Cheerleader anxiety

I am very afraid of the cheerleaders in December. Just sayin’

Nah! It’ll be fine. They spend most the of time at Wide World of Sports…not to worry.

We ran into them one year. They move in packs and like any wild animal are more afraid of you then you are of them. The trick is not to corner them or show fear. Also DO NOT feed them, they keep coming back if you do.

Seriously they tend to hit one of the parks en mass and we just went to another one.

-harry

…can it be any worse than the flag waving groups from other countries that pretend to not speak english and plow over top of you in the parks??

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1113517]We ran into them one year. They move in packs and like any wild animal are more afraid of you then you are of them. The trick is not to corner them or show fear. Also DO NOT feed them, they keep coming back if you do.

Seriously they tend to hit one of the parks en mass and we just went to another one.

-harry[/QUOTE]

I am not use to any crowds ever. I will go with that. Thank goodness for park hopper tickets. They are life savers

:pinch::pinch::pinch:

I think there is a lot more to this than most people realize. I honestly think that people who come from densely populated areas do handle the crowds of WDW a lot better. Our city is medium size - 650,000 pop. - but we also live in a huge country - everyone has lots of room to spread out. I’m not use to having people bump into me. I’m used to not having my space invaded. Honestly, it makes me nervous to have people too close to me. Use those park hoppers if it’s under cheerleader invasion. Actually it’s not really the amount of cheerleaders - it’s the screaming - Dear Lord - the screamin!:pinch:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We ran into them one year, too. It was actually on a band trip, so unfortunately, we had to share the All Star buses with them. It was AWFUL! They would cheer on the buses! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: I’m still having nightmares…

Stay deluxe. I used to think that was a good way to avoid all big tour groups, but after seeing a large Brazilian tour group at the Poly last summer, I’d say that’s not a sure bet, anymore. But with cheerleaders, that should do the trick.

And like already mentioned, park hopper is the way to go!

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1113517]We ran into them one year. They move in packs and like any wild animal are more afraid of you then you are of them. The trick is not to corner them or show fear. Also DO NOT feed them, they keep coming back if you do.

-harry[/QUOTE]
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh I’m going on a different take on this. We had them once at POR and we were fascinated as cheer is not at all popular in the UK. Both DD and I loved listening to the cheer rhymes etc that they did in, and around the pool, and we still do them occasionally!:redface::redface::reface:

♫♫♫♫♫ Hey Cheerleader! say what?.."♫♫♫♫♫:laugh:

We’ve gone in early Dec several times. The only time we had a problem, was one night at Epcot we were walking along, all of a sudden…20 girls who had been walking behind us, break into a cheer LOUDLY. I must have jumped two feet. I blame half my gray hairs on that incident. :laugh:

Oops, just remembered one other time. We were staying at POP. At the drink dispensers, one girl would fill up her mug with three different sodas, pour some out, fill again, dump, fill, dump, fill. And I’m standing there waiting, finally an adult yells “knock it off Brittney” and she stopped.

We went one February during the cheerleader invasion. Imagine riding POTC and every few moments having a CM interrupt the sound track with announcements like, “Remain in your seat!” and “Do not splash other guests!”

Talking to one CM near the castle, she told us it is one of their most frustrating times of the year. Earlier in the week they had to transport a cheerleader by ambulance because her squad tried to do some sort of flip in front of the castle for a picture. I guess they are told ahead of time that cheers and flips are off limits while touring the parks, but this group ignored that rule as well.

But, then, every cheerleader I knew in high school considered herself above the rules. Pretty people deserve to be worshipped.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1113598]

But, then, every cheerleader I knew in high school considered herself above the rules. Pretty people deserve to be worshipped.[/QUOTE]

Is that the same as Hummer drivers getting their driver’s license when buying that ridiculous car?

Love your new profile picture (not). Just sayin’

Please don’t hate me cause I’m pretty…:blow:

I was thinking the same thing and no, this isn’t anywhere nearly as bad.

Does anyone have exact dates of the cheer competitions? Just curious.

I thought that I had read somewhere Dec. 1-8? I bet exact dates are on allearsnet.net

sounds right

Thanks. Arriving on the 9th is sounding better and better! :wink:

We developed a strategy that involved timing “avoidance” of the groups one day that we were in MK with them. If we saw them heading towards POTC then we went towards Haunted Mansion or something and back-tracked.
We also found ourselves walking a lot faster than usual since we once got stuck in line with them at Big thunder and did not want that to happen at ant other ride again. They get SOOO loud in closed spaces. I don’t ever want to be on a bus with them.