Christmas decorations in EPCOT?

I know Christmas start mid Nov in MK and DHS, but does Epcot wait until after Thanksgiving to get decorated? I realize the Candlelight Processional doesn’t start until then, but what about everything else?

That’s a great question. I have never been there at that time of the year, nor can I find an exact date. Sorry, jo-jo! I am sure someone on here can chime in.

Jo-Jo…that’s a great question…you got me to thinking…I googled and googled and the only concensus I could find on various blogs and websites is that EPCOT is the last to be finished decorating…done by Thanksgiving…

Like Dana said…the real answer will come from someone who has been there in early November…

We went the day after Thanksgiving 20 years ago and back then, they were just finishing up decorating at the resorts and the parks that day…but I know they decorate all the holidays earlier now… :happy:

I’m thinking of a trip for 2 yrs from now, so I have a little time to search for info. :laugh:

Our trip in May ends an AP, I’m thinking we may start a new AP in Dec. If we plan another trip May 2015, maybe finish up that AP in Nov 2015 going the week BEFORE the week of Thanksgiving.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139545]I’m thinking of a trip for 2 yrs from now, so I have a little time to search for info. :laugh:

Our trip in May ends an AP, I’m thinking we may start a new AP in Dec. If we plan another trip May 2015, maybe finish up that AP in Nov 2015 going the week BEFORE the week of Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good plan… Happy Planning…I bet that week before Thanksgiving is a great week to go…

Joanne, we were there last year Nov. 7-14 and there were no decorations at Epcot nor AK. We didn’t make it to DHS so don’t know about that, Mk, of course. Beautiful as always.

Thanks. I wonder does EPCOT become Christmas on Thanksgiving night? That would be something to see.

A couple of years ago, they started decorating the day after Halloween at the Studios. That being said, we just got back today, and nothing had been decorated. Many of the stores are putting their Christmas merchandise out, but noting directly in the parks as of yet.

Not quite, but they won’t set for Christmas until a day or two after the Food and Wine Fest concludes, and that’s still a couple days away.

I have seen the reverse on Jan 2 a couple times.
Go to bed and it’s still Christmas, wake up the next morning and most of the decorations are gone.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1139625]Not quite, but they won’t set for Christmas until a day or two after the Food and Wine Fest concludes, and that’s still a couple days away.

I have seen the reverse on Jan 2 a couple times.
Go to bed and it’s still Christmas, wake up the next morning and most of the decorations are gone.[/QUOTE]

Let’s see F&W ends on the 11th this yr, so perhaps some decorations are up a week later? That would still be a week before Thanksgiving week.

Here you go:

Animal Kingdom

Holiday decorations go up – Nov 6-8
Animal Kingdom Characters in Christmas attire – Begining Nov 7
Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade – Nov 9 with soft opening on Nov 7

Magic Kingdom

Celebrate the Magic – Holiday Edition – startss Nov 5
Cinderella’s Holiday Wish – Nov 5 – Dec 31
Periwinkle replaces Terance – Nov 5
Holly Jolly Trolley Show – Nov 5
Walt Disney World Christmas Parade taping – Dec 6 & 7
Big Tree will go up shortly after this.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Nov 8 through Dec 20 (select nights)
Jingle Cruise – begins Nov 8

The following will be only during MVMCP until dates noted.
Holiday Wishes – begins Dec 21 for regular park guests
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – begins Dec 21 for regular park guests
Celebrate the Season Show – begins Dec 21 for regular park guests
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas – begins Dec 21 for regular park guests

Hollywood Studios

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights Nov 8 – Jan 5
Santa Goofy appearing on Streets of America – Nov 8 – Jan 5

Epcot

Holiday decorations go up  – Nov 13-14
Santa Duffy – mid November
Holiday Storytellers – Nov 29 through Dec 30
Illuminations Reflections of Earth with Holiday finale – Nov 29 through Dec 30
Meet Santa and Mrs. Clause in America Pavilion – Nov 29 through Dec 30
Candlelight Processional: November 29 – December 30

Narrators:
Gary Sinise: November 29-December 1
Neil Patrick Harris: December 2-3
Ashley Judd: December 4-5
Whoopi Goldberg: December 6-7
Sigourney Weaver: December 8-10
Dennis Haysbert: December 11-13
James Denton: December 14-16
Edward James Olmos: December 17-19
Trace Adkins: December 20-22
Steven Curtis Chapman: December 23-25
Blair Underwood: December 26-28
Amy Grant: December 29-30

Downtown Disney

Festival of the Seasons November 15-December 29

Santa Claus: November 15–December 24

Santa Goofy: December 25–29

Located at Santa’s Chalet at the Marketplace from 12:00pm to 2:15pm, 2:30pm to 4:45pm, 5:15pm to 7:30pm & 7:45pm to 9:30pm.

Thank you for all that info. It’s perfect.

So since it does appear going the week before thanksgiving, you do see a good deal of decorations, should I start a thread titled “2 yrs of me” ? Or has that idea been copyrighted? :laugh:

I got most of it from Kenny the Pirate.