Construction by MK bus stops

Anyone know what Disney is doing? There’s a lot of cleared ground behind the MK bus stops but I can’t tell what’s going on.

I saw that too. They’re also doing a lot of construction in the bus area at TTC as well.

We heard putting in new bus terminal. Don’t know if it’s being redesigned or just extended. The amount of ground torn is huge, isn’t it. Maybe there are plans for a gift shop out there too.

I would like it if they had more bus stops…after fireworks at night the buses have to wait lined up to get to their place…I remember when there were just a couple of bus stops there—because there were just a couple of resorts!!! lol The more resorts their are the more people of course.

I hope they are just expanding the bus stops—but I also hope that they put clear large lettered signs as to which way to go to which bus…sometimes we have been let off at a different stop in the morning.

It is the new Avatarland…the thrill of standing in line for transport to another world.

And to cool you down while waiting for those buses, they have a blue water mister that gives you that special avatar look.

I was hoping it wasn’t more bus stops, that’s going to be a long walk at the end of the night. However, other more bus stops it doesn’t look like it could be good for much else.

Yes, unless they use some of that area for a bus turnaround or something, it looks large enough that you’ll need to take a bus to get the bus stop.

They were working on that when I was there mid April. When I asked some CS about what they were doing no one seemed to know. I’m going back in February 2014. Hope it’s done by then.

From what I understand they are extending the bus stop to accommodate the new, longer Nova buses they are intending to add to accommodate more passengers.

More bus stops. At night they have busses waiting to get to the boarding areas so more stops will mean moving more guests faster.

That is true, there’s always a line of buses waiting to get into the loading area.

This brings up a side discussion. On one of our recent trips I asked one of the drivers if they were looking at articulated buses. He said that they probably weren’t going to use them, mostly because so often during the day, most buses are pretty empty, so there’s little need for those 80 seat versions.

EXCEPT: We all know how bad the returning buses to the All Stars, Pop, and now AoA get swamped at closing time and how they need something like 15 buses just to get guests back to Pop. That’s when the articulated buses are handy. And yes, they would need to make longer slots for them.
But it’s really only rush hour when these buses are worth what they’re going to spend.
But they certainly are enlarging the MK bus station. And it isn’t so long ago that they did the last enlargement.

Ever see the “load two side by side buses so we can get 100 people back to Pop now” act? I have. Many times now.

Of course, they also have plenty of buses lined up in reserve too.

Ever seen NY’s Port Authority Bus Terminal during afternoon rush. Makes WDW look like a very insignificant operation.

that was going on back in May too - no idea what they re doing!

Oh—I don’t like those funky extra long buses—I hope that they don’t go to that. I have been on one and it was extra bouncy in the middle…:ohmy:

I do think that at certain times we would benefit from more buses being available at any of the parks…just after fireworks for example. EPCOT has a spot where buses can wait and just pull up but the MK currently does not.

And you are right Soundgod…it seems like they just updated the bus area…can’t remember how long ago it was.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1134612]Ever see the “load two side by side buses so we can get 100 people back to Pop now” act? I have. Many times now.

Of course, they also have plenty of buses lined up in reserve too.

Ever seen NY’s Port Authority Bus Terminal during afternoon rush. Makes WDW look like a very insignificant operation.[/QUOTE]

We’ve seen the double load a couple of times, it’s impressive.

Actually, MK’s bus station has plenty of holding room for buses. They just stack them differently than at Epcot. But they stack holding buses at DHS in a very similar manner to MK. It’s that long line of empty incoming buses.

And I’ve participated in the double load perhaps 5 times now. At least you can get 100 guests out of there at once that way AND can work around “augmented” riders with personal transport vehicles as well. And that also might be something that using articulated buses at closing would help, even if they can take only 2 more ECVs.

I see why they’re adding more space in front of the park for the resort guests but why at TTC. There aren’t that many off site people that park at TTC and take a bus to another park. MOST park at the other parks.
There is currently enough space for all the non-wdw busses that arrive as well as park buses.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1134691]I see why they’re adding more space in front of the park for the resort guests but why at TTC. There aren’t that many off site people that park at TTC and take a bus to another park. MOST park at the other parks.
There is currently enough space for all the non-wdw busses that arrive as well as park buses.[/QUOTE]

Outside Tour busses drop off, many times wait there, and pick up their groups at the TTC for MK.