Chefs de France or Akershus?

Hi I need another choice for dinner @ Epcot for DDP.

This is my dilemma, lol…

I want to do something new.
DD and I aren’t into too much “different” food.
We have eaten at (in past): Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Tutta Italia.
We are also doing Teppan Edo on another nite.
Has to be a Table Service Meal.

I know DD would LOVE to do Garden Grill again, she loves that restaurant and Chip and Dale are there (currently her favorite costume characters and they can’t be found anywhere else!).

I thought about San Angel, but looked at their menu the other day and nothing interested me! I have looked at Rose and Crown and Biergarten and nothing interests me there either. Nor Marrakesh.

DD and I do NOT like fish or seafood of any kind (I eat minimal amount of shrimp). I typically like Italian, mexican, spanish foods and of course american. DD will take the simple american food staples.

I looked at Chefs de France and I might be able to pick between a couple dishes there:

1. Demi poulet fermier roti, pommes rissolees et tomate grillee - Half of an all-natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and grilled tomato
    2.Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with a black pepper sauce original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans

Then I looked at Restaurant Akershus in Norway.
Now typically we do this for breakfast but I need a break! lol For 4 or 5 trips straight we go here. Now maybe I can change it up and do the dinner instead and DD can still see the Princesses? But I also might be doing CRT for breakfast… and looks like a couple things I can order off menu:

1. Braised Pork Shank -Garlic mashed potatoes and red wine sauce

What do you all think?

Any opinions on either or anything else?
Or should I do GG again for DD?
Teppan Edo was her pick

I think Chefs.
Akershus’ offerings aren’t on par with their old smorgasbord (circa 2002-2004)

And continuing, I’d go with Chefs as your in park dinner and if DD still has a requirement for princesses, consider dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then watching Wishes either from GF’s dock or from Main Street if you’ve already been in MK that day or if you’ve got hoppers.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;979519]I think Chefs.
Akershus’ offerings aren’t on par with their old smorgasbord (circa 2002-2004)

And continuing, I’d go with Chefs as your in park dinner and if DD still has a requirement for princesses, consider dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then watching Wishes either from GF’s dock or from Main Street if you’ve already been in MK that day or if you’ve got hoppers.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks!! Have you eaten here before? And with kids?

btw… we are already planning on doing dinner @ 1900 Park Fare, one of our faves with the new Step sisters! :happy:

No kids Val, unless you count what I see in the mirror.
If you’re asking if we’ve eaten at Akershus, yes, that’s why I can comment about 2002 and 2004. 1900 Park Fare? We’ve only done breakfast there, I’m not much of a princess fan.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;979535]No kids Val, unless you count what I see in the mirror.
If you’re asking if we’ve eaten at Akershus, yes, that’s why I can comment about 2002 and 2004. 1900 Park Fare? We’ve only done breakfast there, I’m not much of a princess fan.[/QUOTE]

we are all kids at heart! :happy:

I was referring to Chefs de France. Wondering if you personally have been there to experience their food and atmosphere.

1900 Park Fare has very good food! I love it there!

We ate at Chef’s New Year’s Eve 2005. Overall the food was good, although I found the creme brulee to be a letdown. Atmosphere was good, but it felt a little crowded. Between Narcoossee’s key lime, Fulton’s milk chocolate, and my own cappuccino creme brulees, Chef’s just didn’t seem to come close. One of these days, we’ll eat there again, but between Tutto Italia and Tokyo Dining on almost every visit, it’s become hard to fit it back in. And then there’s always the ridiculous hope of getting a reservation for le Cellier.

Oh yeah, I’ve duplicated Fulton’s thanks to their posting the recipe and my own key lime is pretty close to Narc’s. Next up is a try at an orange creme brulee like they have at Sunshine Seasons.

Chefs de France . . . but go at LUNCH . . . YUM!!!

My DDs loved Chefs de France . . . but we saw REMY too, not sure if they are continuing with him though?

We really like Chef de France and are lucky enough to have always had a good meal there DS 12 likes it too. DH raves about the salmon. We’ve had the chicken and the beef, both were very good.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;979592]Chefs de France . . . but go at LUNCH . . . YUM!!!

My DDs loved Chefs de France . . . but we saw REMY too, not sure if they are continuing with him though?[/QUOTE]

Lunch is out for me. Can’t do big meals for Lunch. Some days I dont even have lunch. And with the F&W fest. I do my lunch at those kiosks sampling different foods.

