Coronado Housekeeping issue

Ok, I know this is going to sound CRAZY, but I heard this from a good source. Someone who just got back from a week at Coronado Springs had a not so great experience with Coronado housekeeping. This was not their first Disney stay, they are quite famaliar with WDW. They said the trip was fabulous, but some crazy stuff was going on at the resort reguarding the housekeeping. They kept returning to their room at night, and housekeeping had not touched it…they called to ask about it…but still no housekeeping. Their room was only cleaned twice all week. At one point they called, asked that the room be cleaned and that they needed towels (they had been a couple days without any fresh linens), and they never got them.
When they spoke to the front desk about it they got no real response…
When they ran into a housekeeping member, they asked about it and were told “are you tipping every day? You need to tip every day”.
Is there some friction going on with WDW housekeeping??
Has anyone else heard similar stories?
The family that experienced this is emailing Disney to let them know.

WOW. I’m interested to hear more.

And that tipping comment is completely unacceptable.

Not sure if things are done the same way, but my CP roomie was a mousekeeper and she was told she could get sent anywhere but Swan, Dolphin or CSR because they supplied their own. This was several years ago now though, things may have changed.

??:huh :Huh

What the heck is that? I think I would have been a little more insistent after not getting a satisfactory answer from anyone.

The tip thing is tripping me up.

Wow, that is soooo not ok! I’d like to hear what they get back as a response from Disney.

OK - you got me at a housekeeper asking if you’re “tipping every day”. No, housekeeper, you are NOT obliged to tip everyday to get a clean room. That is your job! The tip is a bonus and usually generously given. I would have marched to the manager immediately and not left until I was assured that that room was spotless EVERY day. That is just unacceptable! I would really let Disney know that that is what she said to them. There is no excuse at all. Part of staying at a Disney resort (other than the DVC) is to expect a clean room DAILY.

I have never heard of Housekeeping or WDW staff being so blatant about tipping to get service. Tips are for service done and not the other way around. I would encourage your friend to send a not-so-nice letter about their experience to the General Manager of that resort. I would have been at that desk to speak to him/her before I left.

I have seen when rooms are not done to Disney standards, but even then a phone call is all it took to resolve the issue.

To even insinuate that a tip is required is about as un-Disney as anything I have ever heard. I’m with Llama there would have been a scene in the lobby if they had blown me off like that. That would have been followed by a call to Disney Corporate.

I too am curious of the outcome of all of this.

-Harry

Asking for a tip = losing your job. Or at least it used to!

It should = losing your job in my opinion. A tip is extra - a thank you for taking such great care of someone. How dare anyone hold the service you deserve and PAY for hostage by the lack of tip.

If/when I hear of any WDW response to the email, I’ll fill you in.
I’m really curious to hear if anyone else had similar experience recently at CSR.

[QUOTE=Reiko;1106755]If/when I hear of any WDW response to the email, I’ll fill you in.
I’m really curious to hear if anyone else had similar experience recently at CSR.[/QUOTE]

I have never personally heard or remember hearing anyone having a similar experience.

Please do keep us in the loop. I am curious.

[QUOTE=Reiko;1106755]If/when I hear of any WDW response to the email, I’ll fill you in.
I’m really curious to hear if anyone else had similar experience recently at CSR.[/QUOTE]

No, I haven’t heard anything like that about any resort. I have to tell you I am a little skeptical about the tip comment. I can’t imagine that it was actually said. Can you?
No employee is that stupid

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106760]
No employee is that stupid[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest. :laugh:

(I’m not commenting on the veracity of this particular incident… just that one shouldn’t underestimate the pervasive nature of stupid!)

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106760]No, I haven’t heard anything like that about any resort. I have to tell you I am a little skeptical about the tip comment. I can’t imagine that it was actually said. Can you?
No employee is that stupid[/QUOTE]

I share the skepticism. Even if the room was missed, the call to the front desk at the end of the day would have involved a different crew/staff. A lousy employee, sure. A wide conspiracy, I’m skeptical.

Although the “no tip, no work” statement seems out there, on our trip with the torn sofa cushions, messages were passed and nothing done. 5 days and 5 visits to the front desk did nothing. On the fourth day, I got a phone call asking if I was happy with the results. Got back to the room and nothing was done. Soooooo maybe the story has some truth to it.

jo-jo, I don’t mean that the story isn’t true to a point. I just think that whatever was said could have been (inadvertently) embellished because the guest was so unhappy.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1106761]Surely you jest. :laugh:

(I’m not commenting on the veracity of this particular incident… just that one shouldn’t underestimate the pervasive nature of stupid!)[/QUOTE]

OMG, what was I thinking :blush:

I am so sorry your friends had this experience. However, it just wouldn’t have happened to us. I would have gone to the manager and raised Holy Heck until that room was cleaned and fresh linens daily, and still would have followed through with a letter upon returning home to the powers that be.
As for the tip remark, then I can guarantee many Brits will have un-serviced rooms! We are not known for our tipping skills- only us American regulars know it is expected.

We had a similar experience with the mosekeepers staff, but we call the front office and they were there with a crew within minutes. The next day the mousekeeper that we had we heard was suspened for one week and was going thru retraining. The problem was it was half way thru our stay and we were completely happy with the service up to then and was tipping them each day. Plus that day tip was taken and nothing was done. After that problem our room was spotless for the rest of the trip. We alway tip the next morning if the room is cleanedand new towels are placed.