Check out this Disney fan's Castle Tattoo!

She posted it on the DISboards, and I had to share with you guys -

I’m personally not a fan of tattoos, but that’s great artwork!

Wow. do you have any details like how long that took? How many sessions?

Why yes!

36 hours and 4 sessions. She started in November 2011 and finished in July 2012. She had it done at Tantrix Body Art in Saskatoon, SK, and the artist was Tyler Alderson.

The tattoo itself, as tattoo’s go, is impressive, the artwork, the length of time, the pain factor etc. But aesthetically, I think it’s absolutely horrible.

I am not a tattoo fan…but that’s a personal choice…this is definitely art and very intricate…think how often people will see this? All this work and money and how often will people see it…

I saw a lady at BB with a really big and colorful Snow White on her arm. I’m not against tat’s, have a small one myself but the addiction to ink seen here isn’t for me. Great artwork though. After seeing the castle I went looking for Snow, found a similar one but needless to say, WOW!

This a another one found

That is an impressive tattoo! I don’t have any, nor do I want one. I love to look at them as I consider them art. My daughter has two of them, but I just can’t commit to anything that cannot be removed…:blush:

Yeah, one of the first things that popped into my head was, “When is anyone going to see that, except when you’re wearing a bikini?” But a lot of people have tattoos that other people don’t see. I think it’s something that’s important to them. I don’t understand it, but I can appreciate it.

I’m a very simple girl. I don’t even have my ears pierced. I have a fear of needles and don’t like making permanent/semi-permanent marks on my body. I’m too much of a perfectionist. I actually went to get my ears pierced when I was 10 years old, but realized that my ear lobes were slightly uneven, and the lady drew one of the dots larger than the other. I didn’t like how it looked. “Oh, don’t worry - I’ll pierce it right through the middle.” Back off, chick - you’re not touching my ears! :laugh:

Wow, impressive!

I have one from my military days, but it is now old, faded, and more of a permanent reminder of that part of my life then art.

I know they have come a long way with ink in the last 40 years, but I still have to wonder what some of these are going to look like when the folks hit middle age.

-Harry

Yeah, real impressive.
But how will they look in 20 years when they’re stretched and faded?
Why are women doing this to their bodies and how much are they spending?
It isn’t attractive or sexy.

So true. the work is stunning but ugggg… I have no words for this insanity

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1122303]Wow, impressive!

I have one from my military days, but it is now old, faded, and more of a permanent reminder of that part of my life then art.

I know they have come a long way with ink in the last 40 years, but I still have to wonder what some of these are going to look like when the folks hit middle age.

-Harry[/QUOTE]

You mean when that cute butterfly looks more and more like Rodan! :laugh:

Biggest problem is that my arms are not anywhere near as big as they were back then. My grand old galleon is now more of a dingy…:ohmy:

However I have been going to the gym every day for about a month now and the sails seem to be getting a little wind back in them!

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1122303]Wow, impressive!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

I would like to see them after child birth or weight gain or loss - no thanks!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1122305]Yeah, real impressive.
But how will they look in 20 years when they’re stretched and faded?
Why are women doing this to their bodies and how much are they spending?
It isn’t attractive or sexy.[/QUOTE]

I don’t care for it on men either. I don’t mind a few pieces of art, but when I struggle to see any plain skin in between tats, it’s just not attractive to me. I personally don’t care what anyone does to their body - none of my business, but I personally am not attracted to it.

Ouch. All I can say is OUCH.

I like it.

Maybe I can get one from Snow White and the Hunstman … they can use the hair on my back as the dark forrest.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1122347]I like it.

Maybe I can get one from Snow White and the Hunstman … they can use the hair on my back as the dark forrest.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that visual:blow:

i am a huge fan of tats and have 11 myself. with that being said, i think it looks cheesey. the snow white ones that were posted are super cool. when i see tattoos, i think rock n roll. those looks cool and artsy, the castle one seems kinda wannabeish. not sure if that makes sense lol!

It would make a great picture to hang, but I do not like tattoos at all - both my kids have them, and they know I don’t like them. I don’t criticize anyone for having them, it’s their choice, as well as my opinion is my choice.