Coral Reef Restaurant

Hello guys, i’m going with my family to the Coral Reef Restauant in January and want to know what you guys think on this place, what you got, what’s good for kids, etc… Thanks for letting me know!

• Justin

Coral Reef gets a lot of mixed reviews and people either love it or hate it. We have only been there once and that was enough for me. We had poor service and my meal wasn’t good. The atmosphere was cool but it wasn’t enough to make up for the service or food.

We were just there on 12/6. I got the grouper which to be honest was not the greatest. It had no flavor and the rice and mushroom garnish were awful. On the other hand my husband had the seafood linguine which was delicious. We had the chocolate wave for dessert and that was delicious too! The kids choices are very limited…from my understanding it was just fish or cheese pizza. I asked if they could make a pbj but they could not.

We had a table right by the aquarium and the kids enjoyed that. It was still a pleasant experience but the food was hit or miss.

Welcome to MB! We ate at Coral Reef for lunch during our trip in October. We admittedly had low expectations, having read some so-so reviews. But we really enjoyed ourselves – my two sons (9 and 5) thought it was just the coolest thing to eat there. The food and service were both fine, but not spectacular (I would go for lunch, not dinner). If your goal is to have amazing seafood, I would recommend somewhere else (like Narcooses). If it is to eat at a fun place with a cool view, Coral Reef was good! :biggrin:

Other reviews can be found at: AllEars.net Review Page - Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner - Powered by ReviewPost

Good luck!

We went this past Jan for lunch. the kids Loved the tank, and we did get to see a diver with a “happy birthday” message for a couple, which the kids loved!

I had the lobster salad, which was very good, but not very filling. My DH had the BBQ Salmon sandwich and liked it. The kids were not impressed at all-- my DD got the grilled chicken but it was very dry and overcooked, and my DS got the mac n cheese and said it was like all the others.

We loved the tanks and trying to identify the fish, but it would be a while before we went back there.

Welcome to Mousebuzz.:happy:

As DisneyTeacher said, this place gets so many mixed reviews, you’d think it was two different restaurants. The first time we ate there we were totally underwhelmed, but we gave it a try about a year ago and quite enjoyed it. That being said, I don’t think we’d go back again. The atmosphere is beautiful. I hope your experience is good.

I have been to Coral Reef three times now - once for lunch and twice for dinner. We have had two really delicious and great experiences and one good experience. I will say that the menu is a little overpriced for the quality but we were on the dining plan all the times we visited so we really didn’t care that the prices seemed so inflated.

The atmosphere is really cool though during super busy times it can seem kind of loud and chaotic. I think the sound must really bounce off the tank and back into the room.

I would definitely go there again on the dining plan but probably would not pay out of pocket for it.

:wub:We must have been lucky at the Coral Reef, we have always had a good meal there,granted the menu has changed quite a bit over the years. last time DH and I both had the Lobster salad and lobster bisque for lunch along with dessert. We were both more than satisfied. DS was 10 at the time and has always loved this place. He is not a huge eater however!

I think we’ll try it. It just seems right for us! I’ll let you know how it is.

• Justin

I have ate there twice and really liked it both times. The atmosphere is awesome and kids will enjoy it. The chocolate wave is great!

Welcome to MouseBuzz!

Thanks guys!

• Justin

I’ve been there twice…for lunch. Both times I had the steak (I know it’s weird considering it’s supposedly a seafood restaurant). It was great. This last time it was better than the steak I had a Le Cellier. We also had the chocolate wave (also excellent). The first year I went I had the crab cake, which was great too. I love this restaurant. See if you can sit close to the take. It’s just mesmerizing.

Welcome to MB!

Thanks for the comment zefyr! Where leaving in January so i’ll let you guys know how it is :).

• Justin

[QUOTE=zefyr;914736]I’ve been there twice…for lunch. Both times I had the steak (I know it’s weird considering it’s supposedly a seafood restaurant). It was great. This last time it was better than the steak I had a Le Cellier. We also had the chocolate wave (also excellent). The first year I went I had the crab cake, which was great too. I love this restaurant. See if you can sit close to the take. It’s just mesmerizing.

Welcome to MB![/QUOTE]

I always have the steak too! Not much of a fish eater but my family likes fish so they like to go to Coral Reef. I have also found the steak to be good there.

[QUOTE=Justin;914276]Hello guys, i’m going with my family to the Coral Reef Restauant in January and want to know what you guys think on this place, what you got, what’s good for kids, etc… Thanks for letting me know!

• Justin[/QUOTE]
    First of all WELCOME to MB
    Now to answer your question. We ate there on our last trip and had a great meal and loved it.

I actually hated the Coral Reef! We just came back Sunday and I thought it was terrible. I was not pleased at all. The aquarium I thought was going to be different then it was and I just didn’t like the food. Thank you all but I would so not eat thier again!

• Justin

[QUOTE=Justin;928376]I actually hated the Coral Reef! We just came back Sunday and I thought it was terrible. I was not pleased at all. The aquarium I thought was going to be different then it was and I just didn’t like the food. Thank you all but I would so not eat thier again!

• Justin[/QUOTE]

At least you can say you’ve tried it. Everyone has their own preferences. Alot of people here like San Angel Inn, I can’t stand it…but I only know that b/c I’ve tried it (and every 5 years re-tried it just in case my preferences change). For you Coral Reef isn’t your thing, so now you can go try another place and maybe it’ll work for you!

[QUOTE=Justin;928376]I actually hated the Coral Reef! We just came back Sunday and I thought it was terrible. I was not pleased at all. The aquarium I thought was going to be different then it was and I just didn’t like the food. Thank you all but I would so not eat thier again!

• Justin[/QUOTE]

what did you order…was it the food that was disappointing, or the atmosphere, or service??

i’ve been thinking we would give it a shot, just curious what it was that made your experience a bad one.

• Justin[/QUOTE]

aw sorry you didn’t like it. :frowning: I was hoping you’d come back with a glowing review saying you had a great time!

I’ve never been but it’s on my “must do” list, despite the so-so reviews, simply because I’ve always wanted to try it.

Like others have said, at least you can say you’ve been there! It’s one more part of WDW that you can say you’ve experienced. :mickey: