Christmas at disney

we are going to disney in december. i have never been at Christmas time. what are they must do’s and most special things to see? thanks!

Osborne Lights is my favorite, at Disney Studios. Can’t explain them. It is definitely something you have to experience!

Osborne Family Lights at Hollywood Studios
Candlelight Processional at Epcot
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade at MK
Take a ton of pics because it is beautiful

thanks!!! my kids are 3, 8 and 6. do you think they would enjoy the candlelight recessional? i know i would, just didnt know about the kids.

Mine were 6,8, and 18 months when we went - the answer is no, not all of them. You might have one like mine that would enjoy it but the rest would have rather been moving…they will love osborne.

Take your kids to visit Santa while you’re there. We met him on Epcot at the American Pavilion. My kids also enjoy all of the World Showcase countires’ holiday story times. Pere Noel in France was probably the biggest hit with my kids.

MVMCP! (Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party) It is sooo magical. Just picture this your standing on Main Street USA, all of a sudden you hear the sweet, low hum of there’s ‘White Christmas’ begin to spread from the speakers and swell the entire area. And as this happens snow begins to descend gently to the ground… IN FLORIDA!

It’s amazing. I cried. :blush: They also offer free hot cocoa and cookies throughtout the park. It’s lot of fun!

EPCOT is BEAUTIFUL during the holiday season. We loved just walking around and looking at all the different trees they set up in the little walkway between Future World and World Showcase.

I don’t really remember anything to Christmasy at HS or AK. I was blown away by the others! :]

WOW you have to do Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party it is one of the best things we have ever done. the kids loved it xx we had our meal early at crystal palace. then got a fantastic place at main street station. santa was fantastic.

MVMCP and Osborne Lights. I sat for probably almost an hour on one of the benches just people and light watching. They are amazing.

:tinytree: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party …(if u can, don’t miss it)

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party | Walt Disney World Resort

everything from the snow on Main Street to the Osborne… :tinytree:

Everyone has spoken about all the cool stuff. My advice is to plan on slowing down for a Christmas trip. Disney does it so well, you will want to stop and look around the whole time you are there. There is so much to soak in - plan on extra time to enjoy it all.

Don’t forget the special holiday version of Illuminations.
On a Christmas party night, if you don’t have tickets, watch the MK’s 9:30 fireworks (Holiday Wishes) from either the Poly’s beach or from the ferry landing in the TTC. And if you are able to time it right, you can even get a free fireworks cruise by taking the last ferry before 9:30, because even the ferries stop to let guests watch.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1030225]MVMCP! (Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party) It is sooo magical. Just picture this your standing on Main Street USA, all of a sudden you hear the sweet, low hum of there’s ‘White Christmas’ begin to spread from the speakers and swell the entire area. And as this happens snow begins to descend gently to the ground… IN FLORIDA!

It’s amazing. I cried. :blush: They also offer free hot cocoa and cookies throughtout the park. It’s lot of fun!

Awwww- now I wanna go for Christmas!!!:wub:

I agree, we did Christmas there 2007 and stayed for 9 days. I was just nice to see all the holiday touches.

Our family’s FAVORITE time to go!!! We love doing so many different things on our December trips…

Make sure you take some time to visit some of the resorts…just to enjoy all the different ways each resort decorates is astounding…so many beautiful sights to see.

Each park has beautiful, but different decorations and activities. We especially love EPCOT at Christmas.

thanks so much for the advice!!! so excited!