I never knew they had Remy there? Cool!

[QUOTE=Val32;979610]Lunch is out for me. Can’t do big meals for Lunch. Some days I dont even have lunch. And with the F&W fest. I do my lunch at those kiosks sampling different foods.

I never knew they had Remy there? Cool![/QUOTE]

We did a late lunch 3:30 and we left around 5:30. I just say lunch cuz you get more band for your buck. App/Entree/Dessert . . . check out my Mother’s Day TR I have pictures of Remy in there . . . he was so cute. Actual size and he sung and danced!! :laugh:

We did Akershaus last year for dinner. I have to say the food was not the best part of the evening. In fact it was probably the worst of the trip (other than an encounter with a very cranky Norwegian hostess) and I think I got the chicken. Haha. The princesses were great, the service was good and I really enjoyed the “cold board”. They had some salads and cold fish. Although I’ll admit I only was adventurous enough to try the peel and eat shrimp. You also get free pictures with the princess at the door…that was fun!

Personally, I like Beirgarten better. I think the menu can be a little misleading actually. We’ve been at least three times and every time it’s really good. They have normal stuff like macaroni and cheese and salads and stuff. Last time we were there they actually had Chicken Schnitzel that was technically Chicken Fingers. Plus the entertainment is a lot of fun. I’ve never been the Chef’s though so I can’t really compare.

I’d agree with Bella. Give Beirgarten a look if you’re considering Akershus.

Its just too early for us, sorry!
We love to have a big breakfast, then mid-day get a mickey bar or other snack then dinner around 6ish. I can’t eat anything big that time of day, but I hear ya on getting more bang for your buck but what they offer for Dinner is plenty enough for us and being on the dining plan, I dont care, lol.

I will have to search for that TR later!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;979651]We did Akershaus last year for dinner. I have to say the food was not the best part of the evening. In fact it was probably the worst of the trip (other than an encounter with a very cranky Norwegian hostess) and I think I got the chicken. Haha. The princesses were great, the service was good and I really enjoyed the “cold board”. They had some salads and cold fish. Although I’ll admit I only was adventurous enough to try the peel and eat shrimp. You also get free pictures with the princess at the door…that was fun!

Personally, I like Beirgarten better. I think the menu can be a little misleading actually. We’ve been at least three times and every time it’s really good. They have normal stuff like macaroni and cheese and salads and stuff. Last time we were there they actually had Chicken Schnitzel that was technically Chicken Fingers. Plus the entertainment is a lot of fun. I’ve never been the Chef’s though so I can’t really compare.[/QUOTE]

OMG I remember you mentioning that hag in your TR! :laugh:
We only go there for the princesses for DD, and DD LOVES the potato casserole @ breakfast! And yeah they give the free pics @ breakfast too! They used to charge for them, now they are free. Maybe they are getting wise and just giving them away! But I think they upped the price of the meal to compensate! And CRT does the exact same thing!

Iam just scared of going places that call things schnitzel, wexel, etc…!
When things are named like that, I dont know what they are! lol

I was only considering it for the Princesses too.
Plus Ariel is at the dinner in her ball gown, she can’t be found anywhere else!

Val, I know, sometimes the characters are the more important reason for choosing one place over another. After all, that is why I say first timers should do CRT for their DDs.

[QUOTE=Val32;979801]I was only considering it for the Princesses too.
Plus Ariel is at the dinner in her ball gown, she can’t be found anywhere else![/QUOTE]

We did the Princess lunch at Akerhaus in 2007 and I had to ask the DW who the red head was in the dress !!! I had no idea it was Ariel … C’mon, she can’t walk in fins??? :laugh: We even took pics of our DD with our CM server, she (DD) thought she was a Princess too ! We would like to think we made her day !

I saw a picture somewhere yesterday that someone had taken of a group of princesses in Disneyland and one of them was Ariel. Oddly enough, it looked like either her bra was falling off or that she was falling out of her bra:eek::cool:

And then I had to remind myself that it wouldn’t do much good anyway, seeing as she’s got “fish parts” down below.

We love Chefs - our best meal of the trip last time. Not a fan of Akershus.

[QUOTE=Val32;979801]I was only considering it for the Princesses too.
Plus Ariel is at the dinner in her ball gown, she can’t be found anywhere else![/QUOTE]

She doesn’t always show . . . I’ve eaten there breakfast and dinner about 5x and NEVER ONCE have we seen Ariel!