Christmas decorations are going up

Christmas is arriving around the World – Disney World, that is. My wife and I were at Epcot Saturday (our 15th and final visit to this year’s Food & Wine Festival) and were excited to see that the park’s Christmas trees were up and Christmas garlands had been strung over the entrance turnstiles. The beautiful tree at the end of the walkway leading to World Showcase is up and decorated, and so is the tree in the courtyard of the American Adventure. The rest of the decorations can’t be far behind.

It may have been 80 degrees, but just seeing the decorations made it seem like the holidays. I’m sure decorations are going up in the other parks, as well. There’s just no place like Disney during the Christmas holidays!

I can’t wait to see it all decorated for the holidays!

Wow… I didn’t realize they started this early. Last year was my first WDW Christmas. I’m so excited to get back this year… :biggrin:

Thanks for the info PH…

I can’t wait to see them!!!

WhenI read this I want to go at Christmas next year for my WDW trip. My DH and I are trying to decide on when to go for the 06 trip. We were decided on Nov-Dec but then we went last week of October this year and it was pretty chilly in the 50’s and too crowded for us. When will all the decorations including the osbourne lights at MGM???Now or not till December?? When do they start the Christmas parade and the Christmas Country Bears??

Christmas, and it’s 80 degrees? Seems so strange to a Michigan gal! I love holiday decorations, and Christmas music! One of the local radio stations started playing 24 hour Christmas music on Friday. My boss said no until after Thanksgiving. Scrooge McDuck! My kids and I have been listening and singing all weekend long. Can’t wait to really rev up the holiday spirit in… LESS THAN 10 DAYS!!!

Reading all these TR’s are getting me excited!

I believe they start with all the Christmas stuff shortly after Thanksgiving…

Apparently, for Disney starting Christmas in December makes too much sense. Just kidding! I’m a little annoyed at everywhere else starting Christmas Oct/Nov, but Disney makes starting Christmas early look like a pretty cool idea. Though it does get you a little depressed there is a little over a month in the way, it gets you excited and a little happier to be at Disney with Christmas decorations everywhere.

I love Christmas time at Disney because it just makes it feel like christmas to me since I live in South Florida where its hot all the time

I love christmas, but I am glad that I won’t be at WDW until December as I don’t feel I can start christmas until December! It is nice to hear that others can get to see the world in it’s christmas dress!

WOW! Are they early this year or do they always start this early. The pictures I have seen of the WDW holiday decore always impress me…must be extra magical to be there during that time. :heart:

ooohh! I’m getting so excited! We are in the process of planning our next trip for Dec 3-9 2006 just to have some magical christmas of our own. I’ve never seen disney at xmas time! So excited!!!

Well guys, Christmas has officially began at WDW. Yesterday, Animal Kingdom had their first Christmas Adventure Begins, the characters decked out in their holiday gear, and of course, the very INCREDIBLE Jingle Jungle Parade.

To answer some of ya’ll’s ideas. A big reason that Disney starts Christmas so early is that people from all over the world come every year to this most happiest place on earth to celebrate Christmas and see all of the beauty that is WDW this time of year. Doing it early is the only way for many millions of guests to see Disney since most of them spend Christmas at home.

The weather in Orlando has been absolutely gorgeous lately – the kind of weather we Central Floridians look forward to all year: low humidity and moderate temperatures. It’s 75 degrees as I write this at 10:30 a.m., with the five-day forecast calling for highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.

According to the Disney Web site, the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights is scheduled the begin tomorrow, Nov. 14. Here’s the schedule:

[ul][li] November 14, 2005 - November 21, 2005, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
[/li][li]November 22, 2005 - November 26, 2005, 6:00PM - 10:00PM
[/li][li]November 27, 2005 - November 29, 2005, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
[/li][li]November 30, 2005, 6:00PM - 7:00PM
[/li][li]December 1, 2005 - December 24, 2005, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
[/li][li]December 25, 2005 - December 30, 2005, 6:00PM - 10:00PM
[/li][li]December 31, 2005, 6:00PM - 1:00AM
[/li][li]January 1, 2006 - January 7, 2006, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
[/li][li]January 8, 2006, 6:00PM - 7:00PM
[/li][/ul]

Wow – I am getting emotional right now about this thread. One of my most lonely nights ever turned into one of my most festive ever – I took the kids to POR one year at Thanksgiving – hubby couldn’t join us for a couple of days. We got to the hotel and all the decor was up – if you haven’t seen POR at Christmas, well – it is just one of the best-themed decorations in all of WDW. Anyway, it was so bittersweet to see our gorgeous hotel with one of us missing.
But he decided to bail on work and fly down early! We were sitting in the lobby bar, and in walked the most gorgeous DH ever in the history of the universe! We saw him by the tree in the lobby, and the kids ran over to him, squealing, and hugged him right by the tree! It must have looked like a scene from a movie to everyone around! It was just so magical.
I think of it every time I think of WDW decorations. :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a great story MissD… :smile:

That’s a sweet story!!

I would love to see WDW at Christmas time!! Ahhh…someday.

:eek: Just think of how crowded WDW would be in December if Christmas decorations were limited to only the month of December. :pinch:

We just can’t wait to see this, it might make up for the fact that we are not going to have a xmas tree this year!!