Chef Mickeys and Fantasmic Package sold out during Christmas

I am really worried about the crowds on our Christmas trip. We have always been able to get all of the ADR’s that we wanted at the time we wanted. This year, we could not get a single seating for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package and we will be there for 2 weeks. I booked on our 90 day mark too. I was also not able to get a single seating for my DS’s birthday at Chef Mickey’s. We always eat dinner there so I tried for dinner first. When there was NO availability at all for dinner over a 3 day period, I started trying for breakfast. It was then that I found out that they were booked solid at breakfast and dinner.

I hope this is no indication on how the parks are going to be or the trip is not going to be as fun. It is always crowded when we go at Christmas, but I am worried this year will be worse than usual since we can’t get seating at 2 of our favorites. Has anyone heard that it is going to be more croweded this Christmas? We will be there Dec. 17-31.

It’s always packed during Christmas in WDW. I don’t remember it being this crowded because I always thought we got ADRs to. Not sure haven’t been to Disney during Christmas in a LONG time due to the crowds. January, June and October are our months to go (:

I wonder if the online ADR thing has anything to do with it? It seems like there have been a lot less available ADRs since that began, yet people are saying there are empty tables all over the place! Maybe Disney is trying to hold even more slots for walk-ups during their busiest season? :whistling

I’m sorry that you weren’t able to get those ADRs, that really does stink. I hope you still have an incredible vacation anyway!!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;1004804]I wonder if the online ADR thing has anything to do with it? It seems like there have been a lot less available ADRs since that began, yet people are saying there are empty tables all over the place! Maybe Disney is trying to hold even more slots for walk-ups during their busiest season? :whistling

I’m sorry that you weren’t able to get those ADRs, that really does stink. I hope you still have an incredible vacation anyway!![/QUOTE]

That or people are double and triple booking since they can do it online.

That’s very possible – you know there are people out there who’ll do that to keep their options open, not taking into account that doing that negatively impacts others competing to dine at the same places.

forget Christmas- we are having the same issues with EASTER! No fantasmic and I tried to get a T-Rex for the week before Easter but it was also a no go-

That’s another super busy week with all the school breaks going on then.

I thought the online system didn’t let you do that??

I think it’s staff cutbacks. I noticed on our last trips, part of Ohana AND parts of 1900 Park Fare were dark and no one was sitting there. The servers seemed rushed and overwhelmed too! :confused: Just a thought?

Keep trying, they may open it back up again. :phone: GOOD LUCK! :heart:

normally yes- but not this year since Easter is the first weekend in April- all of our breaks are later in the month this time around. I could not get a decent time for T-Rex on March 27th- :blink:

Not around here. The schools where we live plan spring break for the week before Easter no matter when it falls.

I have called every day with no luck getting MM Fantasmic or CM for our entire trip. I will continue calling but am really nervous that we won’t get it. Those are the 2 must dos for us every trip no matter what.

Another trend that I am noticing is that the CMs are not telling you to have a magical day at the end of the call. If they can’t make a little magic happen for us by getting an ADR on my DS’s birthday, at least they could wish me a magical day. I know it seems silly, but I miss the niceties that have seemed to have gone away these days.

I think there’s something terribly wrong with ADR’s right now. I suspect that all the methods that can be used to book reservations are not well integrated and the 90-day window thing is backfiring on Disney. People who are obsessive planners that aren’t “good” planners are double and triple booking because their searching the web for tricks and backdoors.

Pooh Fan - I called on my 90 day and was terrified before I called at what I wouldn’t get (12/26 - 01/03). I got Chef Mickeys out of the gate for our 1st breakfast…I pretty much got all I wanted close to when I wanted it, but I DID NOT get the Fantasmic Package. Maybe party size has something to do with it. We have 3 adults and 3 kids in our party.

I have not heard anything about expected crowds. The only other time I have gone in my adult life was in during the 4th of July. So, I am expecting similiar crowds but more pleasant weather.