Check your hotel account daily!

We’ve been back for about a week, after a wonderful Christmas week at WDW!! It really was a great trip. A TR is just not going to happen this month, but I do want to post an important tip:

Check your hotel account daily! We stayed at BCV, and the cast members at the front desk were incredibly helpful with two charges incorrectly charged to our account.

One of the charges was $10 for valet parking. I didn’t valet my car (and as a DVC member, it would be free anyway). The other charge was from a waitress at the Captain’s Galley (at Yacht Club) who charged a different amount than the amount on my receipt (that I signed and had a copy of). It was Christmas, so I didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

What did the CM and manager do? They fixed my account and then credited my account with $50 for my “inconvenience”!! How’s that for customer service? I love my Beach Club DVC :heart:

[QUOTE=leslieh;918717]We’ve been back for about a week, after a wonderful Christmas week at WDW!! It really was a great trip. A TR is just not going to happen this month, but I do want to post an important tip:

Check your hotel account daily! We stayed at BCV, and the cast members at the front desk were incredibly helpful with two charges incorrectly charged to our account.

One of the charges was $10 for valet parking. I didn’t valet my car (and as a DVC member, it would be free anyway). The other charge was from a waitress at the Captain’s Galley (at Yacht Club) who charged a different amount than the amount on my receipt (that I signed and had a copy of). It was Christmas, so I didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

What did the CM and manager do? They fixed my account and then credited my account with $50 for my “inconvenience”!! How’s that for customer service? I love my Beach Club DVC :heart:[/QUOTE]

Thats great. Exactly the kind of customer service you would expect from Disney!

The funny thing is that I wasn’t really feeling inconvenienced at all- they fixed it rather quickly and were so pleasant. It also gave me some more time to enjoy the BC lobby :laugh:

I forgot to mention that I discontinued charging privileges the day before we left so I wouldn’t have any other surprises.

[QUOTE=leslieh;918729]The funny thing is that I wasn’t really feeling inconvenienced at all- they fixed it rather quickly and were so pleasant. It also gave me some more time to enjoy the BC lobby :laugh:

I forgot to mention that I discontinued charging privileges the day before we left so I wouldn’t have any other surprises.[/QUOTE]

That is a very good tip!

I will definitely remember to do that. Thanks Leslieh

Great tip. My wife gets on me all the time because a lot of times I just sign without really reviewing the bill.

I agree with your advice. We had a similar issue last summer at BVC. We had a charge for the kid’s club that we didn’t make. It wasn’t much but it also wasn’t ours. The CM looked at our ADRs and saw we didn’t have an ADR for the Sandcastle Club that night so he took the charges off.

great news that the issue was resolved in your favour Leslieh! I am of the opinion that as long as you go to the conceirge ad speak person to person in a decent manner and ask for their help then they will 99% of the time aid you and help you as best they can and usually get you a result. If you leave it and do nothung about it or if you are unfortunate to not see the problem until you have left for home then thats when the problems are harder to deal with.

Im glad you are sorted now and that you had a great time other than this.

Great advice. Thanks. I love Beach Club! I love Art!

I love hearing a good ending to a problem. :happy:

Do they have online billing at the resorts on property? I know at some hotels you can pull up your hotel bill on your room tv.

We usually stay until late afternoon on our checkout days.
To avoid any new charges, once the folio copy is slipped under the door in the middle of the night, all new charges are paid out of pocket, either cash, debit card or credit card. Nothing else gets charged back to the room after 5 AM.

[QUOTE=ddoll;918827]
Do they have online billing at the resorts on property? I know at some hotels you can pull up your hotel bill on your room tv.[/QUOTE]

Not yet at any of the Disney resorts.

This is a terrific tip. I can see how things can get mixed up on occassion.
Glad to hear that Disney did what it should have done - fix things immediately and ‘over-deliver’ on addressing the situation.
Thanks!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;918830]We usually stay until late afternoon on our checkout days.
To avoid any new charges, once the folio copy is slipped under the door in the middle of the night, all new charges are paid out of pocket, either cash, debit card or credit card. Nothing else gets charged back to the room after 5 AM.[/QUOTE]

Yes we do that after we had rogue charges at CBR. We had actually left the USA when the charges went on to our room. The charges were fairly small and the cost of calling Disney from the UK would have been more than the charge so we let it go. But from then on I always check my account and as Doug says make sure there are no charges made to our room after a certain time.

We’ve had problems at CBR in the past also.

First time, we had two ressies for 11 day trip. We had to check out on the 10th day and check back in for the last day. Well the credit card would not go through for the final day and when I called my credit card company, they said they put a hold on the card because someone tried changing the address to GA and we lived in PA. We think someone thought they could change the address in the resort thinking we were checked out completely and would notice until we received our statement a few weeks later.

The second time, we think it happened at either the Swan Hotel after eating a meal there or again CBR after check out. At the Swam it was the only time I physically used my credit card and it went out of site to be charged. Well I was checking my statement and noticed my Disney Points jump up all of a sudden. My card number was used in Australia.

I’ve never had a problem with my credit cards before. We think someone is stealing credit card numbers at some of the locations. I see it quite often at work so I make sure to check everything when ever we use our cards.

It use to drive me crazy that my dh would go down and check the account - what? - he didn’t trust the Mouse? But after finding several errors, it’s something we do regularly.

Yes I thought the same, it just wouldn’t happen at Disney but it happens everywhere sadly-I am sure ours were just errors however because of our location we had to let it go, but it still rankles with me that money was taken for things we didn’t have (Liquor actually!!)