Christmas Candlelight Processional

Did anyone do this last year???
I got this from allearsnet:

“What is the Candlelight Processional?
A Disney tradition now in its 36th year (2006), the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra.”

"What does the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package include?

The package includes dinner at select Epcot restaurants and reserved general seating at the America Gardens Theatre. 2006 information will be posted as soon as its available.

For 2005 there are three different levels of pricing for the Candlelight Processional Package:

Tier 1
Adults - $30.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99 (plus tax)
The Garden Grill Restaurant - The Land
Biergarten - Germany

Tier 2
Adults - $38.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99 (plus tax)
San Angel Inn - Mexico
Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco
Nine Dragons - China
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room - United Kingdom

Tier 3
Adults - $45.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99 (plus tax)
Chefs de France - France
Coral Reef - Living Seas
L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - Italy
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room - Japan"

smee -
Park hopper and mickey are two I know of off the top of my head who did this last year. You should definately book this. I have only heard positive feed back about the CP.

We did it last year. We had the package at Le Cellier. The processional was lovely, but we don’t feel that we need to do it again. I think it’s because we both sing (or sang) in choirs and have done zillions of Christmas performances–complete with candles, orchestras, and robes–and are a bit desensitized to them. If it’s something you’d like to see, definitley book the package–those lines stretch from the American Adventure back to Mexico if you don’t have the package ticket.

We LOVE the Candleight Processional. We’ve done the dinner pkg twice - once at Rose & Crown and this past December at the restaurant in China. We had never eaten there so we wanted to give it a try. It was very good - we would recommend it to anyone. (Our fave is still Le Cellier with R&C a close second.) The China restaurant wasn’t originally listed as one of the choices, but we asked and our CM made it so…

We had the Candlelight Processional package last year, we ate in Japan and then attended the last Candlelight Processional. It was a truly inspirational experience.
Not long after the Processional ended the fireworks began, let me tell you it brought me to tears, I was so touched, I was so glad we did this it was absolutely the most incredible experience.

We have done this the last 3 years when we are there in Dec. We love it. We have always eaten at Alfredo’s prior to the performance. The guest narrators are the best.

The Candlelight Processional is wonderful!! I have done it every year since I became an Annual Passholder. If you want to get a good seat,you MUST do a dinner package. Last year,for Harry Hamlin, I was the FIRST person on the stand-by line for the 5 pm performance and when they finally let the stand-by people in,there were only 3 rows in the theater left. What bothered me about this was they let people stand in line who didn’t possibly have any chance of getting in the theater for the show. What they should have done was go along from a certain point and let people know that they won’t get in for the 5pm performance,but they might have a shot at the 6:45 one.

We have done it the last two years. And I am sure we will do it again! We did Rose & Crown the first year, and then Le Cellier this past Dec. The Candlelight Processional is so beautiful. It captures the true meaning & spirit of the season.

We’ve decided that this is right up our alley. What an awesome way to experience the true meaning of Christmas! This is exactly what I’ll need to not feel like my Christmas was missing something.

Unfortunately this is one of those situations where we’ll have to pay the adult price for DS who will be 10 in November. There’s a big difference between the adult price and the 9 and under price so we’re cutting out one of our other table service meals to do this. But it will be worth it. Now we just have to decide which restaurant . . . ???

BTW, thanks for all of your input.

We’ve done it the past three years. Very nice. I choose to take my chances on standby now rather than pay more for my meal.

If you go to the CP during the week,and the narrator isn’t someone really really big,you will probably get a good seat going on the stand-by line.

Actually, we just positioned ourselves outside the theater and watched the show from there. Worked very well. The best thing about it was that Jim Caviziel was the narrator that night. Beautiful and moving!!

oooh thanks for bringing this up, I have been in choir for 14 years and ope to be a professional singer one day and I just found out I might have a chance to audition to sing IN the Candlelight Processional!!! SO COOL!
Even if I’m not in it hopefully I’ll get to watch the show once (or twice or three times!)

That’ll be awesome if you’re in it, Tessa! Good luck–be sure to let us know when you’re auditioning so we can send some pixie dust your way!

Thanks Bali, you KNOW I’ll let you guys know! hee hee
I have way to much to ask the WDW people when I get there :tongue:

I will go to all the shows that you are in if you make it,Tessa!!!

The CP is AMAZING. But I really do think it depends on who you have as the narrator. I saw Rita Moreno and she was absolutely incredible. A few days later we saw Miss America (forgot her name) and she was AWFUL. But the choir is just so MOVING.

BIG QUESTION…will this package be included in the dining plan???

I did this in 2002 and it was so worth it! We ate at the Rose and Crown and saw Edward James Olmos as the narrator. It was supposed to be Roy Disney but he was sick or something.

Anyway, I would totally recommend doing it. Our trip was the week right after Thanksgiving and we did this show our first night and it really sort of got the Christmas season started for us. We were ready to head home and start shopping!

Oh Tessa, that would be so cool to see you in the CP!!

I know wouldn’t it? I asked at my interview and they said you do have a chance to audition I think in June…That was when I was applying for a Attractions role though, and I got changed to Food and Bev, hopefully it doesn’t matter.