Considering A Fall Disneyland Trip! HELP :D

Hello,

Long time no talk everyone! I miss you more than you could realize. I haven’t been around the internet too much these days. And when I am, it’s normally for a specific reason, so I don’t have time to drop in and chat! But anyways… :blush:

So, my 18th birthday is in the end of September and my best friend Amanda’s 19th birthday is in the beginning of November. So we are considering possibly going to Disneyland for the first time. (Neither of us have been there!) Considering neither of us or our families are going to WDW this year, and I do not have the heart to go there without them!!

Both me and Amanda are going to college and beginning to do grown up things this coming late fall and spring. So we are thinking of doing a trip to Disneyland to bond before we get into some stressful transitions!

We were thinking October 7nights, 8days. Park Hoppers and the DDP. Staying inside DL. We were thinking 3-4 days in DL then 2 days in Cali Adventure. A beach and DTD day. And a hotel hang out day.

Here’s what I need help on:

Good restaurants
Good rides
Good shows/parades
Hotel opinions?
DTD info.

ANYTHING :smiley: Thank youuu

Absolutely go!!! If I’ve gotten the right impression from you on MB I REALLY think you will love & appreciate Disneyland.

I know you said you wanted to do the DDP but they don’t have the Dining Plan like WDW does. They have this strange voucher system & to be honest it doesn’t look very worth it. You may want to go read about it. We usually opt to have a small breakfast in our room, a cheaper counter service lunch, & then pay cash for a nice dinner. The restaurants there are EXCELLENT quality & I’ve always said that Disneyland food is so much better than WDW. More variety, foods seem fresher to me, & it’s just delicious.

Otherwise, it’s awesome to go for 7 nights but, trust me, it’s not necessary. If you are able to swing that cost for everything for that many nights than great but you could TOTALLY go for 4 nights & feel completely satisfied. The layout is so small & unlike WDW, you can walk from Autotopia in DL Park all the way to the farthest building at the Disneyland hotel in about 20 minutes. No Disney transportation needed, the monorail is just an awesome bonus. We’ve only gone to Disneyland during REALLY busy times & 4 days was MORE than enough for us. If it were me staying in Souther California for 7 nights I’d be at Disneyland for 4 & checking out other close by sights for 3 days.

Oh, you asked about good restaurants. My favorites are Blue Bayou (atmosphere) & Ariel’s Grotto (I think that’s just a girly must do :laugh:), Steakhouse 55, Storyteller’s Cafe, & Goofy’s Kitchen is A BLAST!!!

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;976057]Hello,

Long time no talk everyone! I miss you more than you could realize. I haven’t been around the internet too much these days. And when I am, it’s normally for a specific reason, so I don’t have time to drop in and chat! But anyways… :blush:

So, my 18th birthday is in the end of September and my best friend Amanda’s 19th birthday is in the beginning of November. So we are considering possibly going to Disneyland for the first time. (Neither of us have been there!) Considering neither of us or our families are going to WDW this year, and I do not have the heart to go there without them!!

Both me and Amanda are going to college and beginning to do grown up things this coming late fall and spring. So we are thinking of doing a trip to Disneyland to bond before we get into some stressful transitions!

We were thinking October 7nights, 8days. Park Hoppers and the DDP. Staying inside DL. We were thinking 3-4 days in DL then 2 days in Cali Adventure. A beach and DTD day. And a hotel hang out day.

Here’s what I need help on:

Good restaurants
Good rides
Good shows/parades
Hotel opinions?
DTD info.

ANYTHING :smiley: Thank youuu[/QUOTE]

Oh, and as far as hotels go, I’m with you. I only stay at official Disneyland Hotels. Many people are going to tell you the “Good Neighbor” hotels are great & probably cheaper, I am sure they are, but I stayed at one once & it just didn’t feel right to me. That’s completely preference. I prefer to be immersed in the Disney experience. When we go out there we usually stay at the beach in Malibu at a hotel, then drive down to Disneyland & stay at a DL Hotel.

All 3 are great, it just depends on budget honestly. Get some price quotes, see what you can afford, & then choose.

Do your parents have a Costco membership? I always see advertisements in our Costco travel section pamphlet about discounts for Disneyland.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;976066]Absolutely go!!! If I’ve gotten the right impression from you on MB I REALLY think you will love & appreciate Disneyland.

I know you said you wanted to do the DDP but they don’t have the Dining Plan like WDW does. They have this strange voucher system & to be honest it doesn’t look very worth it. You may want to go read about it. We usually opt to have a small breakfast in our room, a cheaper counter service lunch, & then pay cash for a nice dinner. The restaurants there are EXCELLENT quality & I’ve always said that Disneyland food is so much better than WDW. More variety, foods seem fresher to me, & it’s just delicious.

