Cornbread and memories

So I am cooking corbread as part of dinner tonight just 4 days before we head down to the world for what will probably be our last full family trip. The wife is napping and both my teenagers(18 and 16) are actively living their lives via texting and facebook.
Where did the years go?
I remember them being just a wee bit taller than my knee as we were down in disney and Jasmine actually kissed this old man’s cheek which was caught in a photo and my face as red as a tomato.
I remember with happiness waiting in that awfully long line to see all the princesses with my girls and the nice CM lady from New York who kept coming through the line to say hello 3 times and act like i was a long lost relative that she just rediscovered in line.

I think its not so much the place as it is the feeling of letting the magic happen. whatever the answer when you get to the world with your wee ones please try to take this old man’s suggestion. It’s not about how much you spend or about how many rides you do or dont make it on. 10 years later it;s about the memories.

It’s not about how much you spend or about how many rides you do or dont make it on. 10 years later it;s about the memories.

Amen!!!

I always just hope my kids have the same great memories as I do going to WDW with them…really any vacation with them. I hope when they are grown they will continue the tradition with their families. Until then, we will continue to make memories!

Captain what a lovely thread- you made me reflect on all the years we’ve spent at the World and how our daughter has grown there. I hope your up coming trip is truly wonderful and I know you’ll make even more special memories to keep forever.

What a neat thing to say. My dad wasn’t in my life (his choice) so when I hear a dad say something like that is warms my heart. :heart: