Connecting Rooms?

Any Disney resort have connecting rooms? If so which ones. Thank you! :slight_smile:

We have found that Caribbean Beach has connecting rooms. When we have requested them ahead of time they have always accomadatet us and it has worked out fine.

All-Star Movies has connecting rooms.

I’ve had connecting rooms at Contemporary, AKL, WL, Yacht, Dolphin, and possibly Boardwalk.
Generally the rooms I’ve had at Pop and the All Stars have not been connecting.
That doesn’t say they don’t have them, I just don’t recall my rooms having the connecting door.
If you want connecting rooms, you need to make that request when you first make your reservation.

I got rooms reserved in March of 2011 at All-Star Movies that are connecting and cheaper than the family suite at AS Music (which we have done), I think I will like the connecting rooms better.

We’ve had connecting rooms at Pop.

We had a connecting room at AS Sports this past weekend (not requested, but fine)…

Technically, there is no difference between a pair of connecting rooms and a family suite. The family suites were made from connecting room pairs and then one room was turned into the “living room”.

I think all the resorts have a limited supply of connecting rooms. Point to note, on our last stay a POP, I requested “adjoining” rooms, which to me meant connected by a door. That wasn’t what POP thought. We only got rooms close to each other. There was a room in between our two rooms. They said “adjoining” did not mean “connecting”. Only after a go round with the manager, I did get rooms that were beside each other, still not connected by a door. Just be very specific when making the reservation.

The Grand Floridian in the Big Pine Key Bldgs have them…

CSR has them. That is what we had in 07

POR has some. Not all rooms are connecting.

We had connecting rooms at SSR but I think that was to turn it into a two bed villa. Also had them at AKL

All WDW resorts have connecting rooms, with the exception of those in which it’s physically impossible to connect (like the Wilderness Cabins or Treehouses). Do keep in mind that you need to request the connecting rooms on your reservation, and that Disney will not guarantee the request but will do everything they can to accommodate it whenever possible.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1033713]I’ve had connecting rooms at Contemporary, AKL, WL, Yacht, Dolphin, and possibly Boardwalk.
Generally the rooms I’ve had at Pop and the All Stars have not been connecting.
That doesn’t say they don’t have them, I just don’t recall my rooms having the connecting door.
If you want connecting rooms, you need to make that request when you first make your reservation.[/QUOTE]

That’s what we have to do at All Star Movies. We requested a connecting room and they accommodated.

We have always had connecting/adjoining rooms at POFQ. Since 2005 every yr we request it, and always get it.

I can see how Family Suites would be more$$ There’s less of them.

But anyways…just make sure you specify that they need to be connected/adjoined and tell them there are young kids that will be going back and forth and you do NOT want them wandering the halls. That’s what fil tells them, which is actually true.

The only time you are guaranteed a adjoining room is when you have small children who will be in a room unsupervised. It’s a request all other times and they do try their best to grant their requests. As turnwrench and simplytall stated in their posts, all WDW resorts have connecting rooms in limited supply. I guess it depends how many were requested for your time frame and how many are actually available when you get there. Definately have it noted on your reservations.

That’s standard for all the DVCs. They generally build them so that they can add a studio and a one bedroom into a two bedroom unit.