Otherwise, it’s awesome to go for 7 nights but, trust me, it’s not necessary. If you are able to swing that cost for everything for that many nights than great but you could TOTALLY go for 4 nights & feel completely satisfied. The layout is so small & unlike WDW, you can walk from Autotopia in DL Park all the way to the farthest building at the Disneyland hotel in about 20 minutes. No Disney transportation needed, the monorail is just an awesome bonus. We’ve only gone to Disneyland during REALLY busy times & 4 days was MORE than enough for us. If it were me staying in Souther California for 7 nights I’d be at Disneyland for 4 & checking out other close by sights for 3 days.

Oh, you asked about good restaurants. My favorites are Blue Bayou (atmosphere) & Ariel’s Grotto (I think that’s just a girly must do :laugh:), Steakhouse 55, Storyteller’s Cafe, & Goofy’s Kitchen is A BLAST!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you sooo much for all your help and information! I think I would really appreciate it too :smiley:

And yeah, I read a little bit on the dining plan and still don’t quite understand it, and need to do more research on it, but I think we are going to do it just because it’s going to be easier than having so much cash on us or just keeping track of what we are spending! You know what children can be like… lol.

As for the length of the trip, we just realllly wanna be able to take everything in. Enjoy everything. Try and see everything. Cause who knows if we’ll ever go back! lol. But I understand it is a lot smaller and easily done in 3-4 days. But who knows!

Another thing is we really want to atleast put our feet in the Pacific Ocean. Neither of us have ever been to the West Coast. So we might do a beach day. But if not, my aunt lives in Huntington Beach. So!

And yes! The foooood. Blue Bayou sounds like a must from what I’ve read, simply because I love the way the atmosphere sounds, the food is just the cherry! :smiley: I also wanted to try Ariels and Steakhouse 55, so I’m glad to hear good things!

How similiar is Goofys Kitchen and Chef Mickey, food and atmosphere wise :blush: Sorry for all the questions!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;976067]Oh, and as far as hotels go, I’m with you. I only stay at official Disneyland Hotels. Many people are going to tell you the “Good Neighbor” hotels are great & probably cheaper, I am sure they are, but I stayed at one once & it just didn’t feel right to me. That’s completely preference. I prefer to be immersed in the Disney experience. When we go out there we usually stay at the beach in Malibu at a hotel, then drive down to Disneyland & stay at a DL Hotel.

All 3 are great, it just depends on budget honestly. Get some price quotes, see what you can afford, & then choose.

Do your parents have a Costco membership? I always see advertisements in our Costco travel section pamphlet about discounts for Disneyland.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the hotels. My family has a hard nothing time getting me to go to Sea World when we go to WDW. (And they are never successful either! :P) I hate leaving the little world of disney. Once I’m in it, I’m in it till check out! :smiley: Thats why I love staying at the hotels, using their transportation, eating on site, etc.

No, we actually don’t have any Costco’s near us. Closest one to us is in Central Jersey I believe.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;976075]
How similiar is Goofys Kitchen and Chef Mickey, food and atmosphere wise :blush: Sorry for all the questions![/QUOTE]

I personally feel like Goofy’s Kitchen is a lot different than Chef Mickey’s. The food is WAY better for a buffet, higher quality. It’s smaller & a little more intimate feeling. Characters are PLENTIFUL & you never know who’s gonna show up. We went there TWICE in one trip & one night we had Belle, Peter Pan, the Fairy Godmother, and Goofy. Whereas, the next time we had Chip & Dale, Pluto, Goofy, & the Mad Hatter. Never had a bad experience there!

That sounds like so much fun! Yeah, the characters in CM are always rushed, and a little impersonal feeling. Out of all the character meals I’d say atleast. Thats good to know. I hope I get Peter Pan if we go! He makes me blush though :wub: lol

Ditto…Wishy’s right about Goofy’s Kitchen. We never miss it. Blue bayou is also a must. You can probably get in at GK without a ressie but don’t take that chance with BB. I’ve tried last minute several times and got in once.

My favorite counter service meal is clam chowder in a bread bowl in CA Adventure. Pacific Wharf Cafe.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;976125]Ditto…Wishy’s right about Goofy’s Kitchen. We never miss it. Blue bayou is also a must. You can probably get in at GK without a ressie but don’t take that chance with BB. I’ve tried last minute several times and got in once.

My favorite counter service meal is clam chowder in a bread bowl in CA Adventure. Pacific Wharf Cafe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the help!!! :laugh: