Comparable to Disney Resorts?

Our vacation in February 2014 we will be spending most of our time at Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens. My DS 14 is a roller coaster freak. So we are contemplating staying off site.

I am concerned that we will be disappointed with off site properties. Any suggestions? We are looking at either hotel rooms or suites or condos. Help!

We always stay at the Marriott Resorts. The Grande Vista is our favourite - we’ve stayed at Marriott Resorts in many different places and have never been disappointed. (I want to live in the one in Palm Springs forever). The Grande Vista is located almost right across the street from Sea World, so you are closer to Universal too. The staff are friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful, the suites are as nice (dare I say some are nicer) than DVC properties. Marriott’s have the best linens I’ve ever encountered, so much so that I ordered their duvet for our bed at home. I’d feel comfortable recommending them to anyone. I’ve never stayed there, but I’ve heard excellent things about the Vistana Suites, too.

Have you considered staying on-site at Universal for a night or two? Their hotels are not only deluxe, but include front of the line privileges in both the parks.

Universal has those new Family suites opening that they are now taking reservations for 2014 Spring Break. Not sure when you are going, but these look amazing and are totally affordable.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for the first time on this trip to San Diego and I will never do it any other way. Even for just DW and I a one bedroom suite is going to be a must!

DW and I are on different schedules and the ability to wake up and not worry about disturbing her is wonderful.

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1131528]We stayed in a two bedroom suite for the first time on this trip to San Diego and I will never do it any other way. Even for just DW and I a one bedroom suite is going to be a must!

DW and I are on different schedules and the ability to wake up and not worry about disturbing her is wonderful.

-H[/QUOTE]

Have to agree. Having the one bedroom suite while away with John this Winter was awesome. We are creatures of very different sleeping habits and this was necessary if both of us wanted to come home alive:laugh: