Christmas Holiday Decorations

When do the theme parks switch from the Fall decorations to the Christmas lights, etc?

By mid November they are all on and beautiful

They start right after Halloween. There’s a lot to do to get ready.

Thanks. I am trying to figure out a visit November 4 to 9 or 11 to 15. . airfare is cheaper for the earlier week, but want to see decorations.

You would see sooner the second week. They are ALL up for the turkey day crowds.

If you go the week after Thanksgiving, the parks are practically empty, and you get all the decorations.

We went for Thanksgiving one year, the week leading up to Thanksgiving was pretty low crowds and the lights were up. The day of Thanksgiving was not too bad, we had Dinner at the Crystal Palace ( a must do in my mind ).

The weekend after Thanksgiving was a ZOO. Then on Monday it was like everyone left the state.

The lights were so neat and we had such a nice vacation that year. We also went for New Years Eve one year and that is the first time I have ever been in a crowd that dense without having a panic attack. Again the lights, the music, the characters in holiday dress, just wonderful.

Hope you get to see it,
Harry

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Our reservations are for 11/30 to 12/8

That’s a perfect time. Parents don’t want to take their kids out of school ahead of Christmas break, and college students are preparing for finals.

Just be prepared for cool weather. We’ve gone in December and worn shorts. We’ve gone in December and worn coats.

I was there 2nd - 16th November last year and the majority of the decorations where already up!

Figure that the MK will be fully decorated first so look at the date of the first Christmas party to judge if it works with your schedule.
The Osbourne Lights aren’t lit until mid November and I’m not sure how quickly Christmas rolls out in Epcot after Food & Wine ends the first week of November.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1105079]Figure that the MK will be fully decorated first so look at the date of the first Christmas party to judge if it works with your schedule.
The Osbourne Lights aren’t lit until mid November and I’m not sure how quickly Christmas rolls out in Epcot after Food & Wine ends the first week of November.[/QUOTE]

that’s exactly right. If you want to see all the decorations and the castle in icicles, it’s mid-November.

MVMCP started on the 8th/9th of November the last two years so hope that continues this year. We’ve seen the decorations many times, but sure would like to see them again.

Epcot Holidays around the World and Candlelight Processional do not start until Thanksgiving.