Cool book..."How to be Like Walt"

I got this for Christmas, it’s written by Pat Williams, who I believe at one time was (or still may be) the GM of the NBA’s Orlando Magic.

Anyhoo…It is a nice biography of Walt Disney, mixed with tips on how to apply the principles of his life into ours. While the book doesn’t tell you to take the next train to California with little more than the clothes on your back, (as Walt did)… it does give that as an example of following your dreams, doing what is necessary to achieve them.

One of the fun parts of the book tells the story of how Walt lost the rights to Oswald the Rabbit to Charles Mintz. I’m glad Walt didn’t give up…somehow the sound of “Welcome to Charles Mintz World” doesn’t have quite the same appeal as Walt Disney World.

Anyone who loves Disney history would enjoy this book, IMHO!

Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to add that to my list of must reads. :cool:

(Missing the Jersey shore…say hello for me!)

This really sounds like something I would like to read. Thanks.

This is my favorite biography of Walt out of the the few I have read. It has more of an informal, playful tone. To it, and I loved the tips on how to be like Walt. (Wow. That was a little strange to write…) I was lucky enough to get one autographed by Pat Williams. One of my top ten, most definitely.

Added to my list! Thank you, sounds great!

My dad bought me that book like 4 years ago as a christmas gift…I have yet to open it and read it, haha…guess you could say Im not much of a reader…

But it does look great on my bookshelf :blush: