Christmas Decorations in the parks/resorts

Around when do they go up?

My parents in law once went around or just after Thanksgiving? and I am sure they said some were up then

I guess early November is too early huh? :laugh:

We plan on going Nov 8-14th and I was hoping to see some since we can’t go in December this year.

I always tend to go for a week the first week of december and it comes out a lot cheaper and they just put up the lights. according to what we are told is that they put up the lights the day after thanksgiving.

They start the Osborne lights in August…not lit of course,but they are always started when I am there at the end of August. They also start the lights on the caslte then…the stupid crane was there the entire time I was there this past August. I think the day after they take the Halloween down, you start to see little bits here and there and then the day after Tday, it’s up in full bloom. I think they do it in stages. I know the MK is fully done before the MVMCPs start. All that decore takes tons of time.

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;919191]I guess early November is too early huh? :laugh:

We plan on going Nov 8-14th and I was hoping to see some since we can’t go in December this year.[/QUOTE]

That’s when we went in 2005, and there were definitely Christmas decorations about. Not full on, but a lot. I wish I had more up to the minute info.

Totally OT… I’m so jealous you can even consider a trip. Is your little one easy? Around here with my difficult little girl, I have to weigh the pros and cons of a trip to the mall.

[QUOTE=Andrea;919272]That’s when we went in 2005, and there were definitely Christmas decorations about. Not full on, but a lot. I wish I had more up to the minute info.

Totally OT… I’m so jealous you can even consider a trip. Is your little one easy? Around here with my difficult little girl, I have to weigh the pros and cons of a trip to the mall.[/QUOTE]

LOL
I’m sure they are going to be alot more laid-back trips than we normally do, but we’re ok with that!! He’s a pretty good boy for the most part!! He hates his carseat so hopefully he’ll outgrow that’s since we’ll most likely drive! :eek:
Otherwise we’ll be spending the extra $ to fly!!

Back on OT—lol—i did notice that the first of the mvmcp’s started nov 10th in 2008!!

I think you will see some decorations around but not all as they are working on some like Osborne in DHS as they take along time to do. In any case you will have a great time I’m sure.

sorry, what i meant to say was that the daay after thanksgiving is when they are 100%on and working. but before that most of the decorations are being setup. I remember my g/f and i went on a weekend in september and some of the lights were on already but not really that many.

I bet MK will be all decked out by then since the Christmas parties are running. Enjoy, the decorations are beautiful.