Christmas castle?

when do they turn on the christmas lights on the castle? is that only for mvmcp or can i not pay the 150.00 and still see them?
we’re broke after all the disneyness of this past year and i REALLY want to see them!

The first yr they had it, I thought it was at 6 pm. I seem to remember some little 3 min speech over the PA and then they were turned on. I’ve never done any of the parties. Of course with Disney, what was true last year, may not be true this year.

Are you asking what time of the night or time of the year?

Jo-jo’s right. The last two years there was a little program on the castle stage with some of the characters that leads up to the lighting of the castle. It starts around 6:00, but like jo-jo said it could change. Be ready to have your breath taken away. :wub: Wishes fireworks start shortly after.

I’ve seen the castle lit with its “Christmas lights” on both party and non party nights.
My guess would be 6 PM, which is in line with the tree lighting in Epcot, local sunset, and in the case of party nights, before regular park closing.

Speaking of party nights, I still have a headache.

Too much of the red I hear. What was her name again?

So true. I can’t wait to see them again this year. :happy:

thanks everyone!
being in retail, i dont get to take vacations during christmas time and work 6 days a week, so i planning on going every other saturday to see all the christmas stuff! hopefully i will get to meet some of you one day!!! i am REALLY looking forward to seeing the castle and the osbourne lights.
when do you think the best time to catch to candlelight processional would be?
we can’t afford a dinner package so i need to go at a slower time. being as saturdays are going to be my only days off, i’m not hold out too much hope that i’ll be able to see it though:(

Try some non steroidal anti inflammatory medication.
Also, a warm compress in a quiet darkened room should help.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;995878]I’ve seen the castle lit with its “Christmas lights” on both party and non party nights.
My guess would be 6 PM, which is in line with the tree lighting in Epcot, local sunset, and in the case of party nights, before regular park closing.[/QUOTE]

That’s when they did it last year! Cinderella lead the “Castle Lighting”

Starting the week before Xmas, you can catch the holiday parade, they put it in the 3pm time slot. It’s GREAT!! And it snows on Main Street at night too. I :heart: that!

5:45pm is when they light the castle. If I had to put money on it we’ll start it on Sunday the 8th of November…but could be a few days earlier for a “soft opening.” :wink:

And in related news, I aim to have my front foyer tree up and fully decorated before Thanksgiving.

I would think the Xmas lights would be turned on as soon as they get done with Halloween.