Cheerleaders in Feb-

Just wanted to let you all know that our older cheerleaders are headed to MK for competition the weekend of Feb 3 (our normal trip weekend :frown:) Luckily Emily is one year shy of that team so she wont feel the pressure of not being able to go! :happy:

Oh yes Cheerleaders…We signed Madison up last year for SJ storm but after 3 practices she decided she wanted to go back to her reg squad so we will not be going for cheer but perhaps she will go for dance.

How crazy does it get when the cheerleaders are there? How long are they there? We have planned our vacation for the 1-7, but maybe we should alter it

Ok. In my experience going to WDW during cheer week without being on a squad I personally didnt think its that bad. You just have a bunch of hyper girls all over the place.
To be honest it depends on where you stay. they tend to hang out in the values.

My experience was with a bunch of rude young teens with no supervision and line cutting and just not pleasant behavior. We had longer bus lines and fast passes that were all gone by early am- this was not all times we went in Feb- we normally miss the competitions but that was a really bad dose of cheerleaders.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;892462]Ok. In my experience going to WDW during cheer week without being on a squad I personally didnt think its that bad. You just have a bunch of hyper girls all over the place.
To be honest it depends on where you stay. they tend to hang out in the values.[/QUOTE]

We always go in Feb, and I’ve never had a problem . . . when we see a crowd of them we just go the opposite direction. Feb is a great time to go, low crowds, cooler weather.

There are a few “rude” ones, but I’m not sure how much they are rude, or they can’t read/speak English, so they go in lines they are not suppose too, or speak when they are not suppose too.

HS is where they are the most, since this is where the competition is held. I believe they shut down the Indiana Jones show and use that stage? At least last year they did!

You should be fine!

My older daughter cheered for them for 6 years, now she is 18 and really misses the fun she use to have. Last year she was able to attend the Worlds Competition in Disney World. I now have my 9 year old signed up, and she loves it. Competition cheer is really a big commitment I hope I am up for the challenge
again.

So, they’re getting there the 3rd? Just clarifying since the weekend is actually the 6th-8th. I’m hoping we’ll be ok since we’ll be there the 1st-6th.

millermouse - we have the same countdown!

There are several different competitions and organizations which hold events at WDW throughout the spring. Its not all over in one weekend unfortunately. Some groups are better behaved than others. I would not cancel a trip or anything because of them but if you are coming in Feb-Mid March just be aware! I think the advice of not staying in a value is good. They are realllly overwhelming in the food court at breakfast time!

Thanks for the heads up… we don’t have a trip planned then, but it’s nice to know when they go.

We once had a very interesting stay at Imperial Palm Villas at the Marriott World Center during a dance-team week. The girls were ALL OVER the resort, including in the lobby and bar area, with their hair up in rollers on top of their heads and moms spraying sparkles all over them, and they walked in unison and it was WILD. I think my son almost had a heart attack to be in the middle of so much estrogen!

Oh, I know they’ll be all over, but I figure there’s always some group or another there. When we went at Labor Day one year, it was all Brazilian groups. Unfortunately, we are staying at ASMo, but we’ll make the best of it!

I just figured that i would give you all a heads up- The girls that are going will be in 7th and 8th grade from here- they said that they would be there for Feb 3 and I remember the date because that is my birthday. I know that there are some people who want to avoid them at all costs so I figured I would give fair warning- LOL…but no we wont be there… Emily is only in 6th grade

Awesome!!!

I think I would check with HOTELS they are in. That’s probably going to be where the greatest impact will be with busses, cafe lines, etc.:confused:

[QUOTE=Wendy;892484]My older daughter cheered for them for 6 years, now she is 18 and really misses the fun she use to have. Last year she was able to attend the Worlds Competition in Disney World. I now have my 9 year old signed up, and she loves it. Competition cheer is really a big commitment I hope I am up for the challenge
again.[/QUOTE]

I was just talking to my husband about SJ Storm tonight. Madison was talking as if she wanted to go back. No way… She cheers for West Deptford now and we stay local for the competitions.
I would love for her to go back to storm but I dont think my schedule is up for it right now or my pockets as I just purchased DVC:wub: We will see. Im taking her to dance class on tuesday to see if that will be good for her.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;892747]I was just talking to my husband about SJ Storm tonight. Madison was talking as if she wanted to go back. No way… She cheers for West Deptford now and we stay local for the competitions.
I would love for her to go back to storm but I dont think my schedule is up for it right now or my pockets as I just purchased DVC:wub: We will see. Im taking her to dance class on tuesday to see if that will be good for her.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to take a year off, but she has been taking tumbling classes since Jan. I figured she could get all of her tumbling and then sign her up. Two weeks ago they ask me if she wanted to cheer, of course she was excited and I could not say no. Now we are juggling cheering for our local football team and Storm, not to mention our rec team is going to 3 competitions including Gloucester twp. Maybe will see you there.

We were there a couple of years ago during a cheer competition. The worst part for me was the girls standing 10 across holding hands and walking slow. You could not pass them! Other than that, they were not too bad.

When cheer competitions are in Disney the cheerleaders are on a limited time schedule. Our Cheerleaders must meet with the team at least 2 hrs prior to going on the floor, and depending on the number of teams the gym brings the less time they have to visit the parks The cheerleaders must go to cheer the other teams on, not to mention the practice time at the hotel. I would not be worried about how crowded the parks will be at that time. Don’t worry Just have fun.