Christmas time Magic?

So I’m sure this has been asked A LOT before but I’m hoping to get a list altogether so we can plan a whole bunch of different things for this trip!!

Sooo…
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO AT DISNEY WORLD AT CHRISTMAS TIME?? And has anyone done they “sleigh ride” through fort wilderness, did you enjoy it?

So I’m sure this has been asked A LOT before but I’m hoping to get a list altogether so we can plan a whole bunch of different things for this trip!!

Sooo…
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO AT DISNEY WORLD AT CHRISTMAS TIME?? And has anyone done they “sleigh ride” through fort wilderness, did you enjoy it?

(Also, wasn’t sure where to post this!! But I mean ANYTHING at Disney anywhere --not just the parks!) THANKS!!:happy:

Osbourne Lights is my number one favorite thing at Christmas.

We experienced our first Christmas at WDW last year and these are the things we loved:

Candlelight Procession at Epcot. it was wonderful. The music was beautiful and inspiring. They do offer a Dinner and Priority Seating for this event. Depending on who the narrator is, I would suggest getting it.

Osborne Lights at DHW - just amazing! Make sure you’re there early enough to see them light up. Being from Canada we had a good laugh at the “snow” - but it really thrilled a lot of people.

Gingerbread House at Grand Floridian. It’s so adorable - and treats and ornaments are sold. To make it very special arrange to take Afternoon Tea first. Then find a comfortable chair in the lobby and listen to the pianist play.

Visit all the resorts to see the different decorations.

Visit all the parks to enjoy the Christmas Trees.

Make sure to visit the Christmas Store and especially the German Pavillion in Epcot - to view all the gorgeous ornaments.

All the countries in the World Showcase at Epcot have special holiday features. Those that celebrate Christmas tell their traditions. Other countries, such as China and Morocco have the special customs of their countries.

We’ve never done MVMCP so I can’t advise - but I’m sure it’s special.

Christmas is very magical at WDW. Don’t worry so much about all the rides and attractions. Slow down and take in the magic of Christmas.

yes—Osborne Lights—worth the trip to WDW just to see that area alone!!! Nothing can duplicate it anywhere…

Osbourne Lights and just walking down Main Street in the MK and taking in all the sights and sounds.

A few yrs ago we ate dinner at Trails End and then walked around Fort Wilderness to see the lights that guests put up in front of their trailers. Maybe low tech, but we loved it.

More suggestions?? What exactly are the decorations at the resorts?

The decorations at each resort are all different. For ex… POFQ has a mardi gras theme tree and decorations…the Contemporary is more modern…that sort of thing…

Every resort has decorations in the “style” of the resort - I haven’t been to them all but some of the outstanding ones are Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom.

I’m so excited to go back at Xmas!! We are doing the sleigh ride thru fort wilderness before Hoop Dee doo! The decorations sound great. We only saw POR and Grand Floridian last time we were there at Christmas!! Can’t wait to see more!
Anyone else do the Sleigh Ride? Is it good?
What are the ABSOLUTE don’t miss resorts to see!?

No more low tech than walking around your neighborhood to see what your neighbors did and which ones overdid.

Agree with all of llama’s comments but want to ESPECIALLY point out this one. DW thought it would be lame but now it’s one of her favs. The traditions of the holidays is SO different right down to Santa.

The Christmas Party is extra $$$ but the parade and fireworks are not to be missed. It absolutely POURED on us last year and we still had a good time. (Well the walk back to BLT sucked!)

The magic IS the kids. I just love watching the faces.

And you of 25 trees in your house comment on ‘overdid’??? :laugh::laugh: That would be the same as Pam calling me the Grinch because I did not find somewhere to put that last string of outdoor lights.

BTW, have you seen that LED lights dropped about $5.00 a box for the 100 count strings this year? My new light replacement budget almost doubled this year. Whooo Hoooo.

Now now.
I do, I don’t overdo.
I may creep up to the edge, but I never go over the cliff.
At least not until I get a 26 foot ladder.

I’m going to try and make it one more year before I start the switch to LEDs.
I’m waiting for 300 light strings and also waiting for the price to fall a bit more.

Besides, it’s only two trees inside plus a 6 footer outside that only gets about 400 lights and no ornaments except a star on top.

Besides, when I say overdid, I’m talking about someone like one of my neighbors who put 4 large inflatables on his lawn and not much else.
No imagination and no style.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124615]Besides, when I say overdid, I’m talking about someone like one of my neighbors who put 4 large inflatables on his lawn and not much else.
No imagination and no style.[/QUOTE]

Inflatables are not allowed in our yard for that reason. the boss spoke and I have listened.:laugh:

Resort hopping is a favorite of ours. They are all so decked out. I could almost kill a day doing this if they would just add buses directly between them.

We tour the resorts and try to use as many means of transportation as possible. Bus to MK, then boat to WL, etc, etc.

Osbourne Spectacle of Lights is the most magical experience I have ever experienced! You want to be there when they turn them on and when they do the dancing lights to any song really but especially Trans Siberian Orchestra is awesome!!

The snow on Main Street is a must see as well, and if you are in the Magic Kingdom intime to see the show where they light up the castle I would do that too!

MVMCP is an additional cost but we loved it! The hot chocolate was delicious, it may be really hot out but act like it is cold it’s a lot more fun for the christmas season! The parade was amazing and the fireworks are a must see!!

Everything about the holiday season at Walt Disney World is special :wub: