Check your reservations and don't give up!

Okay, so a bit of venting here…
We have an upcoming trip that I wanted to make the final payment on over the week-end.:happy:
So, I call down and as the CM is going over my reservation, I notice she says that we are booked in a standard room at POFQ. I ask her to verify as I booked a water view room and I have a copy of the confirmation printed in front of me that clearly says “Room Type: Water View”.:huh:
So, to make a long story short, after an hour of international phone charges and two CM’s later…here lies the problem…
When I booked the reservation, we booked the QS dining plan. After some discussion a few weeks later we decided to upgrade to the DDP. Apparently, when I called down to upgrade the dining plan, they somehow altered my reservation to a standard room and not a water-view room. :pinch:
By the end of all this, our reservation was corrected, paid and I was frazzled.:blink:
What made me the most upset through all this was how the first CM handled it all. She told me that I probably didn’t pick the water view when I booked online. I told her no, my confirmation printed here in front of me indicates I booked a water-view room. Then she tells me, well that’s what happens when you book online and don’t book with an agent who can confirm everything.:angry:What?! It turns out an agent was the one who messed it all up! Then she says well, I’m sorry but there are no water view rooms available during your time at that resort! Okay, now I’m fuming. So then she says well, try to call back in the morning, sometimes people cancel in the morning. I could clearly see she was no help so just decided to get off the phone. I waited to eagerly do my survey after that experience and she wouldn’t hang up the phone to initiate the survey…very sly.:mad:
So as I’m calling back again and going through the automated answer again, I go online and punch in our dates of arrival/departure and what do I see…water view rooms available for booking!
The next CM I got was very helpful, it took a while but he got everything straightened out no problem.
Moral of the story…check and re-check your reservations and if you have someone who can’t/won’t help you…find someone who can!!

Okay, now that’s off my chest, thanks for listening!:happy:

Let the countdown continue!!

How Frustrating!!

I’ve had similar experiences where a CM is not helpful and always call back the next day to double check everything. I’m so nervous that things aren’t going to be the way we planned them to be that I double and triple check things every few months. I’m sure they think I’m nuts!

Here’s a question… How did you get the printout of all your plans. I would love a printout of our reservations for both the resort and the dining, but they told me I can’t get that. Is there a way to get reservations in writing with amounts, times of dining reservations etc?

[QUOTE=jen9804;1014956]How Frustrating!!

I’ve had similar experiences where a CM is not helpful and always call back the next day to double check everything. I’m so nervous that things aren’t going to be the way we planned them to be that I double and triple check things every few months. I’m sure they think I’m nuts!

Here’s a question… How did you get the printout of all your plans. I would love a printout of our reservations for both the resort and the dining, but they told me I can’t get that. Is there a way to get reservations in writing with amounts, times of dining reservations etc?[/QUOTE]

My original confirmation was what I printed after I booked online.
After I spoke with each CM this week-end, they emailed me a detailed reservation to print out including our resort confirmation, dining plan, typical coupons etc.
I didn’t get a confirmation of our dining reservations, but I know they can print that at Guest Services at your resort.

I remember back a few years ago we booked a water view room at POR. Ended up our water view room was a pool…that was drained, no water. Of course I complained. As there were no other rooms, we had to stay put. Once we got home I wrote a letter to the resort and received a phone call apologizing and was told they would refund our money. Got a check for over the amount of the room so all turned out well. :happy:

I, too, would be upset. Is it really that hard to just do your job? Apparently, for some people, it is.

My fil just booked us a few weeks ago for POFQ in June. I got like 4 e-mail confirmations sent to my main e-mail acct. It listed everything we wanted etc. In fact I got a packet the other day from WDW with a personalized brochure welcoming us back to POFQ and explains our pkg.

He booked over the phone w/ a CM. He refuses to do online booking just for this reason, then there is no choice but for it to be their fault. (It’s not like they’ll actually let you fax the proof. He’s tried that. :glare:) He does this with everything. Airlines, hotels, etc. He’s had 1 too many other customer service reps try to blame HIM when his print out would say something else entirely. (Not Disney, but other places/events.)

I’ll call them up myself personally in April/May to confirm everything and nag them to death I’m sure. I HAVE to make sure it’s right, our rooms are adjoining and they tried to split us all up a few years back.

Congrats on fixing everything.

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1015093]He booked over the phone w/ a CM. He refuses to do online booking just for this reason, then there is no choice but for it to be their fault. (It’s not like they’ll actually let you fax the proof. He’s tried that. :glare:) He does this with everything. Airlines, hotels, etc. He’s had 1 too many other customer service reps try to blame HIM when his print out would say something else entirely. (Not Disney, but other places/events.)

I’ll call them up myself personally in April/May to confirm everything and nag them to death I’m sure. I HAVE to make sure it’s right, our rooms are adjoining and they tried to split us all up a few years back.

Congrats on fixing everything.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’m relieved that it is all taken care of.

Good luck on the adjoining rooms. We book connecting rooms every year as we travel with my parents and every year upon check in they tell us that connecting rooms are not available and we always have to switch rooms a day or two into our trip. Every year our check-in takes an hour and we always leave frustrated. I’ve just now given up and come to accept it. I can’t believe how difficult it is dealing with Disney resort requests, even for vetran Disney travellers. I can truely see how overwhemling it is for new Disney guests.

I always try to book online rather than with an agent. Then I have proof in hand when something isn’t right. Just like this time, the first CM didn’t believe me that I booked and paid for a premium room, but at least I had the printed confirmation. It was the fault of the agent doing our dining that actually messed up the reservation. I no longer accept the word of a CM, at Disney or anywhere, because when it comes down to it, it’s their word against mine. I always want to see everything in print.

Oh, and I was offered to fax down my confirmation as proof. Just an FYI since you said you had a hard time with that.

The fax issue was with another hotel for his trip to Williamsburg. (He’s a Civil War buff)

From what I was told, fil booked the package, and asked that confirmations be sent to his e-mail acct and to mine. They did it and within 2 minutes he had his copy and confirmed the ressies were correct.

My fil won’t upgrade his internet either, so I’m sure that’s one reason for his booking on the phone too. :rolleyes:.

We’ve always had adjoining rooms when requested. But yes we’ve had hour plus long check in’s. Oy. :glare:

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1015159]Thanks, I’m relieved that it is all taken care of.
I always try to book online rather than with an agent. Then I have proof in hand when something isn’t right. .[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your trouble, but glad things eventually worked out.

My DH is very insistent that we don’t book online. We get a quote and then always call. If you book online, you only get whatever they quote you. If you call, you can ask if there are any discounts attached to your name, zip code, email etc. Also, always tell the CM on the phone that you want the absolute best deal available. (We’ve had a particular CM that actually stepped us through this process, feeding us the right questions to ask to get the best deals) They will never just offer you a great deal, you always have to ask, and we drive them nuts. We have them compare annual passholder rates, AAA rates Disney Visa rates, etc. You may want to consider that the next time you book a trip. Just a little tip we’ve gotten over the years.

[QUOTE=Goofy3230;1015333]Sorry about your trouble, but glad things eventually worked out.

My DH is very insistent that we don’t book online. We get a quote and then always call. If you book online, you only get whatever they quote you. If you call, you can ask if there are any discounts attached to your name, zip code, email etc. Also, always tell the CM on the phone that you want the absolute best deal available. (We’ve had a particular CM that actually stepped us through this process, feeding us the right questions to ask to get the best deals) They will never just offer you a great deal, you always have to ask, and we drive them nuts. We have them compare annual passholder rates, AAA rates Disney Visa rates, etc. You may want to consider that the next time you book a trip. Just a little tip we’ve gotten over the years.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the extra info! Being International guests, we don’t qualify for as many discounts as American residents, so we watch for and travel during times of free dining or buy 4,get 3 free etc. which we can book online. We’ve had pin code emails that we’ve used as well, but always had problems when booking over the phone. Maybe it’s just my luck. :pinch: Plus the extra international phone charges that rack up are crazy. The Disney phone system takes so long just to get through to someone…I don’t dare calculate how much each call costs!!:ohmy:
I was thrilled this year to use the online dining system this year as well. It saved so much phone time and money and I booked every ressie I wanted without any trouble…and I have a printed confirmation!:laugh: Hope I don’t have to use it!:glare:

I forgot about booking dining ressies online. For our upcoming trip in Feb, my friend booked some and my niece booked the others. Usually I’m the trip planner, so it was nice for me to just write them on my calendar!!:laugh:

I didn’t even think about the international phone charges. You’re right, it does take a long time to get an actual person on their system. You may be better off booking online. But, if you do have to call, can’t hurt to ask what’s available to you!