Cheater Question- No Expire Ticket

We bought 3 days worth of non expiring tickets 4 years ago and still have one day left on two of them. My in laws are coming for one day on our trip. I know the tickets are/were linked to our fingerprints. What is the chance of my in laws using them for that one day?

I personally dont know to be honest.
I purchased 5 tickets from the Disney Store for my Christmas trp last year.They all had minnie on them (i think)
i didnt write our names on them so whos to say I wasnt using my DD and she wasnt using my moms.

I have an aunt and an uncle who are Disney nuts like the rest of us, and they bought tickets recently with no expiration thinking that their college-age son would be able to use his dad’s ticket over spring break. No such luck. He was not allowed to enter with that ticket because it was already tied to his dad’s fingerprint. They were pretty miffed because they had always reused tickets with extra days in the past.

Nope, not a chance. They are linked to your finger scan. If they tried to use them to get in the gates it would say “invalid” and then the CM would ask to see their IDs to match them up. Several people have tried this in the past with no luck.

Your best bet is to buy one day less than you need and use the old tickets for yourselves.

Are you really asking about the probability of getting caught while cheating???

Just use them yourselves – You know they are linked to your fingerprints because they are supposed to be used by you.

If you bought those tickets 4 years ago, there is no chance in the world that there is any sort of fingerprint identification attached to them!
Fingerprinting has only been in effect since sometime in 2007.
Also, they are not APs, so even if they do have a fingerprint attached, it really won’t matter. There is no identification on those tickets as to who they belong to. Also, there are so many times that guests have to have their fingerprints rescanned, even with APs, that it won’t make any difference.
Standard operating procedure is to keep the line moving. SOP is also, if the fingerprint doesn’t match, rescan and admit.

I say use them.

Awesome advice on both ends. I am thinking that I will leave it up to them to try them… The funny thing is they don’t even have our name on them… they have my wife’s grandparents name on them who bought them for us as they live in Lakeland and got us the Florida resident discount… So, it is a crapshoot either way! I will leave it up to my in-laws fate… We have our resort passes, Yippee!!! By the way, 7DAYS!!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966537]If you bought those tickets 4 years ago, there is no chance in the world that there is any sort of fingerprint identification attached to them!
Fingerprinting has only been in effect since sometime in 2007.
Also, they are not APs, so even if they do have a fingerprint attached, it really won’t matter. There is no identification on those tickets as to who they belong to. Also, there are so many times that guests have to have their fingerprints rescanned, even with APs, that it won’t make any difference.
Standard operating procedure is to keep the line moving. SOP is also, if the fingerprint doesn’t match, rescan and admit.

I say use them.[/QUOTE]

See I agree with you. This is because I bought tickets from the Disney Store for my Dec trip and never knew whos was whos. They were all the same. Who was to say that I wasnt using my moms and she wasnt using my nephews.

Tell me about it.
But the funniest thing is I still haven’t made dinner plans for the 16th, breakfast plans for the 17th, or even decided if we’ll grab a room at a value on the 13th, which of course hinges on the shuttle being cleared to launch later this week.
Any hold or postponement between now and Friday, and we won’t arrive until Sunday.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966555]Tell me about it.
But the funniest thing is I still haven’t made dinner plans for the 16th, breakfast plans for the 17th, or even decided if we’ll grab a room at a value on the 13th, which of course hinges on the shuttle being cleared to launch later this week.
Any hold or postponement between now and Friday, and we won’t arrive until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

No ADRs??? Whats up with that?

I haven’t decided. I still have time and options.

Time?!?!?! I think your countdown says 5 days:laugh:

Tink, I’ve got ADRs set for June 14, 15, and breakfast on the 16th. It’s dinner on the 16th and breakfast on the 17th that aren’t set. I originally only placed a 3 day hotel reservation as a place holder, but with my AP discount, the three days are only a little more than two days at rack rate, so I kept it. The countdown is in reality Endevour’s countdown and my actual arrival at WDW is very much fluid and can be any time between 9 AM Saturday and noon on Sunday depending if it even launches if it isn’t scrubbed on Friday and what we do in Cocoa Beach before pushing on to WDW if it does launch.
Like I said, I’ve got options, lots of options for dinner Tuesday and breakfast Wednesday.
I’ve already been locked out of Le Cellier 3 months ago and I’ve already got California Grill on my birthday and Tokyo Dining the next night and breakfast at1900 Park Fare andChef Mickey’s. Worst case scenario is we eat dinner at a CS on the 16th and slot in a late breakfast at Kona Cafe or Crystal Palace on the 17th. If I was that concerned, I would have had a plan months ago. I’m safe winging it in the middle of the week in the middle of June.

Yours is a different situation.

When tickets that were purchased together are used together the first time, all of the Ticket Tag finger scans are grouped together. It’s part of the “keep it moving” philosophy. They imagined a problem when one party mixed up each others tickets and would cause a big delay at the turnstiles, so anyone in that party can use anyone’s ticket from that party.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;966667]Yours is a different situation.

When tickets that were purchased together are used together the first time, all of the Ticket Tag finger scans are grouped together. It’s part of the “keep it moving” philosophy. They imagined a problem when one party mixed up each others tickets and would cause a big delay at the turnstiles, so anyone in that party can use anyone’s ticket from that party.[/QUOTE]

I still say that tickets purchased 4 years ago don’t have Ticket Tags associated with them because the don’t.
Ticket Tag wasn’t introduced until sometime in 2007.
Also, it appears that these tickets were purchased together.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966674]I still say that tickets purchased 4 years ago don’t have Ticket Tags associated with them because the don’t.
Ticket Tag wasn’t introduced until sometime in 2007.
Also, it appears that these tickets were purchased together.[/QUOTE]
I’m not disagreeing with you. But you’re missing MY point.

MY point was specifically addressing TinkerBelle24’s situation … I said that right in my post!!! She bought her tickets in December 2008.

And I am addressing the issue that was presented in the first post:

“I know the tickets are/were linked to our fingerprints.”

The original poster stated this, and the thread title is “Cheater Question” – makes my reply easy. If those tickets are, in fact, linked to someone’s fingerprints… the reason is because they are intended to be used by the owner and the owner alone.

Well, I don’t know for sure that they are LINKED to our fingerprints, I just know we scanned our fingers then to get in. They were bought together, that is true. I just don’t know if they have our fingerprints on record with those tickets.

And, I have seen the “keep the line moving” mentality. Last year somehow my wife’s fingerprints quit working with her ticket and they tried twice to get it to work, then just relinked them to the ticket and let her through. No ID check or anything.

I am just going to leave it up to my in-laws. They are cheap cheap cheap, so it would be worth it to them to have to deal with the hassle. If it works, I will let you guys know. it will be a week from this Friday.

If you used the one-finger-on-a-light-pad method when you first used the ticket, then in fact your information IS linked to your tickets.

They don’t keep your fingerprint. Rather, the scan looks at several parts of the fingerprint, takes some measurements, and runs those numerical measurements through a mathematic algorithm that produces a unique number. They store that number, they don’t store an image of your fingerprint. That number can’t be used to identify you in any other venue … they run the measurements through a proprietary algorithm, so even if that data is somehow compromised, it’s not like anyone can steal an image of your fingerprint, or even backwards engineer to construct an image of your fingerprint.

The number that’s developed isn’t as unique as your fingerprint. About 1 in 1,000 people will have the same number. That’s good enough for Disney’s purposes … there is only a 1 in 1,000 chance that another individual will have the same fingerprint measurements as the buyer of the ticket.

But Disney absolutely does store that info. The finger scan is not just for show … it really works.

But of course, when it gets very very busy they have the discretion to turn off te finger scan mechanism just to keep the line moving. This isn’t done at all times, just at certain times. In other words, it’s not done on any pattern, so that people intentionally trying to cheat the system won’t be able to time their entrance for such a time when they won’t be subjected to the finger scan.

But if you did that one-finger-on-the-lightpad method, they most certainly DO have your unique identifying information linked to your ticket, whether you know it or not.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;966713]

I am just going to leave it up to my in-laws. They are cheap cheap cheap, so it would be worth it to them to have to deal with the hassle. If it works, I will let you guys know. it will be a week from this Friday.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is cheap cheap cheap and would love to get a break on WDW ticket prices, but that’s not how it works!

Why don’t you just use your old tickets and buy the extra days you need for your trip? And let your inlaws buy tickets for themselves, same as everyone else who goes to WDW???

I don’t really see a need to give us an update on whether the cheating worked. If you plan on cheating, please keep it to yourselves.