Considering My Next Disney Themed Dinner! Tonight!

Eek, okay, so those of you who didn’t hear already, recently my family has started a thing where every week someone in my family makes a dinner, whatever they want. And I have decided to do all Disney themed dinners, ones mocking some of the dishes from WDW restaurants.

Well… tonights my night! And I haven’t planned one yet.

So could you guys help me decided!

[B]I was thinking…[/B]

*I’m thinking doing a KONA/Ohana themed dinner, bc my mom reallyyy wants the mango poppyseed dressing again… (this is my least choice)

*A Rose and Crown mixed with Biergarten themed dinner.

*A New England theme (Rose and crown, columbia house and some yatchsman!)

*Or Italian! Mama Melrose and Tonys mostly.

[B]I’m really leaning towards these for tonight…[/B]

*Mama Melrose/TTS themed, because I have a menu planned out already in my head.

*New England themed (R&C and Columbia) bc english food just sounds so goood right now, and I know my parents love it. And it’ll be easy for me to do last minute!

I’ll end up doing all these at some point I’m sure. I’m just having a hard time picking tonight!

Any opinions?

Thank you! :smiley:

Would you consider doing a Biergarten dinner? YUM! You can do saurkraut, those AWESOME pretzel rolls, spatzel, baked chicken or their pork w/ that German gravy, maybe a black forest cake, etc.

My family would LOVE that (then again most of my ancestors came from southern Germany. :laugh:)

AND, not to mention you are in PA, which has some of the BEST resources for German stuff in the US.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;949929]Would you consider doing a Biergarten dinner? YUM! You can do saurkraut, those AWESOME pretzel rolls, spatzel, baked chicken or their pork w/ that German gravy, maybe a black forest cake, etc.

My family would LOVE that (then again most of my ancestors came from southern Germany. :laugh:)

AND, not to mention you are in PA, which has some of the BEST resources for German stuff in the US.[/QUOTE]

That does sound sooo good! haha. This is hard! I just want to eat everything today… haha. Yeah, I’m mostlyy German as well! haha. Thanks! :tongue:

I’m with ya, I could eat myself aroud the WORLD today. I think it’s the weather. :glare:

OH MY GOSH! I so could too. When my Aunt Jeannie comes with us, we do. lol. She likes to stop at every country and get a snack. lol. I love when she comes! HA HA! :happy:

So what did you decide on and how did it go?

Stacey, I am sure whatever you made was fabulous and I have no help there, just wanted to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!

Do you have any Disney cookbooks, or what do you use to guide you? Love it!

:heart::heart:

I just a New England styled dinner. But it actually got pushed back to tonight because my brother and my brother in law went to some car thing… and I didn’t want them to miss it! So I switched! haha.

I’m making…

Fish and Chips, naturally, with a special tartar sauce. (Chicken fingers for the picky ones out of the kids and babies.)
A sandwich styled after the classic ‘Columbia House Sandwich’ from the CH.
Potato and Leek soup!

More simple then the Polynesian dinner, but equally as delicious! I’m excited! I don’t really like fish and chips, thats why I’m making the sandwiches. And I’m also making some chicken fingers, just for the kids who won’t eat fish!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;950190]Stacey, I am sure whatever you made was fabulous and I have no help there, just wanted to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!

Do you have any Disney cookbooks, or what do you use to guide you? Love it!

:heart::heart:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! Yeah, I’m glad I thought of it though because it really is a great way to get the Disney fix and feed your desire for your Disney restaurant favorites!

No, I do not have any Disney cookbooks, unfortunately! But I am on the look out. I actually started by just guessing what was in some of my favorite dishes from Disney and playing around until I got them right, then I started just searching the dishes on recipe websites like allrecipes.com <— GREAT place to get YUMMY recipes of all kinds. But recently I saw on a thread that was posted a section of allears.net that has TONS of Disney recipes. Here is the link for you!

Disney Recipes

Well of course I am delighted with your choice of Fish and chips and tartare sauce-