Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach

Just wondering if I should try csr .I have already stayed at Caribbean is Csr worth trying?

Yes. CSR is worth a try - it’s a beautiful resort - very romantic! I love it!

CSR is a key convention resort. I’m not saying don’t try it. Just be prepared to be around a different sort of WDW guest. One trip we noted there was a politcal convention at CSR, and we were soooo glad we didn’t have to deal with that group (I don’t want to listen to anyone’s political spiel on my vacation, regardless of their party.).

I just came back yesterday from cbr and it left a bad taste in my mouth… the cast members were rude in the gift shop … a worker even yelled at another worker infront of people… The room was not clean … the bed was broken and the refrigerator was broken… I also was not pleased with the buses … I have sayed on Disney for the last 6 years and will never stay at cbr again!
( sorry I m venting )

Haven’t stayed at CS, so don’t have a comparison, but I do have to say I don’t like the 6 or 7 bus stops in CBR. It takes too long to get throughout the resort, before your on your way to a park. Not sure if that’s a feature for only CBR or not, but it’s something to think about.

This is similar to my experience last week, too. Fridge replaced first day, same dead bug in bathroom corner for the entire stay, and the bus situation was not good.

Skeeter, what building were you in? I was in Jamaica 44.

We have stayed in both, but we prefer CBR
over CSR.

I am not fond of Coronado Springs Resort. We stayed there several years ago and it was not a good experience. We have not been back since. At the time there were few golf carts to shuttle you around the resort and we were in a bldg far from the Main building. We had to wait minimally 30 minutes for a shuttle bus (we would have walked but it was late and we had diaper bags, strollers, babies, etc. ). The frogs in the pond outside our room kept us up ALL night EVERY night we were there. My son and neice got bedbug bites on their arms and legs. When we checked in they messed up the reservation and it took a long time to correct it. And the billing on our room and my brother’s room was all mixed up and it took them forever to correct it upon check-out. It just was a weekend of mishaps there and we have not wanted to return back. Maybe someday we will try it again…if I had to chose I would pick Caribbean Beach Resort…just make sure you request a building close to the Main Bldg. That resort also is spread out a bit. Our fav resort is POR - Alligator Bayou.

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 7 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you’ll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks you mentioned. See the map below.

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you’ll get your request.

[ul]
[li]The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
[/li]
[li]The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
[/li]
[li]The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded – some would say isolated – and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.[/ul]
[/li]

We had a fabulous time at CBR last year, the resort was beautiful, clean, towel animals every day!! The food court had a gret selection! My only regret was not being able to spend more time at the resort! I have never stayed at CSR.

I had booked the CSR for my vacation in Nov. but canceled it when I found out it was a convention hotel. I want to try the CBR next time. I love the Port Orleans Riverside and french quarter. Great hotels

We stayed at Coronado in 2003. It was our first moderate-amenity trip in awhile (after several deluxe resort trips). We really enjoyed it and would definitely return.

Our room was not too far from the main building. The other side of the lake would’ve been a bit of a hike, though.

And I think there was a convention there when we were there, and it really wasn’t very noticeable. Considering you spend most of the time in the parks, and the conventioneers usually have scheduled gatherings for evenings, I don’t think it would be very intrusive.

Frankly, the convention presence at the Contemporary when we where there in mid-September was much more noticeable.

We’re staying at CSR for the (I think 14th time) again Oct. 17-24. We love this resort. We love all the resorts, but CSR the most!