Character Meal every day

First of all, are all the character meals covered in the Disney Dining Plan?

Is it crazy to do a character meal every day that we are at WDW?

Yes, the character meals are covered on the DDP (CRT is two credits, though). If your family really enjoys them then I say, no, it’s not crazy to do one everyday.

Yes, Character Meals are included in the Dining Plan.

Is it crazy to do a character meal every day of your trip? NO! If that’s what you want to do, go for it. Personally, I wouldn’t do a character meal every day…DH would KILL me!!! And I think you get a much better value with the meal plan using it for regular Table Service dinners.

No it is not crazy. I, personally, would do at least 1-2 non character meals. I say do them if you want to! It will save you a ton time by not having to wait in lines to see the characters!

Yes, all character meals are on the DDP. As for doing a character meal a day, I think that’s a personal choice as in can you survive that many character meals. We’ll be there in Dec. and we’re doing 4 character meals in 6 days. We’re doing Liberty Tree (dinner - Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale) and Crystal Palace (breakfast - Winnie the Pooh and Friends) (both are “must dos”) for us, 1900 Park Fare (dinner - Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepmother and Step Sisters) (1st time) and The Garden Grill (dinner - Mickey, Pluto, Chip, Dale). We tried to pick them so that we had a variety of different characters. We’re also taking 2 newbies with us who really want to meet characters. It’s a good way to see a variety of characters without having to search them out. Other character meals are Norway (Princesses), Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary, O’hana’s at the Poly (Lilo and Stitch), Donalds breakfast at Tusker House (Animal Kingdom), Cape May at Beach Club. So if you can deal with that many characters, then go for it, if not, just pick a variety and leave some for another trip. There are a lot of other great places to eat on the dining plan.

NOT crazy! What happens in Disney, Stays in Disney!:wink:

1. Like said above yes.

2. It depends…do you have kids? If you have kids then no. There are a wide variety of characters at the meals (Exp: Mickey and friends, Stitch, the "top tier princesses–Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Snow White the second tier princesses–Mulan, Mary Poppins, Jasmine etc., I think the Playhouse Disney kids, Pooh and Friends) So you can basically have a different experience everyday.

Would I do it? No, to be honest. I don’t have kids though so that may be the huge difference. However, dining at character buffets all the time does not utilize the dining plan to the best of it’s ability either. Basically you pre-pay for a certain dollar amount of meals and you would probably be very lucky if you broke even using all character meals. If this really isn’t a big deal to you then don’t let it effect your decision. I like to know that I am making a profit :laugh:
Also, character meals can get a little monotonous as well. They are lots of fun and high energy but not always the nice relaxing meal that I love to eat after a long day in the parks. I would make at least one ADR for a nice sit down place like Le Cellier or somewhere in Epcot. A lot of those places are kid friendly even though they don’t seem like it. Or you could book a fun themed restaurant like Rainforest Cafe, 50’s PrimeTime or Sci Fi Dine In, just for something a little more relaxing but fun at the same time.

Not crazy.

We’re doing these in the 7 days we’ll be there:
Chef Mickeys breakfast
Donalds Safari breakfast
Cape May breakfast (pooh?)
Cinderella’s Royal Table (breakfast in castle)
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Breakfast at Ohana’s (Lilo & Stitch)

Yes! And let it rip.

Thanks for all the great advice. There are kids, not extremely young kids. My DD(11) and niece(16) love character meals. They have done several especially my DD. We are also going with a family with boys who have never been to WDW. The mom definitely wants to see characters and I thought character meals would be great because it kills 2 birds with one stone. I know some of the characters will be repeats, but I know they are dressed differently at some of the meals.

heehee :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely not, if that’s what you want to do, do it. I would if my family would let me :blush:

I don’t think it’s crazy to do a character meal every day, but don’t overlook other great dining options that don’t include characters. O’hanna at the polynesian has a fantastic family dinner that is a great time. Whispering Canyon at the wilderness lodge is also a great family meal. Both are very entertaining and while they don’t include characters at the meal, they are fun for all ages. Whispering canyon is a blast…they have pony races around the room and all kinds fo craziness. O’hanna has coconut races, hula contests and limbo…tons of fun!!

I dont think its crazy either it will be enormous fun and as you said the characters dress differently at some locations-go ahead and do it :slight_smile:

My family doesn’t have a choice. Actually, my husband does enjoy character meals as much as I do. We did the Akershus breakfast one year and he thought Jasmine was hot.

The other family that is going won’t care either. None of them have ever been. The mom definitely wants to do character meals.

I don’t know why I’m even concerned about it right now. My 180 day mark is not even until April 14th. I just get so excited when planning a Disney trip.

None of us can blame you for that!! :happy:

I think you should let your family read about some of the meals you’re considering, and they can help you decide. If they’re interested in doing character meals every day, then by all means do it! There is nothing wrong with that!

I don’t htink it’s crazy to do a character meal every day if that’s what your family whats to do. However, there are so many unique restaurants that I wouldn’t limit our choices to just character meals. Sci Fi is fun, Whispering Canyon Cafe is fun, 'Ohana is good and different from restaurants we go to at home, 50’s Prime Time Cafe is fun. We also like Hoop Dee Doo for something fun and different.

Absolutely not crazy. If I were on the DDP I would do the same. Go for it!!

I think it’s a great idea for first timers . . . and a GREAT way to get pics and autographs with the characters . . . I have a friend I go with to Disney, and if her kids haven’t seen a character they want too see . . . she’s right on the phone booking a meal (now that’s a little crazy! :laugh: :laugh: )

It’s totally up to you. I agree with what a lot of the others on here have said about other dining choices though. I wish I would have even known about character meals our first trip, I definately would have done at least one of them!

I don’t know anything about the Dining plan but if it takes 2 table credits for a character meal, wouldn’t it be costing you something out of pocket in addtion, to do one each day? I think that would add up if so; may not be worth the extra money you might have to spend. Just my opinion and again, I don’t know anything about dining plan.

character meal every day is no problem infarct it’s a very good choice.
you get to see your characters up close no ques.
have lots of photos with them. (passably photo pass photographer at Crystal palace).
the buffet choices give the children lots of choice.
one trip in 2006 we had no children with us but went to Cristal palace three times in 14 days because we enjoyed it so much.

royal table was enjoyable if you can give up two meal plan services.

you can download all the dinning plan info from =

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

this is cut from disney world site=
Disney Dining Plan for added convenience and savings With the Disney Dining Plan you can choose snacks and meals at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort including some that feature Disney Character Dining! Best of all, you can relax knowing many of your meals are paid for in advance.

For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:

1 Table-service Meal
1 adult table-service meal includes 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.
1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children’s Menu where available.

1 Quick-service Meal
1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children’s Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.

1 Snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

enjoy you dinning plan