Cinderella's Royal Table

which meal is the best to go to…breakfast, lunch, or dinner

We’re trying breakfast this time. 2 years ago we did dinner and you visit with Cindy when you walk in (and get your photo taken) but that was it for true character interaction. Fairy Godmother and Mice do a little shindig in the dining room but they don’t come around to the tables. Food was okay but to be honest, we were most interested in the characters and eating in the castle (my DD was 4 at the time).

when are you going…what are the character meals…last time we went it was nice to have the character meals b/c we didn’t have to wait in lines for pics and such for most of them

Ate breakfast there years ago.
Didn’t do much for me. I don’t care much for pre-plated breakfasts and long time posters know I prefer omelets at breakfast.
Ate dinner there in 2004, before they turned it into a character “experience” and enjoyed it. The menu has been through some changes since then.
Looking at the menus, I’d go with dinner. I recall the prime rib being good.
Chicken and lamb chops look good.

We just ate there for dinner. We had an early seating at 4:20.

As mentioned, dinner isn’t true character dining.

We were greeted by Cinderella and got a photo (that was prepaid for) taken with her. Since we’d already paid for it, they didn’t bother to pose us. It wasn’t a very good photo.

The Fairy Godmother and two mice (both girls) came out for a little show. The mice danced around the room and stopped at tables for quick pictures but no autographs. The Fairy Godmother walked around the room and did not pose for pictures, but did talk to the guests.

The food wasn’t that great. CRT is definitely more about eating in the castle than what you’re eating. They do a great job with the presentation of the food, but it’s not of great quality.

They give out little souvenirs to the children. Boys get swords and girls get wands. My sister and I are teenagers, but they gave us wands, too. :happy:

Dinner isn’t cheap. It’s $43 a person, and you don’t really get a character experience. If you want to meet and greet the characters, then I’d suggest breakfast or lunch. Breakfast is the least expensive at $37 a person and probably has the safest food offerings.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;992109]
Dinner isn’t cheap. It’s $43 a person, and you don’t really get a character experience. [/QUOTE]

It’s up to $57.19 now (including tax and tip)
For that kind of money, I’m eating at California Grill or Narcoossee’s.
Seriously.

I think that they have taken away the thrill of the castle with the characters. When all you can do is see the characters, your kids don’t get to visit with the mice… so why take pictures… I think that it is making a difference, because there are no real problems with getting reservations there like there used to be, or like there is with Le Cellier (based on comments on the boards).

I remember when I was there 5 years ago with my daughter, she was in shock when all of the princesses came out of a side door to see the kids- she was stunned (lasted about 2 days)… Since then- the I noticed that the characters seemed more rushed to see every table, and they seemed to zip around more quickly… which gives you less of a special experience feel as opposed to watching a show…

Just my 2 cents, but the food is good, but the experience has changed. We like all of the meals there and will continue to go, but we are not thinking about the fun character experience when we are there… We really liked dinner when we were there in June.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;992111]It’s up to $57.19 now (including tax and tip)
For that kind of money, I’m eating at California Grill or Narcoossee’s.
Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Oh, dang. I didn’t know we were that expensive.

Yeah, I’ll agree with you, but when you have little girls, I don’t think you’ll have an easy time convincing them that eating at a signature restaurant is better than dining in Cinderella’s Castle.

We just did b-fast there last month. We also did the pics w/Cindy in the foyer. Then the other princesses came around for photos and autographs while we were eating (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel). The food was OK, the kids didn’t eat that much, so I felt like we wasted a lot of food. They really prefer (as do DH & I) the b-fast buffets. We come out of those stuffed, and that certainly wasn’t the case at CRT. That being said, with all of the times we’ve been to WDW, we’d never eaten in the castle before, so it was worth it to us to see what it was like. It was also DS’s b-day. I don’t plan on doing it again anytime soon (if ever), but I’m glad we did it for the reasons mentioned.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;992114]
Yeah, I’ll agree with you, but when you have little girls, I don’t think you’ll have an easy time convincing them that eating at a signature restaurant is better than dining in Cinderella’s Castle.[/QUOTE]

We all know if you’re the parent of girls up to the age of 12 (maybe older) you’re just going to have to have a meal at CRT at least once. There’s no way around it.

