Club 33 - anyone been?

My dh has been to Club 33 - I haven’t, but I am dying to go! Who here has been? I just wanna see…lol

Ive been to Club 33. My Aunt took us there I think it was last summer.

I know Turnwrench was there for dinner in June, he brought me a hat. I will have him post tomorrow when I see him.

Tell us about your visit! Is your aunt a Club 33 member, or was she sponsored, or what?

My dh has been lucky - they’ll let him and his colleagues in anytime as long as they aren’t booked up (and they usually are) - we’re not members or sponsored. But every time he’s gone, it’s on business, and I haven’t been privvy to join him. If he doesn’t call me to come up and join him there sometime soon, I’m going to burst.

well fortunatley I got to go once because my aunt was having a lunch meeting about a few subjects on some of the refurbs of the park. I happened to be spending the day in the park and she called me and asked if I wanted to go. Shes not a member (I dont think anyway) but the person she went with was a member. Im not TO sure who the person was but he was one of the members in the managment area working in the area of the refurb dept, or sumthing like that. I could get more info if you’d like. :slight_smile:

Tell us about your visit! :biggrin:

well what do u wanna know about it? like…?

I don’t know…what did you think of all the rooms, what did you eat…

the rooms were great. We ate in the buffet because we had more of a choice. I started out with fresh fruit and a salad. Then I had shrimp and chicken with steamed veggies and some other stuff. And for desert I had a piece of cheesecake. It was delightful! If u’d like to know more just feel free and ask. Id be happy to tell more about it. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what it costs to be a member these days? I heard it was really steap. My husbands friend is a member he said he inheritied it from his grandfather or something. I didn’t know you could do that. (if it’s true)

I think the last time I read it was $10,000 for an individual membership, or companies can buy a group membership for 9 people and that was $35,000.

Yes a membership is very steap these days, in that price range or so as listed by disneywife. But it is true that you can inherit a family membership. :slight_smile:

Not only steep, but I understand that it has a long waiting list. I just remembered that, in my business, I sold a large item to a VP of Disney (a lawyer I believe). Maybe I can go through him?? Wow, that would be something!
Den

When I was at DL this summer looking in the Disney Gallery, I overheard someone asking the CM about Club 33 and membership requirements. He said that the waiting list is about 10 years long!

I had the amazing opportunity to go to this very special place! It was special, only because of the mystique - and unfortunately, that’s where it stopped.

I found the service to be a bit rude, and snobbish.

The food was served cold, and one of my family members received an in-correct order. This is partially due to the fact that the kitchen for Club 33 is below Disneyland itself. I might be wrong here, but I think some of the food is actually pre-made, and not made to order.

On top of the long waiting list, and high fees one pays, you still have to pay for your meal on top of it.

Personally, I would save myself the trouble, and eat at either the Vineyard Room at the Golden Vine Winery at Disney’s California Adventure, or the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian.

Both places serve amazingly exquisite cuisine, and cutting edge, to boot. Both have fabulous wine lists, and the Scharfenberger Pate’ at the Napa Rose is to die for.

It’s too bad the same quality standards never made it to the Club. Perhaps they exist at the one in Tokyo? The Japanese never miss a beat! :slight_smile:

Well, if you ever get the chance to go, I would say, at least check it out once. Hopefully you will have a better experience.

well srry to hear of ur experience…and about the kitchen, the kitchen is above ground, there are some area underground but most of it is above ground. Food is always made when u order it, not pre-made…that would be practically againt the law and my aunt has said all of their food is made fresh and when the order is made. Why yours was cold? I dont know why, it has never happend to me or anyone I know who has been there, and thats quite a bit of people. Maybe they were having a really busy day or maybe u had just a bad server. Hmmm…oh well. Club 33 is still an awsome place everyone, so my advice: Dont let one experince ruin ur wanting to still come here. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: No offense dezinewiz

I have been, but not in a few years. Here is URL on Club 33.
http://www.disneylandclub33.com/

Yea, thats a good site, if any of you have never been that site gives you a little info on club 33. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

DezineWiz did you go to club 33 as a guest, member or with a large business group? Your food may have been pre-plated if you were with a business group for an event.

My dh is a VP for Disney, but we are not members. But, if he calls with a vendor, and they are not full, they’ll take him. Your client could probably do the same.

However, he has called in the past and they were booked solid, and he couldn’t get in, VP or not. :wink: