Companion ticket on us airways

this has nothing to do with disney directly,but I thought I would get it out there…I have a Bof A us airways credit card…which comes with a so called perk that if you purchase a regular fare you get 2 companions for 99 each,…the problem is I do not get my certificate until mid june …even though I can travel starting each year on june 1st each purchase requires a 14 day advance …I called both Bof A and US AIRWAYS and said I would like to use it for travel this past june 22-27,I started down this road late april and got no satisfaction they said they could do nothing …both blamed the other …after I booked our travel they then sent me a letter apologizing for the circumstance and said once again they could do nothing …then in the next sentence that if it happens again next year they will grant a one time courtesy …they said they couldn’t but then said they could …I have never sued anyone but Bof A and USAIRWAYS are both getting served …enough is enough…has anyone else been confronted with this catch 22…