Columbia Harbour House

I’ve been browsing through the menus while trying to decide on ADRs and I just noticed that the tuna sandwich at CHH is now described as being served on a toasted bun!!!:ohmy: My favourite part of that sandwich was the wonderful whole grain bread! Has anyone had one recently? Has it really been changed to a bun. That would make me very sad.:crying:

No worries… Don’t be sad.

We just ate there on June 25th (part of the Keys to the Kingdom Tour) and the Tuna sammy was served on (very delicious) multi grain toasted bread. The toasted oats were bursting from the crust! Needless to say, it was not a bun…

And like everyone has mentioned here on MB, it was a fantastic sandwich…

[QUOTE=papa bear;1082391]No worries… Don’t be sad.

We just ate there on June 25th (part of the Keys to the Kingdom Tour) and the Tuna sammy was served on (very delicious) multi grain toasted bread. The toasted oats were bursting from the crust! Needless to say, it was not a bun…

And like everyone has mentioned here on MB, it was a fantastic sandwich…[/QUOTE]

WHEW!!! Thank you! I look forward to that sandwich all year and I’d hate for any part of it to change!

Dont you think the CHH is somewhat overlooked in reviews etc? We ate there by chance and it was so nice, and yet I rarely see it ever mentioned. Hence why I was keen to read this thread. Now the Tuna sammy must have escaped my notice, however, it has been duly noted for next trip!

I’m just going to have to break down and give CHH another try. If nothing else but the tuna sandwich. Last we ate there none of us cared for it at all, except DD13 and she had the chicken which we could get anywhere. The rest of us had seafood. Not to say there was anything wrong with it, just not prepared, cooked or seasoned to our liking.

DH likes CHH too, but DD #2 and I are both allergic to fish and can’t eat there. :sad:

We try to hit CCH at least once each trip. I love the tuna sandwich and my husband likes the fish. Most of the time we can find a quiet table upstairs and enjoy a short break from the crowds.

I think it’s very overlooked by everyone except those who have discovered said sammy. In a way that’s good - always lots of seats!:happy: We really like eating upstairs by the windows - you can people watch everyone passing by. It also has a hummus sandwich (which I think sounds unappealing) but my vegetarian dd loves it!

Now as for the tuna buttie:happy: - it is delicious! Fresh and healthy with tomatoes and lettuce - such a change from fried everything and burgers! (and the bread really is so good!) It honestly is the only tuna sandwich I eat all year.

I agree… Upstairs is “where it’s at”!

Very nice and relaxing…

[QUOTE=llama;1082407] It also has a hummus sandwich (which I think sounds unappealing) but my vegetarian dd loves it!
[/QUOTE]

No kidding! That sounds AWESOME!

I’ll have to try that next time…

It is somewhat overlooked.
It is a little off the beaten path when compared with most of the other food spots. And yet, when you include the upstairs dining area, it’s a pretty big venue considering the foot traffic they see.

And it is good food.

You know Llama, that tuna sandwich is on my list of “things to do” for this up coming September trip. All because of your wonderful reviews of it. Looking forward to trying it!

You’ll love it. It is SO yummy!:happy:

All the reasons we hit CHH on a regular basis have been mentioned:
-Off the beaten path so we can always find a table, preferably upstairs and overlooking the path underneath
-Good tuna sandwich
-NO BURGERS
-Great theming
-Relaxed atmosphere

The one thing I miss is that 7-8 years ago they stopped offering a great wrap. That was always my favorite. Now I go with the trusted tunny.

They also have very good clam chowder.

We just love it at CHH. There is enough kid foods like chicken fingers and still some adult foods like the tuna. It is a gem.

Still if we want heavier fare, we hit Pecos Bills for the fixing bar! :laugh:

we tried CHH trip before last (thanks to the awesome reviews here) & it is a must do for us now! I can’t wait to have it again…that and casey’s are my top faves at MK! wouldn’t be the same without lunch at both of those!

Look, I know so many love the place, but with Casey’s, as far as I’m concerned, I just don’t get it.
Then again, I like raw fish.

We absolutely LOVE CHH. Their tuna sandwich is delicious and the clam chowder is also very good!

The last time we went there, we were the VIPs for the day. A CM led us to a private table upstairs and took our orders and delivered our food. It was a lot of fun! It was like a fancy little meal. The table was set with real silverware and had a tablecloth. He was very sweet and it made our day! :heart:

[QUOTE=princesslindsey;1082560]We absolutely LOVE CHH. Their tuna sandwich is delicious and the clam chowder is also very good!

The last time we went there, we were the VIPs for the day. A CM led us to a private table upstairs and took our orders and delivered our food. It was a lot of fun! It was like a fancy little meal. The table was set with real silverware and had a tablecloth. He was very sweet and it made our day! :heart:[/QUOTE]

Oh thats so nice! Nothing like that ever happens to me sigh:laugh: