Considering when to do the Program?

So I met a really fantastic recruiter at my school, and she opened my eyes to how silly I was not to have considered it yet. I’m just curious whats the acceptance rate for the program. Also can you go during the winter and summer? or just fall and spring?

There are several different times you can choose to go during. Basically, you can go Jan-June, June-Jan, or Aug-Jan. These are all approximations and it can vary. I would say definitely go for it if you love Disney! Everyone I know that has done it loved it!

thanks! theres no question IF im gonna its just WHEN, lol. I hope soon!!

So there are a few different types of a program that you could have, first are just the normal Spring and Fall Programs, usually spanning 5-6 months. Then there’s the Spring and Fall Advantage programs, which span 8-9 months! Then there’s the Spring and Fall Quarter Advantage, this depends on your schools semester set up, which usually spans 6-7 months. Lastly, there’s if you’re a Culinary student, in this case you have no set program dates it all depends on your school and your dates will be set upon your interview. Fall programs are always a little longer then Spring! Here’s the breakdown:

*SPRING and FALL:
~Spring: Januaryy thru mid-late May. (interviews begin in the Fall semester.)
~Fall: August thru early January. (interviews begin in Spring semester.)

*SPRING and FALL ADVANTAGE:
~Spring: January thru August. (interviews begin during Fall semester–September or October.)
~Fall: May or June thru early January. (interviews begin during the Spring semester-- January or Feburary.)

*SPRING QUARTER ADVANTAGE and FALL QUARTER ADVANTAGE:
~Spring: March thru August. (interviews in September & November.)
~Fall: June thru early January. (interviews are Feburary through April.)

*EXCEPTIONS:
~CULINARY students have to set up personalized program seasons during their interviews based on their schools system!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

I would highly recommend the program to anyone as well. Something to keep in mind when you are considering when: You will not be able to go home for holidays. If you are at Disney, you will be working on the holiday, probably a double shift. I knew this going in, but a lot of people didn’t and were quite upset.

Acceptance rates depend on the jobs you are willing to do. If you are willing to work quick service food, you will almost certainly be accepted. If you want another job with less available roles, such as lifeguard, you will have much less chance and should apply early. If you are flexible and don’t really mind, you chances are great. The earlier you apply the better however!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;988772]I would highly recommend the program to anyone as well. Something to keep in mind when you are considering when: You will not be able to go home for holidays. If you are at Disney, you will be working on the holiday, probably a double shift. I knew this going in, but a lot of people didn’t and were quite upset.

Acceptance rates depend on the jobs you are willing to do. If you are willing to work quick service food, you will almost certainly be accepted. If you want another job with less available roles, such as lifeguard, you will have much less chance and should apply early. If you are flexible and don’t really mind, you chances are great. The earlier you apply the better however![/QUOTE]

This is just a curiousity question but on the application can you check more then one thing you would be willing to do?

I was actually thinking about this today - can you work any of the special events when you’re doing the CP, like MNSSHP or MVMCP? Or do they just give you hours during the day on those nights?

If you work at Magic Kingdom you will be working at these events. All departments are open during the parties so they have to be staffed. Also shifts can be picked up doing things like passing out candy, parade crowd control etc. Last year I passed out candy and I had a blast. We were giving out full size Ghiradedelli Chocolate bars.
I am really excited about working at the parties again this year.

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;989776]If you work at Magic Kingdom you will be working at these events. All departments are open during the parties so they have to be staffed. Also shifts can be picked up doing things like passing out candy, parade crowd control etc. Last year I passed out candy and I had a blast. We were giving out full size Ghiradedelli Chocolate bars.
I am really excited about working at the parties again this year.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!! I bet your candy stop was really popular with those Ghirardelli bars!! :laugh:
Thanks for the info! :heart:

My son just returned from the 2009 Spring advantage program… he loved it. The Spring was great because he did not miss Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I also did the Spring and found it was easier missing those holidays than it would have been to miss Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was sad to be away from my family on Easter but I talked to them all on the phone in the morning before work and then went to church with a roommate and headed to work in the afternoon.

I think it would have been much harder for me to miss the fall/winter holidays though I think that the CPers try to have their own fun holiday celebrations once the parks wind down following the Christmas rush. I remember seeing lots of fun pics of CP holiday celebrations when I was looking into the CP a million years ago!