Christmas Time

What are some changes that happen during the Holiday season?
Thanks

Where do you want me to begin?

MK-The entire park, especially Main Street, is all dolled up beautiful in Christmas Decorations. Christmas Parade, Holiday fireworks, holiday shows.

DHS- Osborne Lights on the Streets of America, as well as decorations throughout the park. AND, coming in 2009, a holiday version of Block Party Bash!

DAK- Holiday parade starts November 12th.

Epcot- Decorations everywhere, especially for each country in World Showcase. Also holiday storytellers in each country.

I’m missing quite a bunch but I hope this is a start.

in the Sept. Moussavers newsletter…(which i just minutes ago read & deleted…sorry) it described all the holiday festivities…starting Nov. 10, 2008 WDW will be showing off it’s holiday spirit in tons of ways!

maybe someone else who got the newsletter can copy & past that info. here.

The parks and resorts all get decorated in a winter/holiday theme. The characters all have their winter/Santa costumes and the parades also change to holiday themes. As for special events there are a lot of different shows and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is at the MK. Epcot has a lot of great events happening during the holidays!

All the Resorts are decorated. GF has a giant ginger bread house. I hear one I think BC has a carousel done up in it. So each resort will have it’s own decorations to see. I think on Samantha Brown it was said all the main decorations in the resort are edible. Such and the ginger bread house and the carousel.
And so much more!

As the RowdyRaider has stated and there is just so much to see and do it’s a must see and experience if you can. EPCOT has a ton of things that go on

don’t miss

Mickeys very merry Christmas party (Magic Kingdom)
Real Santa
Characters in Christmas outfits
Goof as Santa

Osborne Family lights (Studios)

Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade (AK)

Ginger Bread house at Grand Floridian

Oh Please I could go on forever. We love Disney at Christmas.

here is some info on the web that you might find of some use. also don’t forget allears.

Christmas at Walt Disney World

Christmas Events at Walt Disney World

Disney Christmas - special events for Christmas at Disney’s Hollywood Studios & Epcot

I have not done this but found it at allears so have cut it to post here

Seasonal Sleigh Rides at
Wilderness Lodge

Sleigh Rides at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge can now be booked 90 days in advance. The sleigh rides, which are available December 1 - 30, 2008, are 25 minutes long and cost $60, for groups of up to four adults or three adults with two children. Rides depart from the Wilderness Lodge port cochere every half hour, and end at the same spot. You will be allowed to bring your own beverages on the ride. Call 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529) to book a sleigh ride – a credit card guarantee is required. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy – same day cancellations or no-shows will be charged the $60 fee. Rides must be paid for by either cash or room charge; the sleigh driver will not accept credit cards.

Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time at the Porte Cochere at Wilderness Lodge.

Carriage and Wagon Rides

sounds great :heart:

:confused:Does anyone know if they sell a refillable holiday mug?

I’ve only ever seen resort mugs. ALTHOUGH, I do remember some sort of plastic mug that RESEMBLED the resort refillable mugs being sold in the parks with hot chocolate in it. I think I saw them during MVMCP and in MGM during the Osborne Lights. Not refillable though.