Cinderella or Mickey?

I am taking my 8yr old daughter to WDW in September for her first trip. I am so excited to tell her but I am waiting because if I tell her now all I will hear until we leave is how many days til we go??? LOL I am trying to decide if we should do the Cinderella breakfast at the castle or the Chef Mickey breakfast. Should we do both? I don’t want to overdo it with character breakfasts but they are different characters. I read online that Chef Mickey is in the Contemporary resort. Can we still go there if we aren’t staying there? We are staying at POP Century. Could I take a bus there or would I need to take the monorail? Sorry for so many questions but I like to know as much as I can before hand. BTW if anyone wants to plan my trip for me I would be more than willing to hand over control LOL

Kim

Oops. I think I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry

Kim

Yeah, it’d be better in the Restaurant section but I’ll answer since it’s still here!

Both are awesome! If you can do both, then do both. They are very different in terms of feel and of course characters. I recommend an early ADR at Chef Mickey’s so you’ll get the best interaction from characters. We did that on our last trip (7am ADR) and the place was DEAD. The characters came and sat down with us while we ate!!! It was amazing. Cinderella’s Royal Table is pretty fantastic too. Breakfast is definitely the choice meal for that one as it tastes the best. :laugh: An early ADR is fun there too because you’ll get to see the MK empty and there’s nothing as magical as seeing Main St. with no guests! It’s a great time to snap a pic in front of the castle since there will be no one walking by in your pic! They’re both very special experiences IMO. GL with your planning!

I’m sure one of the friendly mods will move this thread to the restaurants forum if they feel it should move, so don’t worry.

I vote for Chef Mickey’s or Crystal Palace (Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, and Piglet) for breakfast over CRT.
CRT is way overpriced and doesn’t offer the variety of food choices that the buffets offer.
And Crystal Palace is inside the park and you can see the castle from most tables.
Plus, all of the benefits of an early dining time work for CP as much as CRT. The same walk down the same empty Main Street in early morning sunshine.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will do both. I know my daughter is not a fan of Pooh etc so I will give CP a pass. If I do make the reservations with an early time can I still take ME there? I won’t have a car so that is my only concern.

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;947191]Thanks for the advice. I think I will do both. I know my daughter is not a fan of Pooh etc so I will give CP a pass. If I do make the reservations with an early time can I still take ME there? I won’t have a car so that is my only concern.

Kim[/QUOTE]

(ME only does transportation from airport to resort and back.) It depends on how early your ADR is. Disney buses run before park opening but you’ll just have to find out how early. We had to take a cab for our 7am ADR but as we were pulling out of CBR in the cab, we saw busses running so I think we could’ve taken a bus to MK and then walked to the Contemporary. We were told the buses weren’t going to run for another half hour and we didn’t want to risk being late for our ADR. I’m sure we were told just in case buses didn’t get going early. GL!

I agree with the earlier post - if you have a chance (and the funds) to do both, I think that would be a great idea. They are both very different in their feel. Enjoy!

I wrote ME but of course meant the busses that go from park to park. I think I will try to book both for around 8am. I can’t wait to see her face when I tell her we are going to have breakfast with Mickey Mouse : )

^I figured that’s what you meant but I wanted to make sure! :happy:

DD will have a great time! We got so many wonderful pics at Chef Mickey’s. :wub:

Hey you said you have not told your daughter. I know a couple of years ago when we decided to at the last minute to go to WDW. We made the plans did not tell the girls where we where going and we drove all the way thru the night to wdw and managed to get onto the property and at Pop Century before they even knew we where at Disney. talk about priceless I have it on tape when they both relized where they where. they where 4 and 6 at that time. If you could get away with it hold out and don’t tell her and surprise her. Just tell her it is a BIG surpise that she will love.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;947191]Thanks for the advice. I think I will do both. I know my daughter is not a fan of Pooh etc so I will give CP a pass. If I do make the reservations with an early time can I still take ME there? I won’t have a car so that is my only concern.

Kim[/QUOTE]

Good choice. We’ve done both in the same trip and it wasn’t an issue. The atmosphere, food, and characters are all totally different.

You can take a bus to both if you don’t make your Chef Mickey’s ADR too early. I think Chef Mickey’s starts seating at either 7 or 7:30 and that may be a problem if you want to get there by bus. You can take the Magic Kingdom bus to the MK and walk over (10 minutes tops) or I’ve always heard there’s a character breakfast bus that runs early in the morning. I think we’ve seen it several times and it says VIP in the window, ask the driver if you see that bus.

Buses to the MK start running sometime between 7 and 7:30 , as do buses to Epcot and AK. The reason is that there are pre-opening breakfasts in all these parks and I believe the earliest reservation time is 7:30 for all of these.
The monorails also start running at 7 AM.

Hi Kim,
You are going and staying around the same time as myself. Are you going to be on the dining plan? If so they may be offering a free code sometime soon.

Hi Kim,
You are going and staying around the same time as myself. Are you going to be on the dining plan? If so they may be offering a free code sometime soon.

I would try to do both but if that doesn’t work, I would definately do CRT. My 7 yr old loved it, actually so did my 13 yr old. The princesses are so in character when they speak with you.

Ok, that settles it. I will be doing both for sure. I would LOVE to not tell my daughter where we are going until we are at the airport but I don’t think it will be possible. I have to get a travel permission letter from her dad as we live in Canada so we will be crossing the border. We are divorced now and my fear is that when I tell him about the trip he will tell her just so I can’t. It’s petty, but that’s the way he is. I am going to tell her about 3 weeks before we go and will tell him a day or two after that. It sucks, but that’s the way it is. I plan on staying at POP Century so I totally hope I can take advantage of the free dining plan. I want to go now especially since we just had another snow storm sigh

Kim

We went to Disneyworld last Oct when my kids were 8 and 12. We did BOTH Chef Mickey’s and CRT. They really are completely different experiences. At Chef Mickey’s there’s dancing & all the Mickey characters are going to each table. It’s more of a party! At CRT, we went for breakfast. All the princesses went table to table. The inside of the castle is beautiful. But it’s a very calm experience I think. My son was bored once his sausages we’re gone.

Kimberly, I think you are smart in waiting to tell your daughter, not only because of your x-husband. I told my kids about 6 months prior because I was so excited. It was the “longest” 6 months.