Christmas time air fare

So I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to go during Christmas, but the air fare is so high :sad:. I’ve never traveled this time of year, so my question is, will the prices go down the closer we get to x-mas? Will their even be flights still available? I don’t know what to do :crying:

Christmas flights are tough.

Price will probably go down at some point… but no guarantee… and they’ll probably pop back up.

Maybe sign up at places like Kayak and Sidestep for fare alerts to help you keep track of prices? I’d say you certainly have a month or two or even a bit more to be safe about actually getting flights.

I’d say keep watching, you have a couple of months before you really have to book. I don’t know what airline you fly, but Christmas time is the cheapest time to fly for us…we fly Airtran. Their prices are always really low September thru February. I just checked and they’re $79 each way right now. See if they fly near you…

We paid $207 r/t when we went down in '08.

We always fly SW, it’s the only airline that flies direct form/to Providence RI.
The flights now are ranging from $144.-$350. ONE WAY! :nonono2:

Airfare is high now going anywhere from Minneapolis. So, we are waiting to see too.
Last year, I found SUPER cheap flights to Charleston to see family leaving on the 25th and returning the 1st… They were the cheapest ever. So hold on and keep checking! :slight_smile:
Good Luck!

Try finding a flight out of Boston…at times they can be cheaper.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1045537]Airfare is high now going anywhere from Minneapolis. So, we are waiting to see too.
Last year, I found SUPER cheap flights to Charleston to see family leaving on the 25th and returning the 1st… They were the cheapest ever. So hold on and keep checking! :slight_smile:
Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Charleston SC or WV?

I REALLY dislike driving into/out of Boston.
Warwick is just so much quicker.
But your right, Jet Blue is sometimes a lot cheaper.

SC :slight_smile:
My sister and brother live down there so I try to go once a year or so. My brother is a former Marine and works as a civilian on the base near you :slight_smile:
I LOVE SC in the WINTER. The summer is TOO hot for a Minnesotan!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1045550]SC :slight_smile:
My sister and brother live down there so I try to go once a year or so. My brother is a former Marine and works as a civilian on the base near you :slight_smile:
I LOVE SC in the WINTER. The summer is TOO hot for a Minnesotan![/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaatttttt. 90 by 9am is not your cup of tea? Then you must hate WDW in the summer.