Chefs de France

I thought I’d write a bit of a review about Chefs de France, because it seems to be overlooked a lot. We love the place and eat there just about every trip. This trip we had Jeremy and Emily with us and the restaurant exceeded itself - we had a window table to watch the “world” go by, crisp white linens, a sweet waiter named Mathieu, and wonderful service. And the food was delicious. We started by sharing a cheese plate - the thing was HUGE! Four wonderful cheeses, all very fresh and creamy. A brie, a goat cheese and two others I can recall the names of - one was sort of a buttery cheddar that I couldn’t stop eating. I can’t imagine one person ordering it as an appetizer - it easily served four of us. The rolls were crisp and hot (Emily’s only complaint was that the butter was hard). I had a filet - pefectly cooked medium rare, with the wonderful au gratin potatoes and fresh green beans. Jeremy had beef short ribs with noodles - the meat was so tender - with a deep, red-wine au jus. Emily had scallops - she loved them and Neil had his duck. Of course Emily and I had creme brulee.:wub: The BEST creme brulee in the World (sorry LeCellier, but it’s true).

Ok, ok, I know some of you guys get a little testy about things French - but it’s too bad more people don’t give Chefs a try. It was our absolutely best meal of the trip. And it’s one restaurant that’s fairly easy to get into.

[QUOTE=llama;934411]I thought I’d write a bit of a review about Chefs de France, because it seems to be overlooked a lot. We love the place and eat there just about every trip. This trip we had Jeremy and Emily with us and the restaurant exceeded itself - we had a window table to watch the “world” go by, crisp white linens, a sweet waiter named Mathieu, and wonderful service. And the food was delicious. We started by sharing a cheese plate - the thing was HUGE! Four wonderful cheeses, all very fresh and creamy. A brie, a goat cheese and two others I can recall the names of - one was sort of a buttery cheddar that I couldn’t stop eating. I can’t imagine one person ordering it as an appetizer - it easily served four of us. The rolls were crisp and hot (Emily’s only complaint was that the butter was hard). I had a filet - pefectly cooked medium rare, with the wonderful au gratin potatoes and fresh green beans. Jeremy had beef short ribs with noodles - the meat was so tender - with a deep, red-wine au jus. Emily had scallops - she loved them and Neil had his duck. Of course Emily and I had creme brulee.:wub: The BEST creme brulee in the World (sorry LeCellier, but it’s true).

Ok, ok, I know some of you guys get a little testy about things French - but it’s too bad more people don’t give Chefs a try. It was our absolutely best meal of the trip. And it’s one restaurant that’s fairly easy to get into.[/QUOTE]

You know, Janice!
Every time we walked by, it looked so familiar and inviting to me. The time was never quite right. We had either just come from breakfast or we had a dinner ADR shortly.
This place is definitely on my list to make an ADR for next time. We should have skipped Germany and gone there instead :closedeye

Why don’t you post that review on allearsnet?

Oh yeah. I’d eat that. Any of it.

It is at the top of our list too, as we jsut had dinner at Chefs for the first time ever. I had the duck, which was terrific. The salads were excellent. DH had the steak, kids had the macaroni. The best part of the meal were the green beans – abotu as good as I have ever had!

This place has become our favorite for lunch. We alway get the French menu meal. We love sitting by the window and watch the people go by. The meal and wine makes it so nice.

We missed our Chefs ADR last trip because Genavieve was sick and had to go to the hospital. I am going to make it a POINT to give it a try next trip. I am going to eat in Epcot every day!!! :laugh::laugh:

Best way to make the perfect green beans form Chefs de France: buy the slimmest haricots verts you can find, give them a quick parboil until bright green and snappy. Then saute them in a pan with real butter until they are the softness you like (we like ours firm but not raw! Salt and pepper and serve. OMG I love those beans!

In layman’s terms please? :blush:

haricots verts ?

I think “haricots verts” is literally french for “green beans” but typically refers to a bean that is longer and skinnier than the typical american green bean.

While I’m here, I’d also add my big thumbs up for Chefs de France. After cancelling ADRs at least 3 times, we finally ate there in 2007 and it was our favorite meal of the trip. It’s on top of our list for our March trip.

The thing that really surprised us was the friendliness of the staff.

Bruce

That’s correct :closedeye

[QUOTE=brumcg;934462]The thing that really surprised us was the friendliness of the staff.

Bruce[/QUOTE]Why is that? Had you heard otherwise?

This is nice to hear. My wife and son who will be there in December have picked Chefs De France to eat at. She will be glad to hear great reviews. Thanks for the insight

:wub: Love, love love Chefs!! You are right the creme brulee is amazing!1

that sounds wonderful we have never eaten there as french foods tend to scare me.

Oh I am so happy to hear your wonderful review! I had canceled our ADR for coral reef and changed to Les Chef’s. I was not sure what to expect because it was so easy to get a ADR. Now I can’t wait to eat there, and Creme Burle is like my all time favorite dessert!:wub:

The Passporter has used the same description of Chefs de France for a long time. I just checked… they use the phrase “overtaxed serving staff.” That wasn’t our experience in the least, and the restaurant was busy when we were there.

Bruce