Christmas time

When do they usually put up all the Christmas light?
thx!

Pretty much right after Halloween. The first :tinytree: Very Merry Christmas Party :sled: is Nov 8th.

Yup, right after the last Halloween party and Food and Wine.

…and to think that 20 years ago—we made a point to go the day after Thanksgiving to watch them decorate for Christmas! That Friday, the decorations weren’t even up yet at Port Orleans—we left in the morning, and came back to find them almost finished with the tree. I have a picture of the little “court yard” area there treeless upon our arrival and then later when the tree was up with all the masks and stuff on it!

I guess in the scheme of the way life works now, it’s not that much earlier…Halloween decorations are already out in the stores here…and usually right after July 4th, the start putting the Christmas stuff out…

The Xmas lights and decorations are really nice to see, the best is the Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios are just awesome.

Last year, and this year, we get to see the end of the Halloween decorations, we fly in Oct 31 and stay until Nov 12, double fun!

[QUOTE=Mickey Maniac;1135231]The Xmas lights and decorations are really nice to see, the best is the Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios are just awesome.

Last year, and this year, we get to see the end of the Halloween decorations, we fly in Oct 31 and stay until Nov 12, double fun![/QUOTE]

Oh how fun that will be!

Thanks everyone!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1135234]Oh how fun that will be!

Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

Thanks it will be fun, but ya know we always see holiday decorations, we always go around the same time in November, so when the decorations are down for a couple days, we actually like that too, it is nice to see the park in normal form. Especially the Magic Kingdom, for Xmas they put up wreaths that go fro side to side on Main Street, it blocks the view of Wishes.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1135229]
I guess in the scheme of the way life works now, it’s not that much earlier…Halloween decorations are already out in the stores here…and usually right after July 4th, the start putting the Christmas stuff out…[/QUOTE]

I got my heads up from Hallmark that ornament premier is the second weekend in July (the 13th and 14th). But this is always a leading indicator and a huge piece of any Hallmark store’s annual business.

Yep—I got info on that too…the displays will go up soon…and it has indeed become big business for Hallmark…I think people that collect the ornaments are afraid of not getting a certain one…I know that in years past, I have waited and not been able to get a certain Star Trek or Star Wars one…

I’ve got to take it easy this year, it’s really gotten out of hand.
It’s not like I don’t already have enough ornaments for two 7 1/2 foot trees with plenty left over, but there’s the series ornaments.

Speaking of the Osborne Lights, I wonder what their future will be with the DHS expansion plans. They’re going to take out Catastrophe Canyon and the auto stunt show as well as Muppet Theater. I can’t see much of a reason to leave Streets of America once they take out the remainder of the “Hollywood studios” stuff.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1135297]I’ve got to take it easy this year, it’s really gotten out of hand.
It’s not like I don’t already have enough ornaments for two 7 1/2 foot trees with plenty left over, but there’s the series ornaments.

Speaking of the Osborne Lights, I wonder what their future will be with the DHS expansion plans. They’re going to take out Catastrophe Canyon and the auto stunt show as well as Muppet Theater. I can’t see much of a reason to leave Streets of America once they take out the remainder of the “Hollywood studios” stuff.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooo—They can take everything else away but not the Osborne Lights!!! Actually, I remember the first year when they were set up on the back lot only and not down the Streets of America…we walked down the street where the tram drove during the day…

They will have to find another great place for those lights!!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1135297]I’ve got to take it easy this year, it’s really gotten out of hand.

Speaking of the Osborne Lights, I wonder what their future will be with the DHS expansion plans. They’re going to take out Catastrophe Canyon and the auto stunt show as well as Muppet Theater. I can’t see much of a reason to leave Streets of America once they take out the remainder of the “Hollywood studios” stuff.[/QUOTE]

Any word on when this expansion will start or is it still in the rumor phase?

There’s a tentative 5 year plan with an end point in 2018.
I understand they are building an entirely new theater in AK for Lion King right now. How that plays into Avatarland, I don’t know. We know that the Fantasyland expansion is mostly complete, excepting the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride (which I can’t wait to open!). And that is going to be an amazing combination of dark ride segments with coaster segments (in the vein of Universal’s Mummy) with a new type of car.
When will the two new areas open in DHS and when will we finally learn what will stay and what will go, only the WED imagineers and the bean counters can say. But Disney has long needed to expand DHS in order to make it more than a half day park and it appears to be moving that way, especially with Disney’s acquisition of all of the Lucas properties and Episode 7 finally getting the green light as well as an even greater presence of Pixar beyond one attraction and a lame ride exit shop.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1135352]There’s a tentative 5 year plan with an end point in 2018.
I understand they are building an entirely new theater in AK for Lion King right now. How that plays into Avatarland, I don’t know. We know that the Fantasyland expansion is mostly complete, excepting the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride (which I can’t wait to open!). And that is going to be an amazing combination of dark ride segments with coaster segments (in the vein of Universal’s Mummy) with a new type of car.
When will the two new areas open in DHS and when will we finally learn what will stay and what will go, only the WED imagineers and the bean counters can say. But Disney has long needed to expand DHS in order to make it more than a half day park and it appears to be moving that way, especially with Disney’s acquisition of all of the Lucas properties and Episode 7 finally getting the green light as well as an even greater presence of Pixar beyond one attraction and a lame ride exit shop.[/QUOTE]

I remember spending more time in MGM when it was newer—is that my Imagination? Perhaps the how it’s done/backlot tour and animation tour took up more time…I am trying to remember what else took up time…I just remember taking the whole day there when it first opened…more shows maybe? They used to have a show for each new movie…