Classic Disney Movies

…I’m watching Cinderella…I still love the Classics…I don’t care if the technology has left this in the dust…I still love it.

I mention this because I am hearing from parents of young children, that they are “bored” with old Disney movies…even Lion King Aladdin etc. They have told me its the technology in the movies. Once they see today’s movies, they don’t like the Classic ones. :frown:

Anyone else run into this? My DD told me yesterday that any kids of hers WILL watch thes old Classics like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty Snow White etc…it will be a must!! Lol. Guess I raised her right!!! :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128576]…I’m watching Cinderella…I still love the Classics…I don’t care if the technology has left this in the dust…I still love it.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting! I like the way the old animation looks. The new stuff looks weird to me, especially the princesses!

…you know what I think looks weird…is Mickeys clubhouse…or whatever it’s called…BUT that’s what the kids are seeing now…

The first of the “new” movies I saw was Toy Story, way back when, and I actually had to sort of fight the urge to be disgruntled with the way it looked. I just can’t embrace that stuff. I like my old cartoon-style movies.
Truth be told, though I will never admit it here LOL, is that I love the way the cartoons looked on the old Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour. So satisfying…

The first of the “new” movies I saw was Toy Story, way back when, and I actually had to sort of fight the urge to be disgruntled with the way it looked. I just can’t embrace that stuff. I like my old cartoon-style movies.
I saw a show once about how the Disney animators did the old animation, and it was quite a production, creating layer upon layer of still paintings and then adding layers of action. All the layers were put together on levels in a rack and then photographed from above, or something of that nature. Just amazing and quite an art form. No computers needed!
Truth be told, though I will never admit it here LOL, is that I love the way the cartoons looked on the old Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour. So satisfying…

We love the old cartoons…and we used to love the old original animation tour at MGM…animation back then still used a lot of old techniques…

But I loved it…

I do remember seeing Beauty and the Beast with my DD for the first time and being in awe of that Ballroom scene…but…I still miss the oldies…

The ABCFamily channel was running all the Disney classics, Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, Cinderella, etc. this weekend. After watching Aladdin, Cinderella was coming on. My two boys were just coming in the door. I told them the “Mouse Movie” was on (that’s what my boys always called it when they were young, as they loved the mice characters in the movie.) So, here I was on a Saturday night, with my 18 and 20 year olds watching Cinderella. Don’t give up on the next generation. I know my boys will contribute to tradition!

…my DD is 25 and loves all these old ones too…but I’m talking about the little ones right now…parents of the 5-10 year olds I know are saying their kids are bored with the old movies…their comments?..not vibrant enough to keep their interest…dull flat animation…

I’m thinking this is because of the computer games and such they play now…

As I said, my DD will make sure here kids are introduced to all the Disney classics early…as she was…her favorite movie at 2 was Cinderella…then next Lilttle Mermaid…she says she will make sure they watch both the old and the new, so that they can really relate to all of Disney…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128604]
I do remember seeing Beauty and the Beast with my DD for the first time and being in awe of that Ballroom scene…but…I still miss the oldies…[/QUOTE]

For me, the “new era” look started with Pixar, so B&tB still counts as an oldie. :laugh:

My kids are 6 & 9 and they like the old ones right up through the new ones. They love watching the old Disney shorts, like Society Dog Show and such. I think it is what they are raised on. They can see the differences, but like them all and they don’t need the special effects. They also love the old live action Disney movies like The Love Bug, The Shaggy DA and The Apple Dumpling Gang.

I am very mindful of what they are watching and they love the more family, wholesome movies. They’re not Disney, but they love Little House on the Prairie. DH asked me one day why is Little House on so much? I said 'Because I don’t have to worry about what they are seeing or hearing when they watch it." With all the crap on TV it is nice to retreat into a clean, wholesome world of these kind of shows and movies.

My 6yo daughter loves the classics. Cinderella, Snow White, and Alice in Wonderland are a few of her favs. However, she also loves the entire Tinkerbell series and the new princess movies, excluding the frog one. I love that she doesn’t mind picture quality, she loves the stories and the music. :wub:

Well this makes me feel much better.