience in WDW, but I have tried the breakfast at Chef Mickey’s (at the Contemporary Resort) on multiple occasions and loved it! I like making my dining reservation toward the later part of breakfast…around 11 AM…so that it kind of serves as brunch. The characters at Chef Mickey’s are going to be some of the basics - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc.

There is a Princess breakfast in Epcot at the Akershus restaurant in Norway…I’ve heard great things about that one, your daughter would get lots of princess interaction there. :smile:

Hope that helps a little!

Welcome Aboard! Our favorite for girls is 1900 Park Fare!

links below.

1900 Park Fare Character Dinner Menu - Grand Floridian

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gf76.jpg

The all time must do is Chef Mickey.

Chef Mickey’s Character Dinner - Contemporary

Good luck there all good!

If your girls love Princess’s then the Cinderella Round Table is a nice experience. You eat inside the Castle and the princess’s swoop by to say hello, take a picture, & chat a bit. Very Sweet & my favorite! Oh, I think you can get a photo package with this experience now.

Cinderella’s Royal Table!!! And if you book it early, you can be in the Magic Kingdom walking up a practically empty Main Street, so you get some incredible photos!

Chef Mickey’s is good if you are not going to any theme park. My favorite Character meal in a theme park is Winnie the Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. In my opinion it has the best food(buffet style). Oh,by the way WELCOME to MouseBuzz!!!

Amanda… I forgot to mention that we really like Breakfastosaurus in Animal Kingdom, also. All the classic characters are there, and the buffet is really delicious. They have Krispy Kreme donuts and the kids love the breakfast pizza.

Thank you all for replying, this is a trip we have been thinking about doing for a while, but always seem to change our minds. This time I went ahead and just booked it.
It now seems very exciting.

:laugh: That is our favorite, too. And we always book early to get the empty street photos!!!

Welcome to MB!!:happy:

For princesses, Cinderella’s Royal Table is hard to beat.

As for other characters, our favorites are Crystal Palace and The Garden Grill.

Okay, since it is your first visit to WDW then I too would say Cinderella’s Royal Table. Everyone just at least go once. We much prefer the breakfast over the lunch. We also LOVE 1900 Park Fare and Storybook Princess breakfast. For non-princess meals, Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern top our list. You can check out all menus for all WDW restaurants on allearsnet.com.

Welcome to Mouse Buzz. I am your parade guide to day and will be glad to answer all of your questions.

Ok not really - I’m just excited 'cause I booked our rooms today.

We love the breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It is fwith Pooh and Tigger and all the gang. These were favorites of my sigh children (now adults) and we eat there every trip. The food is very good.

The best character interaction we have experienced is the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at 'ohana’s. They really ham it up with your group.

Cindy’s table was cool to do, but we wouldn’t do it again.

Of course the pic I have of one of my sons with Jasmine is great. He was maybe 11 and … um … about chest level with her, and she had his full attention.

Hello Amanda and welcome to MB- Cinderellas Royal Table is super for children especially little girls- our DD just loved the whole experience and she was quite a grown up girl by then.
Chef Mickeys is another of our favourites for breakfast and also 1900 Park Fayre at the Grand Floridian resort.
Dinner- we love Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom.

Please bear in mind that the Breakfastosaurus breakfast has been discontinued and is now Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House, which itself is no longer a counter service location but instead an all day buffet style sit down.
I expect the menu hasn’t really been changed. Restaurantosaurus is now just an overachieving McDonald’s now.

Well, it sound like they beat me; my favorite 1 chef mickeys 2 Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom 3 @ the poly second floor, breakfast! (cant remember the name:ohmy: ) However, they all book up VERY QUICKLY, if you are staying at a resort, see what they have!

WElcome to mousebuzz!!!

My favorite charcater meals are:

Crystal palace at the magic kingdom with winnie the pooh and friends

1900 park fare at the grand floridian resort for dinner with cinderella and character from the story.

O’hanna’s for breakfast with mickey, pluto, lilo and stitch

chef mickeys (not my fav,but my DD’s) with mickey, minnie, donald and goofy.

cinderella’s royal table for breakfast at the magic kingdom with all the princesses…random ones, but usually cinderella, snow white, sleeping beauty, mary poppins and sometimes jasmin and even peter pan…don’t know how he’s a princess…lol The fairy godmother is in the waiting area too…

I like Chef Mickey’s for the All-American kinds of characters (Mickey, Minnie…etc.) and either 1900 Park Fare or Cinderella’s Royal Table for Princesses. Crystal Palace for Pooh and Friends and Ohana just because I heard the food is awesome.

Wow! Well, I will have to go try it before I can decide if I like this new development. I hope it is just as terrific as the old one was!