Ask a 10 year old girl which she’d rather have, a hamburger with Cinderella in her castle or sushi on the 15th floor (even if you’re in time for fireworks) and we all know what the answer is going to be.
Price? What’s that?

my girl is will not even be 2…I am thinking CRT might give way to something else…

Oh, yes. I’d suggest waiting until she’s a little bit older and can enjoy and remember the experience.

Also, since you’re on the dining plan, CRT is two TS credits. It would be the best value to book dinner at CRT under DDP, since dinner is technically the most expensive meal.

We did dinner last May at CRT, and the Mice visited every table there. They even made a couple of return trips back and forth.
Kinda shocked to read some post on here that they don’t visit the tables, because the night we were there …they did! Fiary GM even took time up and down the aisles so everyone could see here.

We did breakfast in 2007 there and we had wished we did that again (Food Wise) The prime rib for dinner was ok. For breakfast they will bring out your pre-plated dish, and you can have seconds or thirds… NOT for Dinner though!

ok we have never had lunch there so i cannot comment on what that is like or indeed what is involved in the way of characters or not but I have done both dinner and the breakfast here.

Personally I prefer the breakfast out of the two options as at least you get the Princess characters on this part. The dinner does not include any characters. ( or at least it never used to…)

The Princesses were great to see and they did spend a decent amount of time with our table and our dd but we almost felt a bit rushed by the waiters to eat and get going so they could get the next table sat.

The photo opportunity with Cinderella at the start though is brilliant and the photo pack you are given is lovely and included in the price of your breakfast so this makes it slightly better value for money. That being said it is still quite a hefty price.

The dinner is nice though and if you can get a window seat nearer the fireworks time then this can make it for you but other than that, it is a bit costly for what you get.

However I must say that if I had never eaten in the castle before then I would be totally happy to pay whatever the cost that was involved jsut to say I had done it and experienced it. for example: The next time we are going, we are taking my cousin and she has never been to WDW before so we are going to try and get a reservation for breakfast here so she can say she has eaten in the castle but if she wasnt coming it is definately something we would pass on.

We did dinner and it was $$$, over $130 for 3 people, 2 adults and a 3 yr old. The food was good, we did see Cinderella at the entrance, and the mice did come around to the tables for pictures. To us it’s a once in a great while thing, not a repeat like other character meals. We may go again in a few yrs when dd is older and can remember it.

We have not been back since the changed the way the meals were done. We had gone for dinner on a couple of occasions, and we were always lucky to see Cinderella in the foyer. It was almost like our own little secret, and we had great character interaction.

Dinner, although adequate, was not something to write home about. I always felt like the prime rib tasted like it was dipped in soap.

But we ate there for the atmosphere, and we knew that going in.

I agree with everyone else, you do it for the Castle experience and not the food. On our honeymoon, before it was CRT (don’t remember the name) we weren’t impressed with the food. We did it with the kids a while back, and we loved dinning in the castle, but for 2 TS and so-so food I wouldn’t go back.

Just venting here, but why do they do they have such different photo options? At Chef Mickey’s they try to sell you the pics, CRT it is part of the 2 TS credit, some rides you can scan your photo pass to get the photo and other rides you can’t. :blink:

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;992278]I agree with everyone else, you do it for the Castle experience and not the food. On our honeymoon, before it was CRT (don’t remember the name) we weren’t impressed with the food. We did it with the kids a while back, and we loved dinning in the castle, but for 2 TS and so-so food I wouldn’t go back.

Just venting here, but why do they do they have such different photo options? At Chef Mickey’s they try to sell you the pics, CRT it is part of the 2 TS credit, some rides you can scan your photo pass to get the photo and other rides you can’t. :blink:[/QUOTE]

I believe CRT is the only restaurant where your pictures are included in the package. At all other character dining restaurants where they take your picture, they try to sell it to you for $34.99.

Breakfast is the best in my opinion. Make sure you make the ADR on the VERY first possible day that you can. CRT can be a challenge to get.

…" King Stefans Banquet Hall " woo-hoo, look at me dropping some old school Disney Knowledge !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: