Coke machines

Does anyone know if the resort food courts have the awesome new Coke machines? [FONT=“Arial”][/FONT]

Last at WDW in May. Not then.

Nothing different July 31.

Pardon my stupidity…but what is the new Coke machine?

Didn’t see any last month.

487 flavors or something silly like that? I am surprised they don’t have them yet. Better than the “Beverly” at the cool spot in Epcot.

In Atlanta it is rumored that the Beverly is just a trick beverage to get people to drink something bad. But hey, you add it to the multi-flavor machines, it might not be that bad.

C’mon Disney, get the new awesome machines.

I actually don’t like the new machines - because the drinks all come out of the same nozzle, so if someone before you put cherry in their drink, your supposedly plain Diet Coke tastes fruity!

They don’t have them at Disney. But they did recently begin putting them on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. I believe they are currently on the Oasis and Allure.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1119923]I actually don’t like the new machines - because the drinks all come out of the same nozzle, so if someone before you put cherry in their drink, your supposedly plain Diet Coke tastes fruity!

They don’t have them at Disney. But they did recently begin putting them on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. I believe they are currently on the Oasis and Allure.[/QUOTE]

…a lot of local restaurants have them here…I’ve never noticed any extra or different flavor in my coke or sprite…so far…I love the different options…orange, lemon cherry makes my diet coke taste better…I can see where the machines could break down more with mass use though…and they probably are very expensive…guessing on that…

I recently saw an article that there are currently 800 in use total… I remember being at a pizza place last year, and there was a guy there from Coke watching people use it. An executive. I think he was there to help too, because people had no clue what to do at first…

…only 800 in use? Hmmmm…there are so many in this area…and they aren’t hard to use at all…I don’t think so anyway…my only problem with them is that I am only 5ft 0in tall and the screen is up above my eye level…:laugh:

800? Really? You are talking about the soda dispenser’s with the buttons you push to add in flavored syrups right? The kind that LMM described where several sodas come from the same nozzle. We have 3 different gas station/convenience stores (Circle K, Chevron/Kangaroo and Valero) all within 5 miles of my house that have them, and that’s just the locations I frequent. I’m sure there’s more in our area.

Yeah, they’re at Clemson. We have two in the food courts and a few restaurants downtown have them (Moe’s was first). Also, they had like 10 of them at the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta.

My problem is I’ve been a Diet Coke drinker for all of my young life, and I’m very particular about the taste… which is why I normally can’t stand fountain drinks in the first place - a lot of times the mixture is off. Fruit in my Diet Coke? Oh heck no!

I’ve noticed that if the drink is supposed to be fruity, it’s not really a big deal (but then again, I’m not a taste snob about anything but Diet Coke) - I can drink Sprite and Mello Yellow out of the machine no problem.

I’m not the only one with taste bud issues… Max has it way worse than I do, and one of Rachel’s friends also complains about the fruity taste from those machines. I think Diet Coke is probably the worst drink from the machine because it’s not supposed to taste sweet.

For clarification on the machine, it’s called Coca Cola Freestyle - Drink Machine | Coca-Cola Freestyle

It has a touch screen where you select the base drink you want among 20-something Coke products, then you have the options to add in flavor.

Ok, the locations I mentioned don’t have those exact machines but do however offer the same type of push the button for flavored soda function.
I entered the zipcode locator in the link and found we still have 3 within 5 miles of us, but they’re all at Wendy’s. I don’t eat at Wendy’s :blow:

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1119915]487 flavors or something silly like that? I am surprised they don’t have them yet. Better than the “Beverly” at the cool spot in Epcot.

In Atlanta it is rumored that the Beverly is just a trick beverage to get people to drink something bad. But hey, you add it to the multi-flavor machines, it might not be that bad.

C’mon Disney, get the new awesome machines.[/QUOTE]

We have them up here in our Burger Kings. The kids love them and sure mix up some crazy flavors.

Yes, I am talking about the freestyle machines. When I went, they had just been put in at this pizza place as a test, and it was one of the first places with it. I thought it was weird that a Coke executive was monitoring the machine… But, he may have been watching people’s reaction to it, etc… At the time they were not anywhere else. (Keep inmind I live 15 miles north of Downtown Atlanta)…

Stevi B’s!

Well, at least that was the pizza place near me that had it early on.

They’ve also since gotten rid of it and switched over to (blech) Pepsi. Not that anyone goes to Stevi B’s for a delicious dining experience to begin with.

Yes, it was Stevi B’s… I took the kids. I had not been there since the switch to Pepsi. Wonder what happened with that contract. I try to go as little as possible.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1119923]I actually don’t like the new machines - because the drinks all come out of the same nozzle, so if someone before you put cherry in their drink, your supposedly plain Diet Coke tastes fruity!

They don’t have them at Disney. But they did recently begin putting them on Royal Caribbean cruise ships. I believe they are currently on the Oasis and Allure.[/QUOTE]

You could do a quick water flush or seltzer flush before you dispense your blend.
It’s a thought.
I tried one once at a Firehouse Subs.
I need more data.:mellow:

Mumsy,

I figured you would ask about the new Coke machine. <grin> We have seen several here in Wisconsin. Mumsy and our daughter like to experiment with different Coke flavors. I still prefer Cherry or Vanilla Coke myself…