Character Meals?

We are planning a trip to DL in November to celebrate our son’s 4th birthday. DH & I have been years ago, but before children. I want to take him to a character meal for his birthday but was wondering what the best option is there. We have been to multiple character meals at WDW (Chef Mickey’s being our favorite) but I am clueless for DL! We are staying at the Villas @ Grand Californian and I know there is a meal there but wanted to see how it compared to Goofy’s Kitchen or the other options.
Any advice is appreciated!

There is the Plaza Inn just to the right as you enter Tommorowland that has breakfast with characters.

[QUOTE=mom2boys2;988994] We are staying at the Villas @ Grand Californian and I know there is a meal there but wanted to see how it compared to Goofy’s Kitchen or the other options.
Any advice is appreciated![/QUOTE]

I thought the Storyteller’s Cafe at the Grand Californian has a character go through every now and then, but I have never seen one.

Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel does have the character interaction. Disneyland isn’t as interactive mealwise like WDW.

But you should have a good time at the Grand Californian!!

Dont forget “Ariel’s Grotto” Character Dining in DCA, Ive eaten there before, pretty good and fun Character/Princess Dining atmosphere!