Cinderella's Royal Table

I think I may have been disappointed by Disney for the very first time. I’m helping a family that I work with plan their very first trip to WDW. The daughter is 5 and has significant developmental needs. Visual impairment, non-ambulatory, no verbal communication but she is very aware and has opinions about things, both positive and negative. The family made reservations at CRT. Well, the girl is fed via g-tube so will not be eating. The family just wanted her to have the experience with the princesses. They are still charging the full amount for her to be there. Sorry, I have a problem with that. Three paying adults and they have to pay for a 5 year old who won’t be eating or really have the experience as it was meant to be had. I told mom to call back and explain everything very carefully and specifically and they said she still has to pay full child price for their daughter. :huh: Doesn’t seem right to me. Sorry to be negative.

That’s not negative. I’d say something to the manager when they are there… They can fix it when they see that she is obviously telling the truth. I would think that they would do the right thing when presented with the correct information. WIthout it in front of them, I can see where they would think this was another person just trying not to feed their little kid (they can just eat off Mom’s plate)…

I hope that Disney makes up for it- it is just totally wrong as it stands now…totally.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1130430]That’s not negative. I’d say something to the manager when they are there… They can fix it when they see that she is obviously telling the truth. I would think that they would do the right thing when presented with the correct information. WIthout it in front of them, I can see where they would think this was another person just trying not to feed their little kid (they can just eat off Mom’s plate)…

I hope that Disney makes up for it- it is just totally wrong as it stands now…totally.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks for your thoughts. I was crushed when her mom told me that. I’ll suggest they talk to the manager when they arrive. Makes sense that someone might actually give false information over the phone, sad as that is. Thank you!

Sally, did she just call Disney’s number or the dining reservation number? It’s 407-939-3463 if she didn’t. Either way, I’d call again. I’m sure Disney will do right by them.

If they don’t fix it, it’s a news story. I bet they would fix it.

Pretty sure it was the dining reservation number. They leave tomorrow morning so hopefully it will all be good when the arrive for dinner!

Good point. I’m keeping fingers crossed for them. :happy:

They probably encounter so many people now days trying to beat the system that they keep to the standard with reservations. I’m sure once they get there, I bet they won’t even have to talk to the Manager, just a little chat with the server that she won’t be eating will probably adjust everything.

The way they may look at it is if she’s not eating and only getting a character experience then she could get that from character interactions in the park.
I understand she’s on a tube but imagine if they allowed everyone with some type of disorder sit in there and not be charged. That place is in too high demand for that. No, it doesn’t seem fair but that’s their policy and since they’re in a business to make money then, ya know.
Hope it all works out for them.

I would imagine that the reservation center has zero flexibility on something like that. They’re reserving X number of spaces, and the computer says you have to collect money for X number of people for this place.

I agree with the reservations thoughts, but it is a totally different thing when she can’t eat what’s there…

…I hope it works out better when they are actually there…that just doesn’t seem right. With the rest paying customers, it’s the same as having an infant not eating isn’t it? No disrespect ment for the dear child, but from a business standpoint, what’s the difference in this situation and a famiy bringing an infant who doesn’t eat???

i will be super sad if disney doesn’t do right by them:( please keep us posted!

smee, are they staying on property? They should talk to the concierge about it when they arrive at the resort. The concierges can do amazing things!

I agree - this would probably be the most unstressful way to go. It would just ruin their whole experience if they had to argue this when they are at the Castle.

That is 100% correct. Talk to the server upon arrival. Let’s not call the news vans just yet.

Yes. She texted me when they checked in at Pop and sent a photo of the girl I work with. I’m so praying that this is a magical trip for them! I did suggest that they talk to the concierge AND the manager at the CRT. I hope it works!

Will do! I’m living vicariously through them right now. I have a whole new appreciation for texting and cell phone photos. :happy:

Thanks. I’ll encourage her again to chat with the concierge before they go. I’m pretty sure she said their reservation is for the 6th. I have a feeling she’ll be checking in with me daily. Dang it, she better! :laugh:

Thanks, Dana. :happy: