Checking in question

Hi all…i was just on the disney site checking out my reservations etc, and i got a notice that said, in 9 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online…I know I did this for our last trip, but refresh my memory…what r the advantages of doing on line check in? I am just hoping they can fill my request to stay as close to the food court as possible. :blush:

There is a seperate line at the resort for online check-ins. I did it last summer for our stay at AKL. Everything was ready when we got there and the line was shorter. I would just double check your request when you get there.

If you do the online check in all your stuff will be ready for you when you arrive (the folder you get at check in and your room keys). We’ve never done it, I think the amount of time you save depends on the resort and the tine you are checking in.

I remember doing it last year, I am just blanking though because I am pretty sure I put in a request last year, we got a decent room location but I am blanking on what I did last year :blush: about the request.

The online request are check boxes, and very limited. I requested near transportation on last stay and BWV and I was close to the parking lot.

Done online and have check in when there was nobody in the regular line and the online was backed up. It seems to be hit or miss to me.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1086495]The online request are check boxes, and very limited. I requested near transportation on last stay and BWV and I was close to the parking lot.

Done online and have check in when there was nobody in the regular line and the online was backed up. It seems to be hit or miss to me.[/QUOTE]

It is hit or miss, but if that is the case, be kooky and go in the regular line to ask about your online check-in. 9 out of 10 times, shouldn’t be a problem :happy:

:wink:
thanks!
just a bit nervous, i don’t know why:blush:

I think requests are hit or miss either way. If a request is going to make or break your trip then I would just wait and check in when I arrive and can talk with a CM who may be able to make a change if possible.

well because I am a nervous nelly, at first when i booked i did not ask for a preferred room, i figured i would just put the request in and wish upon a star that the request would work, but the more i think about it the more i don’t want to chance it esp. going with 4 young kids…so i called Disney and i was lucky enough that they still have availability in the preferred room area, so i added it on just an hour ago.

That’s the way to go. A request is just that, a request–it may or may not happen for you. By booking the room you want you should get it since you paid more for that room. I think that’s the way to go if the location is going to be a factor in enjoying your vacation. I think when you count on the request it’s less likely to happen, it seems like we always get lucky when we’re least expecting it.

When we stayed at Beach Club Villas in July we had the very last room in the building, we couldn’t have been farther from the lobby but it didn’t make a difference for us so it wasn’t a big deal. However, if we had four little ones it might make a difference.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1086537]That’s the way to go. A request is just that, a request–it may or may not happen for you. By booking the room you want you should get it since you paid more for that room. I think that’s the way to go if the location is going to be a factor in enjoying your vacation. I think when you count on the request it’s less likely to happen, it seems like we always get lucky when we’re least expecting it.

When we stayed at Beach Club Villas in July we had the very last room in the building, we couldn’t have been farther from the lobby but it didn’t make a difference for us so it wasn’t a big deal. However, if we had four little ones it might make a difference.[/QUOTE]

location is pretty important because there is always one or two of the kids that want that middle of the night snack or something and DH is always trekking to the food court, or dh is always bringing back breakfast etc. for us to eat in the room and its always a PITB to have to walk so very far…
i think it will be well worth it, thank you very much! :mickey:

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1086538]location is pretty important because there is always one or two of the kids that want that middle of the night snack or something and DH is always trekking to the food court, or dh is always bringing back breakfast etc. for us to eat in the room and its always a PITB to have to walk so very far…
i think it will be well worth it, thank you very much! :mickey:[/QUOTE]

I think you made the right decision for your family and it will be worth the money you had to pay to upgrade. I’m a believer in booking the room location you want, I wouldn’t leave something like that up to chance if it’s important.

:wink: thank you!!!
:mickey:
you would think this is my first trip , :laugh: