Considsering selling some points

With the downturn in the real estate market and finding myself essentially part time now, I’m giving some serious consideration to selling some or all of my SSR points. Fortunately, all are paid off except my BLT points. While I don’t HAVE to sell, I think I’d rather sell some points and have no payments on the BLT.

I have a mix of contract sizes from 50 to 260 points. I will consider some owner financing.

If you would like info PM or email me. RLC@RLCarmichael.com

I just want to know…who’s going to BAIL OUT the TAXPAYERS?!?

Well, hel hath frozen over.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;905977]With the downturn in the real estate market and finding myself essentially part time now, I’m giving some serious consideration to selling some or all of my SSR points. Fortunately, all are paid off except my BLT points. While I don’t HAVE to sell, I think I’d rather sell some points and have no payments on the BLT.

I have a mix of contract sizes from 50 to 260 points. I will consider some owner financing.

If you would like info PM or email me. RLC@RLCarmichael.com

I just want to know…who’s going to BAIL OUT the TAXPAYERS?!?[/QUOTE]

now this is a scary sign of the times! I would love to but I need to get through the holidays and get to a point where we are ready to book a trip on what we have- I had thought however how now would be a great time to pick these things up for a great cost!

I don’t know about that but the appraisal business has “assumed room tempature.” I’ve been doing this full time for 23+ years in some good times and bad, and I’ve NEVER seen it like this. I even put in for the SUB list with the school system. I’m not one to sit around - drives me nuts.

BLT is the only points that didn’t pay cash for. Knew things were slow, but this month is beyond slow.

When I bought BLT I did so with a back up plan. I can rent all of my SSR points and cover the cost without any trouble, but I can ALWAYS buy more points when the market improves and I’m gainfully employed again. Maybe by that time they will be selling DVC Poly. :biggrin:

:eek:Oh, my! You brave soul. Good luck with the subbing, I hope you get some calls and work for teachers who leave you good plans.

You’re not alone Richard. I know of other people who have had to sell their EVC in these hard financial times. It’s a luxury that people sometimes need to give up when times are tough.

You have the right attitude though: you can always buy back when things get better.

I also understand what you’re going through. We’re bordering on a financial crisis ourselves at the moment and it’s hard to have to give up things that give us pleasure. What I’m hoping we’ll wind up doing is renting points rather than giving up DVC entirely since it is still going to be cheaper in the long run than booking individual trips.

On the other hand, since we’re living in Florida now, we do a fair amount of day trips so the need for staying an extended period of time is less than it was.

Still, it’s a tough decision. We’re able to stay at resorts we couldn’t afford any other way. And being at AKL is a wonderful experience. Well, hopefully we’ll reach the right decision soon