Coronado Info : att: Soundgod

Just wanted to say thank you for the info on the Coronado. I think we are going to request Casita 2 as our first choice, Casita 3 as our second choice. I did some reading online … are those locations considered “club level” ??? If those arent available I guess then we will ask for the Cabana (maybe 9A).

Thanks again!
Cara

I LOVE the Casitas section. When I was a Fl resident & stayed there often I would always request Casitas. You’ll enjoy it!

Great to hear! I just emailed my Magical Journeys agent…asking for Casita location as our first choice.

[QUOTE=CaraMia;963867]Just wanted to say thank you for the info on the Coronado. I think we are going to request Casita 2 as our first choice, Casita 3 as our second choice. I did some reading online … are those locations considered “club level” ??? If those arent available I guess then we will ask for the Cabana (maybe 9A).

Thanks again!
Cara[/QUOTE]

When are you going? Casitas 2 and 3 are not rehabbed as of yet. Club Level is only offered to convention guests. They’ve decided it is not cost effective for regular resort guests so it is not being offered to them.

I beg to differ. We were in Casitas 2, room 2453 and I assure you it was rehabbed, otherwise I wouldn’t be talking about queen beds and LCD TVs from personal memory. We stayed there April 7-9. They were working on Casitas 5 when we were there, and that appeared to be in the final stages.

Then they’ve done a scattering of rooms in Casitas 1, 2 and 3. They were one of one of the first buildings done after the Cabanas, but they only did the 4th floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 at the time. Casitas 5 is now done. They are working on Ranchos 7B at the moment with Ranchos 7A left and the remaining rooms of floors 1, 2 and 3 of the Casitas. In all, eight buildings are completely done with five buildings to be finished.

KatMark, if they only did the 4th floor of Casitas 1,2, and 3, then I can see where I’d get the impression it was finished as we were on the 4th floor of Casitas 2 and all the rooms I passed that I could see in were done. But the third floor rooms I passed also looked done, and as I posted, they were working on 5 when we were there.

They had done all of the queen beds prior to starting the rehab. So they may have looked done. Or as I indicated, they may have sporadically done some of the other rooms as well. I got my information directly from a CM at the CSR that I know and the info I posted is what she has told me has been done.

As you said, they did the 4th floor, which is where our room was.
And in order to install the LCD TV, that would mean a change of furniture in order to house it. Plus, the room smelled like new carpet. Although, I’m now not sure we didn’t have a king bed in place of two queens.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;963913]As you said, they did the 4th floor, which is where our room was.
And in order to install the LCD TV, that would mean a change of furniture in order to house it. Plus, the room smelled like new carpet. Although, I’m now not sure we didn’t have a king bed in place of two queens.[/QUOTE]

Well, the good news is that they are on schedule and the rooms look great from all of the pictures I’ve seen. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our planned eighth stay at the CSR in September and will not get to see them first hand. But, hopefully, in 2010.

Bottom line, CSR is a good choice and Casitas seems to be the best location as far as transport speed. We did have a good view of Everest from the catwalk outside our room.

Have a great trip!