Cornado Springs

I just returned from a conference at Cornado Springs and I must say I was very impressed with the resort. I was afraid it would not have the Disney feel since it is a conference center, but it was very beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and I have no complaints about the bus service. Of course I felt sorry for the few families I saw vacationing there since there were 5000 teenagers at the conference. I didn’t bother with going to the pool, since I knew it would be wall to wall teenagers. :laugh:

I was reminded of why I always go to DW in the winter! It was so hot!
In January we will be heading to Kidani Village, and I can’t wait!:happy:

oh glad to hear, as I will be there in September. There is no conference planned for when I go tho. Well, it ends the day after we arrive…

See, it IS a nice place to hang your ears.

Hot? Welcome to Florida in the summer.
I’ve been dealing with it for 25 years now.

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1038877]oh glad to hear, as I will be there in September. There is no conference planned for when I go tho. Well, it ends the day after we arrive…[/QUOTE]There are conferences planned just about every day at CSR…that’s what they do just like the others WDW convention resorts.

[QUOTE=rlb;1038875]I just returned from a conference at Cornado Springs and I must say I was very impressed with the resort. I was afraid it would not have the Disney feel since it is a conference center, but it was very beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and I have no complaints about the bus service. Of course I felt sorry for the few families I saw vacationing there since there were 5000 teenagers at the conference. I didn’t bother with going to the pool, since I knew it would be wall to wall teenagers. :laugh:

In January we will be heading to Kidani Village, and I can’t wait!:happy:[/QUOTE]Glad you had an enjoyable trip. CSR is my favorite resort!

Buzz, do you have some sort of alarm that lets you know automatically that somebody’s talking about CSR?

I’m always around checking the different boards.

any pictures from around the resort?

I :heart: CSR!

I actually say that the one conference scheduled for September is ending on the 27th. Got it off your site! lol

Sept 24 - 27, ASBO 96th Annual Meeting

I took this picture from outside my room. We were in 8651.

[QUOTE=rlb;1038875]I just returned from a conference at Cornado Springs and I must say I was very impressed with the resort. I was afraid it would not have the Disney feel since it is a conference center, but it was very beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and I have no complaints about the bus service. Of course I felt sorry for the few families I saw vacationing there since there were 5000 teenagers at the conference. I didn’t bother with going to the pool, since I knew it would be wall to wall teenagers. :laugh:

In January we will be heading to Kidani Village, and I can’t wait!:happy:[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way about the resort. It was beautiful and comfortable,but felt sorry for anyone there not at our conference…I would be so annoyed if I was there on vacation and had to endure the HUGE group of people I was with. It made me not want to ever stay there for vacation…

[QUOTE=rlb;1038901]I took this picture from outside my room. We were in 8651.[/QUOTE]Great shot! Wish I was there right now!!

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1038898]I actually say that the one conference scheduled for September is ending on the 27th. Got it off your site! lol

Sept 24 - 27, ASBO 96th Annual Meeting[/QUOTE]Unfortunately my list is not a complete list, just ones I find searching the internet.

[QUOTE=Kidani & Me;1038893]any pictures from around the resort?[/QUOTE]Plenty on my site below.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1038895]I :heart: CSR![/QUOTE]I agree 100%!

I’ve stayed at this resort MORE then any other Disney resort, and I’m sure there were conferences there when I was?? The ONLY ONLY time I noticed the crowds was at breakfast at the Maya Grill and even then I could only tell it was a conference because they were soldiers so they were all dressed the same. :laugh: Other then that, it could have been any other crowd I encounter at Disney. The conference center is at the front of the resort, and since most are “in conference” all day, they go to the parks at night, leaving the park people (me) the pool for nighttime! :happy:

Hmm…sounds great about the conference peeps being on a different schedule than the vacationing ones. My parents LOVED this resort…I’ve never stayed there but I think I’m gonna have to check it out on the next trip.

We love this resort! We have stayed there more than any other Disney resort. Can’t wait to get there in a little more than 100 days.

perhaps my opinion is jaded because I was there for business and not pleasure? I am not sure what it is with me and that resort, but it’s just not some where I would want to stay.