Check in

Our plane gets in at 10am and check in isn’t until 4pm.

1. When does our luggage get in? (i heard 3 hours later)

2. Can we go to a park before we check in or get our luggage? if so what do we do with our carry on? we will have laptops, ipods and handheld games where do they put them if we go to a park?

3. What do you bring on your carry on that I might need if we will not get into our room until 4pm?

4. Do they every let you check in early? What has been your experience if you have arrived before check in time? Is it possible for them to text or call a cell phone when the room is ready or is that not something they do?

You can check in as soon as you get there, you just may not have a room until 4 pm. Bell services will store your luggage, including your laptop and games. We just put our laptop in a suitcase and assume it will be there when we get back to the resort. Same with my DS’s DS. The Ipods go in the backpack and go to the parks with us on that first day.

We have had some luck with our room being ready when we check in early but other times we have waited until close to 4 pm before our room is ready. Last summer I checked in at BCV just after 9 am and our room was ready. We plan on not having a room until after 4 so we aren’t disappointed. They will text you when your room is ready.

We pack a change of clothes, something to sleep in, any personal items we have to have, and swim wear in our carry on.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1073419]You can check in as soon as you get there, you just may not have a room until 4 pm. Bell services will store your luggage, including your laptop and games. We just put our laptop in a suitcase and assume it will be there when we get back to the resort. Same with my DS’s DS. The Ipods go in the backpack and go to the parks with us on that first day.

We have had some luck with our room being ready when we check in early but other times we have waited until close to 4 pm before our room is ready. Last summer I checked in at BCV just after 9 am and our room was ready. We plan on not having a room until after 4 so we aren’t disappointed. They will text you when your room is ready.

We pack a change of clothes, something to sleep in, any personal items we have to have, and swim wear in our carry on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will hope for the good luck of checking in at 11am when we get there. I am a little nervous about leaving the laptop but I will.

I love that they will text when the room is ready!! That will make me feel better

I will have to get a small carry on for change of clothes and pajamas too! Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1073421]Thanks I will hope for the good luck of checking in at 11am when we get there. I am a little nervous about leaving the laptop but I will.

I love that they will text when the room is ready!! That will make me feel better

I will have to get a small carry on for change of clothes and pajamas too! Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

We’ve never had an issue with our mini laptop but I’m sure it’s possible that it could walk away.

We never travel w/o taking 24 hours worth of clothes in a carry on. I just worry too much that a bag will get lost and someone will not have clothes. I also mix up all our clothes and put about 1/3 or so of all three of our clothes in each suitcase on the way down that way no one is totally w/o clothes if one bag gets lost. On the way home it all just gets tossed in where it fits.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1073417]Our plane gets in at 10am and check in isn’t until 4pm.

1. When does our luggage get in? (i heard 3 hours later)[/quote]
    Yes, it’s about 3 hours later. They will hold the luggage until your room is ready, so no worries.
  1. Can we go to a park before we check in or get our luggage? if so what do we do with our carry on? we will have laptops, ipods and handheld games where do they put them if we go to a park?

You can check in before 4pm, but your room may not be ready. I advise checking in when you arrive and if you room isn’t ready, hit a park and come back and get your room assignment later on.

1. What do you bring on your carry on that I might need if we will not get into our room until 4pm?

change of clothes and maybe a swim suit.

1. Do they every let you check in early? What has been your experience if you have arrived before check in time? Is it possible for them to text or call a cell phone when the room is ready or is that not something they do?

you can check in upon arrival as said above. Whether or not your room is ready is another story. It’s a good chance it will be, but there’s always that chance that it won’t be. Definately check in when you get there, so when you get back from the parks, you only need to go to the room. They text you the room number when it’s ready. You will have your room key already from checking in, so there will be no need to go back and wait in line.

[QUOTE=Dana;1073425]

you can check in upon arrival as said above. Whether or not your room is ready is another story. It’s a good chance it will be, but there’s always that chance that it won’t be. Definately check in when you get there, so when you get back from the parks, you only need to go to the room. They text you the room number when it’s ready. You will have your room key already from checking in, so there will be no need to go back and wait in line.[/QUOTE]

I love this plan! check in, leave our things, go to the park, wait for the text, go right to our room and our things will be waiting for us. I am ready to leave now. I only have to wait 161 days :frowning: I hate wishing days away but I can’t wait.

We have done it a couple of times, it is great! Only once did they not bring our luggage to the room and not have it waiting on us. We had to call when we got back at 11pm but that was nothing, they had it right away. Disney is awesome with early check in.